It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think the Democrats should back off trying to impeach Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I am really surprised we survived the 70s. I really thought the leaders of the World would have nuked the place. When Ronald Reagan became president in the 80s it got worse and I really thought we were done. I've always felt there just something fatally wrong with human nature. And that there really is no way we would survive it. And I've argued on ATS the fact we haven't nuked ourselves is pretty convincing evidence extraterrestrials exist and have probably prevented us from nuking ourselves several times.

My thinking on human nature is this idea. Have you seen in a movie the plot where the crazed lover says, "Well, if I can't have her nobody can." And then the crazed lover goes on a shooting rampage. This idea of "If I can't have something then nobody can" just seems to prevalent in the minds of people. I really thought over the years some political leader with means would be compromised and be forced to be remove power would strike out one final blow in revenge. In the mind of the person being disposed, "Well, if I can be charge then nobody can be charge" would be the mentality.

So this is why I think it's best the Democrats stop what they are doing with impeachment. As many of you know I am a far left liberal Democrat (Sanders for President!) So I would love to score political points. However, here is my thinking. Donald seems to me to be a person who has a lot of temper tantrums. Donald doesn't seem like a person who likes to share his toys. Donald doesn't seem like a person who doesn't take it lightly when things do not go his way.

So I think, just as a precaution, we should not pursue impeachment. Because what if he is about to be found guilty and about to be forced to be removed from office. I'm not sure I trust Donald to take the news he's about to be removed from power lightly. He just might "snap" and feel like a crazed lover who has been cheated on and then also found out he was being cheated on under the most extreme moment of humiliation.

So let's consider the weight of the choice. What would you rather have. A president who breaks a few election laws OR the complete end of civilization? I call this the MAD argument against impeaching Donald Trump. I think just the threat of what Donald might do just coming close to being impeached is enough to think it's just not worth it to put billions of people at risk of being nuked.

So I think we should wait for the 2020 election. There's plenty enough evidence out there for people to come to an adequate decision of the nature of Donald's character. It's just not worth it to put Donald's character maturity and sanity to the test!

edit on 21-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That is very reasonable to think that. Unfortunately, almost no one else in your tribe thinks the same.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They want to fight with Trump.

Nancy isn’t in the same league as President Trump.

This is a HUGE mistake.

There is no crime. It’s ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Well, it's pretty obvious he broke election laws. I think there's a very good chance he will be impeached. But this thread is more about my fear of what Donald might do if he thought he was close to losing power and being humiliated.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"He just might "snap" and feel like a crazed lover who has been cheated on and found out under the most extreme moment of humiliation."

You make The Don sound like he is a Democrat.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So we should just let the baby do what he wants because he might break stuff.

Somehow I think if Trumps parents hadn't done that we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There is no crime. It’s ridiculous.

i agree

treason bribery high crimes or misdemeanors

none of which have been shown imo
nor do I think they will show such

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Well, it's pretty obvious he broke election laws.

so did barak
he paid a fine

no high crime or misdemeanor there

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

And when he wins by landslide in 2020? What then? Four more years of BAMN I bet.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It takes a lot more people involved to start lobbing ICBMs around the planet. Smoke one and relax, he has grandchildren now, ain’t going to let them get hurt. You people really need to find your safe place and don’t come out for 5years or so! Bernie Sanders!! Bwwuuhhhhaaaa haaaaaaa haaaa!!

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Well, it's pretty obvious he broke election laws. I think there's a very good chance he will be impeached. But this thread is more about my fear of what Donald might do if he thought he was close to losing power and being humiliated.

So,

Look at the virtual cornucopia of crimes Hillary committed.

600 I believe. Those were just her handling of classified materials.

You can’t point at the President and not look in the mirror.

An impeachment must be fair.

If it is fair the American people will go along.

If it turns into a sh!t show.

A Democrat won’t be President in your lifetime.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think the Democrats know something about Trump, and Trump and the Republicans know something about the democrats. Just that either side can't come out and tell it how it is because of the means of how they found out would get them in trouble.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That does not seem very likely. Even Trump, I suspect, will not be that hatefull and destroy the world because he got impeached. He knows failure, didn't jump of the ledge back then either.

Plus, they wouldn't let him.

At the end of the day Trump is just another guy. Certainly no drainer of swamps but also not the end of the world

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Two modes: 1) making up stuff about what he *is* doing, or 2) hand-wringing about what he *might* do.

So tiresome.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Trump might have a chance at the distinction of being the only President to be impeached and re-elected...and even impeached multiple times with no removal.

Something tells me he might actually enjoy that.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: underpass61

Trump might have a chance at the distinction of being the only President to be impeached and re-elected...and even impeached multiple times with no removal.

Something tells me he might actually enjoy that.

and top it off with Obama getting impeached

the perfect summer......

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Are you serious ? 🙄

Trump may get a little unhinged at times, but considering the extreme amount of hate and abuse thrown his way from politicians, and all walks of society, I think he has held up remarkably well. You have to have a fighting spirit to keep on going with that sort of abuse heaped on you.

That being said, I highly doubt he would totally lose it ,if impeached ,and put his country in harms way.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I am neither a liberal Democrat nor a conservative Republican- I am a moderate and I try to stay fairly neutral in all of this "us versus them" bullcrap. That being said, in this instance you are just being over the top ridiculous!

I understand that you hate Trump but this time your silliness makes you look really bad.
Yep, you've crossed the line into snowflake territory!

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I seem to remember a lot of deranged cult members saying Trump would nuke the world if he won the election, that he would get us into wars all over the damn planet.
I also have heard those same cult members crying that he brought the troops home from Syria.
But that hypocrisy is already well known.
What you are wringing your hands over just isn’t possible.
Trump doesn’t touch the nuclear “football”, his military aides do and they would be well aware of any unlawful order to launch a nuclear strike and they would act accordingly.
So don’t lose any sleep over that happening.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree the dems need to stop the insanity of impeachment but they should do it for the right reasons. Avoiding a "temper tantrum is not the right reason. The impeachment option exists for a reason but all things considered, Trump has not done anything that warrants it. The dems are just badgering Trump hoping they'll wear him down.

Trump is president but he's also a father and grandfather. There's something about children that makes you want to provide the absolute best for them. Destroying the planet isn't part of that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join