It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US$2trillion a year to TERRAFORM the Sahara. Should we do it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

the biggest problem with terraforming the Sahara would be the environmental domino effect it would create. The Sahara’s sand gets carried in the air by wind power and is deposited in South America after crossing the Atlantic Ocean. The dust picks up moisture during its journey, and when it falls from the sky – rain comes along with it.

This dust and rain combo falls on the Amazon rainforest, helping to fertilize it and providing the ecosystem the water that it needs. No Sahara could potentially mean no more Amazon rainforest unless someone else steps in with a plan to avert that crisis.

Well OK, lets do something really, really dumb then just to see if it will work.

The article is clearly making fun of the idea and for what appears to be good reason. Now if you're talking about replanting forests where they recently existed that might make sense, but this is just nonsense of the highest order.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thank you for that.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

My thinking would be if they are going to gamble away 2 Trillion $$$$ it might be best to do it in Las Vegas rather than the Sahara.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Or just give it to me. I'd throw one hell of a party.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That would indeed be one hell of a party!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The only answer to all of these problems is to start a gofraudme page about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I'm fecking still waiting on Star Citizen. LoL

Was that not how that started?

Then again the price of ships can be about the same as a deposit on a house, or so im lead to believe.

Im still not sure what the feck i got for my £50 log on.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

But what if climate change will kill us by drowning us with the rising sea water levels, we could direct those waters in the ancient rivers systems of Sahara, thus saving us all from a horrible death.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

He was already into Egypt and had the water flowing to Egypt 1st. He was going to run it to Saudi Arabia and Iraq possibly Iran and others Who did USA overthrow and attack 1st. Egypt!!! Then they and NATO bombed that waterway.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: andy06shake

Or just give it to me. I'd throw one hell of a party.

Where's this party being held? In another freaking star system?!

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

Yep, and we will probably need a crapload of all the atomic fireworks we can carry to get.

Considering the Orion method or possibly Light Sails are the only viable methods we have at hand.

Even then it will be a generational affair.

What do you imagine the dress code will be?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join