It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared to lose your livelihood / security because of your political beliefs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: Veryolduser

The title speaks for itself. If we are headed in the direction of civil war (which many believe is inevitable), how do you think it will affect the economy? How will it affect you, your family and friends?

Many people talk big. It’s easy to throw the word of ‘war’ out there. However, have you actually sat back and truly thought about the ramifications for you and everyone you love?

I’ll share how this would affect me. I own a business in tourism. No need to say more, I’d be out of business. My ex works for a video game company. Also pleasure sales, so she’d be out of a job as well (that leaves no one to support my teenage kids). My sister is in housing. If no ones has money for rent, she’s screwed too. My father is in the same business as me — screwed. My mother’s husband repairs sidewalks. Well who would have the money for that? Just about everyone I know, would be screwed. The only exception would be one of my close friends. He is a doctor — biz would boom for him... is that a good thing though???

I’ll be totally honest. I am not partisan. Never have been and never will be. Why you may ask? Because ALL politicians are corrupt. In order to be a politician, you must have some level of narcissism.

To sum it up, I’m not prepared to lose my entire livelihood / security because of some squabbling narcissists that are running the show. Let’s be honest with ourselves, the swamp will NEVER be drained. Why? Because it’s not a swamp, it’s a massive very deep ocean. Even if they did happen to drain it, there would just be and endless line of narcissists to take their place.

Let’s also keep in mind, this possible war is not over freeing slaves (this seems like a good cause). Which ironically, was not what the first civil war was about; but the history books do a good job of making us believe so. It is well documented that Lincoln was racist, and never believed blacks should have the same rights as whites.

Are you prepared to lose most everything you and your loved ones have built up — over your political affiliation?

Your going to have to pick a side or get the F out of the way.

Get the F out of the way sounds pretty good. I hear the Mediterranean is very nice this time of year.

Don’t you get it — they want you divided.

I agree. But just out of curiosity who is "they" to you?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: KKLOCO

Majority of Americans are soft and cowardly.

I wonder, even with all the firearms in circulation, could hold off an invasion.

....let alone hot civil conflict.

Those of us in the flyover states of America would have little troubles holding off an invasion or cutting of power and supplies to the metro city’s in the event of a hot conflict.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The title speaks for itself. If we are headed in the direction of civil war (which many believe is inevitable), how do you think it will affect the economy? How will it affect you, your family and friends?

Many people talk big. It’s easy to throw the word of ‘war’ out there. However, have you actually sat back and truly thought about the ramifications for you and everyone you love?

I’ll share how this would affect me. I own a business in tourism. No need to say more, I’d be out of business. My ex works for a video game company. Also pleasure sales, so she’d be out of a job as well (that leaves no one to support my teenage kids). My sister is in housing. If no ones has money for rent, she’s screwed too. My father is in the same business as me — screwed. My mother’s husband repairs sidewalks. Well who would have the money for that? Just about everyone I know, would be screwed. The only exception would be one of my close friends. He is a doctor — biz would boom for him... is that a good thing though???

I’ll be totally honest. I am not partisan. Never have been and never will be. Why you may ask? Because ALL politicians are corrupt. In order to be a politician, you must have some level of narcissism.

To sum it up, I’m not prepared to lose my entire livelihood / security because of some squabbling narcissists that are running the show. Let’s be honest with ourselves, the swamp will NEVER be drained. Why? Because it’s not a swamp, it’s a massive very deep ocean. Even if they did happen to drain it, there would just be and endless line of narcissists to take their place.

Let’s also keep in mind, this possible war is not over freeing slaves (this seems like a good cause). Which ironically, was not what the first civil war was about; but the history books do a good job of making us believe so. It is well documented that Lincoln was racist, and never believed blacks should have the same rights as whites.

Are you prepared to lose most everything you and your loved ones have built up — over your political affiliation?

Get the F out of the way sounds pretty good. I hear the Mediterranean is very nice this time of year.

Yes clearly your not divided using words like millennials with their smart phones.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic

I agree. But just out of curiosity who is "they" to you?

The people holding the strings. It’s a massive LARP.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yes clearly your not divided using words like millennials with their smart phones.

I wasn’t trying to be. So I apologize.

My point was, having grown up with smartphones, millennials are much more reliant on them, than older generations.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We are not headed for civil war.
That is ridiculous.
No one is going to take up arms for donald trump.
Sorry.

Are you prepared to take up arms against other americans over him?
And if so please tell us why.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

I have seen way too many millennials paying more attention
to their phones then their surroundings! I am a baby boomer
and my grandchildren are millennials.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
That is ridiculous.
Sorry.

Ummmm, where you been Silly?

Oh yeah, participating in the very threads where people in large numbers are saying ‘I am willing to take up arms for Trump’. 🤪

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Let’s be honest with ourselves, the swamp will NEVER be drained. Why?

Because it’s not a swamp, it’s a massive very deep ocean. Even if they did happen to drain it, there would just be and endless line of narcissists to take their place.

"argue for Your limitations and they SHALL be yours" ... if you say you can't you can't and if you 'already know;' then nobody can teach you

I am not an American but I have been watching with fascination from the Don's First EO --- that was both a surprise and a moment of joy, for those who realized what he had just done

The whole Nxium arrests etc are based on that EO, as were Epatein and Weinsteins and many others! It's just the start

But kill enough of the swamp plant and there's a good chance they'll die from being attacked by swamp gas yeah!

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's almost as if a foreign enemy power has propagandized Americans into killing each other..

Lets hope not.
But I'm with Bluntone22. Armchair warriors won't leave their phones or remotes.
Plus winter is coming and who wants to be outside.

Seriously though... this is not something that America is going to go to war over. Trumps ego makes him believe this plus that there will be total economic destruction if he is impeached. I do not know where he would even get that idea. Preposterous.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
That is ridiculous.
Sorry.

Although I don't believe there will be a civil war,, mostly because trumps not going to be thrown out of office, I can't say I agree with your violence opinion.

I can view videos of people throwing cement on other Americans and violently attacking them for their political views.
Watch the video of the guy in a vape store melting down because a trump supporter just entered the store. You can't tell me that guy was not close to violence.

Tensions are high, violence may follow.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Its all ego.
He's so full of himself he could be twins.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Keep in mind, this new civil war is about who likes or dislikes Trump.

Which is why there would never be one..... He has never been that important.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Civil War??
LOL
More like homegrown terror cells getting stomped out by the National Guard while everyone else continues to shop on Amazon and goes to see Joker with their friends.

edit on 30-9-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If pushed hard enough a lot will grow more empathy towards Antifa/Proudboys...

Now would be a good time to invest in bikelocks and facial masks.

Full out civil war.....nahhhh

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The only way there will be a Civil War is if someone makes a FPS game called 'Civil War' and everyone in America that wants to fight logs on and starts blasting and collecting cash prizes.

Otherwise, ahh heelll noooo

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I have not seen any thread like that.
This is the first time I am seeing the question raised.

They are too busy calling me names to start a war.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What if we end up losing our livelihood because of someone else's political beliefs?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Keep in mind, this new civil war is about who likes or dislikes Trump. Is this a good reason to kill your neighbor?

Trump is irrelevant. Find the democratic debates on youtube, listen to what they say. How many rights are you ready to forfeit?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You can always find an asshole if you look for one. YouTube is full of retarded videos.

Broadscale do you see that? No.
That is not what normal people are like.

IF some idiot takes up arms over trump being removed from office he or she will be handled by the local police.
Not a militia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join