It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared to lose your livelihood / security because of your political beliefs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The title speaks for itself. If we are headed in the direction of civil war (which many believe is inevitable), how do you think it will affect the economy? How will it affect you, your family and friends?

Many people talk big. It’s easy to throw the word of ‘war’ out there. However, have you actually sat back and truly thought about the ramifications for you and everyone you love?

I’ll share how this would affect me. I own a business in tourism. No need to say more, I’d be out of business. My ex works for a video game company. Also pleasure sales, so she’d be out of a job as well (that leaves no one to support my teenage kids). My sister is in housing. If no ones has money for rent, she’s screwed too. My father is in the same business as me — screwed. My mother’s husband repairs sidewalks. Well who would have the money for that? Just about everyone I know, would be screwed. The only exception would be one of my close friends. He is a doctor — biz would boom for him... is that a good thing though???

I’ll be totally honest. I am not partisan. Never have been and never will be. Why you may ask? Because ALL politicians are corrupt. In order to be a politician, you must have some level of narcissism.

To sum it up, I’m not prepared to lose my entire livelihood / security because of some squabbling narcissists that are running the show. Let’s be honest with ourselves, the swamp will NEVER be drained. Why? Because it’s not a swamp, it’s a massive very deep ocean. Even if they did happen to drain it, there would just be and endless line of narcissists to take their place.

Let’s also keep in mind, this possible war is not over freeing slaves (this seems like a good cause). Which ironically, was not what the first civil war was about; but the history books do a good job of making us believe so. It is well documented that Lincoln was racist, and never believed blacks should have the same rights as whites.

Are you prepared to lose most everything you and your loved ones have built up — over your political affiliation?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
No. Worked to hard and long to earn my retirement.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Good question.

Gets stickier when one's decision impacts family members, especially those dependent on the person making the decision.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I doubt there ever will be a hot one again. If there was, it wouldn’t last very long.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

There is not going to be a civil war.
Most people can't be bothered to put down their phone or remote control long enough to do anything.
Arm chair protesters..

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's almost as if a foreign enemy power has propagandized Americans into killing each other..

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The bane of social media..

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
lol

wont be a civil war

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
I doubt there ever will be a hot one again. If there was, it wouldn’t last very long.

Part of me says this is true. How do you think millennials would fare without their smartphones?

On the other hand, there is so much hatred and divisiveness running the planet, maybe it would spiral into something huge.

However, In either scenario, myself and the people I love would be screwed. It’s just a matter of how long we would be screwed for...

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Bingo.

Apparently many are falling for it.

That said, Trump's tweet about civil war if he is impeached is inexcusable.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It'll never be drained because of paddies like you who aren't willing to sacrifice anything for liberty. If you'd stand up for liberty and enough others would, it would never have gotten to this point and would never get to the point that war is the only option.

I'm still hopeful it won't get to that point.

Jaden

link   

Majority of Americans are soft and cowardly.

I wonder, even with all the firearms in circulation, could hold off an invasion.

....let alone hot civil conflict.

link   
Exactly...who were the combatants in the civil war? Werent civvies for the most part.

reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

There is not going to be a civil war.
Most people can't be bothered to put down their phone or remote control long enough to do anything.
Arm chair protesters..

I hope you’re right.

On the other hand, do we the people have control over this?

Seems the militaries industrial complex would benefit greatly. Who’s running that show???

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's almost as if a foreign enemy power has propagandized Americans into killing each other..

Maybe, possibly. Fact is the foot and leg work has been done by American no matter any other force

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Majority of Americans are soft and cowardly.

I wonder, even with all the firearms in circulation, could hold off an invasion.

....let alone hot civil conflict.

If China invaded the WestCoast, I believe the people of California would greet them with flowers, waving PRC flags, a' la the French welcoming the Nazis in 1940.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

It'll never be drained because of paddies like you who aren't willing to sacrifice anything for liberty. If you'd stand up for liberty and enough others would, it would never have gotten to this point and would never get to the point that war is the only option.

I'm still hopeful it won't get to that point.

Jaden

Thanks for calling me a paddie.

How’s that working out for you, standing up for your liberties?

Keep in mind, this new civil war is about who likes or dislikes Trump. Is this a good reason to kill your neighbor?

BTW, I starred your post anyways. Cooperation is the key to life, not divisiveness.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If I could help turn the political situation around to where there was honest men and women I would give up my livelihood. And quite honestly, my life.

The DNC needs to be completely destroyed and reformed. 100 percent. I have zero doubts about that.

The RNC needs to be reconstructed in many ways. I have zero doubts about that.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Politically speaking, things are quite tumultuous. I honestly don't understand it though. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and chill.

I know that sounds like hippy talk, but come the f*** on and just be accepting of people's beliefs, so long as they don't try to push them onto you.

Guns n roses does a better job than I ever could:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I am a conservative Christian who believes we are living in the end times.
We are already at war with evil and our weapons are not conventional types.
Wickedness is in high places and we are fighting for our very lives.A war will
probably cost me my social security and only means of income.I would rather
be dirt poor with the Lord and freedoms I have now,then,riches and no freedoms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join