It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The magic spider

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Last night I read my boy who is now 4 a bedtime story, it was Spiderman the origin story.
Peter Parker gets bit by a spider and becomes Spiderman, with the advice of Spiderman's
dead uncle he decides to use his powers to fight crime.
" With great power comes great responsibility "

The next morning I was awoke at 9:39 by something tickling me, a big house spider....
I'm 39 and have never been woke by a spider. And that was the first time I had read my boy
that book.

For every effect there is a cause, and a coincidence
Is an effect where we cannot see the cause.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I usually love synchronicity... but this time I don't know...

Yesterday morning I went out to go to the market and found spider webs reaching from the ground to the undercarriage of my Jeep -- all the way around the vehicle. Taking a closer look, the web spread from one rear tire to another and then to the front driver's wheel. It was crazy and creepy.

And it's black widows. Haven't seen the spiders yet -- at least not this time. But it happened (on a much smaller scale) a few weeks ago, and I did find the widow then and she was huge. And these webs are strong as can be. So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's widows. As sure as I can be without seeing the spiders.

I sprayed the undercarriage of the vehicle as well as I could. Cleaned away as much of the webbing as I could. And I'll go check it out in a little while and see what if anything has come back.

I'm thinking there's no way to completely eradicate them. I sprayed as well as I could, but too many hiding spaces. Maybe a fogger placed under the vehicle? I really don't know what to do. I'm open to ideas...

This probably wasn't what you had in mind when you posted. But the coincidence sure stood out to me!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Wow, I like spiders but there are no spiders in Scotland that can harm you, if there were black widows kicking about I don't think I would be as fond of them, instead of sending them on a magical flume ride to the big water I would be squishing them on sight.

Good luck with the BWs, I got the fear just thinking about your situation.

edit on 28-9-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

Edit# I wouldn't drive that car until I knew it wasn't hid somewhere in it.
edit on 28-9-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The law of attraction in action.

LOL did you also get super powers?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Haha, I wish... Spider senses and super strength would be great as I have a big garden I need to get in order over the next week.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

LOL! That's probably very good advice that I should have told myself! But I didn't, and I probably looked quite the sight putting my groceries into the car. I was afraid to go to the back, so loaded them up on the front passenger seat. Then I checked each bag before bringing it in the house. Thank goodness I have long arms and legs, eh?

I've been bitten by a black widow before so I'm not too freaked out at the possibility. It hurts like hell and my foot swelled to twice its size, but what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger, right?

I'm just worried now that I can never get them all out. Maybe I'll have to finally trade it in for a new car. I just love my Jeep and want it to last forever.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
OMG!!!!
I would have died from a hart attack
or burn't the house down!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Wash your car with vinegar it kills spiders and repels them at the same time. Another effective methd to get them to leave is moth balls but that can irritate you as well. so if you go that route dont drive fr a couple of days then remove them.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thank you! I didn't know that about mothballs. Or vinegar. I'll give that a try. I can use a feeder attachment to get the vinegar up into the undercarriage. Even if it just repels them. I don't need to kill them if I can just get them to go away...

Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I truly believe that the spider is my spirit animal guide.

And I really do not like spiders. I am squeamish.

Look into animal totems for more research, it's pretty fascinating reading if anything.

edit on 28-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Read Graham Hancocks book ‘Supernatural’. It’s one of my favorite books.

It goes into great detail about animal archetypes.

When I read the book 3 years ago, I had all sorts of bizarre coincidences transpire. Scorpions, black widows, preying mantises and tarantulas. Ahhhh, Arizona...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
Ha I was just checking spiritual meanings if spiders and I liked the one that says they relate to extra sensory perception and creativity, going to check some animal totems of them now, cheers.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thanks I will check that book out I like Graham Hancock and can relate to the things he talks about, especially how he was under the spell of the lady MJ for most of his life till he tried the spirit molecule, reading some Dion Fortune just now and it is vibing with me big time.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Animals usually get emphasis for lack of a better word, due to the how they get characterized by people for good or bad. Like strong as a horse, or gluttonous like a bear, to sneaky like a weasel, a rat, a fat cat an my favorite, snakes.

Or as courageous yet...surprisingly lazy like the king of the jungle.

I'm under the impression that most sysnchrozities are just some type of sub or unconcious back feed of sort to the conscious/ego. Dont know what it means since it all a pov at that point.
edit on 28-9-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
My mother is from Scotland and we we’re told that it’s bad luck to kill spiders, not sure if it’s true

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

All magical paradigms partake of some form of action at a distance, be it distance in space or time or both... In magic this is called synchronicity. A mental event, perception, or an act of will occurs at the same time (synchronously) as an event in the material world... Of course, this can always be excused as coincidence, but most magicians would be quite content with being able to arrange coincidences.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

It's true if you believe it to be true, self fulfilling prophecy/nocebo is the psychological name for voodoo.
Black cats and the number 13 are lucky for me. It really is true that you make your own luck

I don't kill spiders because I think they are unique and special, i don't trust fly's though.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

For sure it was learning about synchronicity and seeing it at work that made me read Jung, go to uni to study psychology then find a great interest in various occult disciplines.

Now I can look back and see the cause for a lot that has happened to me through my life.

I have had some knocks but in my head I believe everything is to teach me and make me stronger.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

I have had crazy synchronicities happen to me...
Having a drink with my younger bro, all day session.
Seen a guy in a pub who had broke my Bros jaw in a fight he had to get metal plates.
My bro pointed him out he seen us and left.
I was raging all day thinking about it and how we should have got him back.

That night ( I was wrecked) got into an argument in another pub with 3 guys (unrelated to other guy earlier)
Walked outside, woke up in hospital with exact same injury as my brother. Metal plates the lot

This is how chaos magic works in a nutshell, emotional charged desire can bite u on the bum.

Now I'm careful with emotions, especially anger.

edit on 29-9-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yea, synchronicity can definitely hurt, an then some. I'll say that much.
edit on 29-9-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join