It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems ever since 2016 this forum has gotten more and more right wing!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: pexx421
Come now. You trumpeters and Republicans really think the party and president care about you, or about conservative values, like responsibility or fiscal conservatism? Idiots. And soepic? You think Obama helped the black community? We have the Republicans riding the largest expansion of govt and personal debt in history. They also all supported the bailout. And the patriot act. All things inimical to their platform. We have democrats all supporting almost every war around the globe. And torture. And corporate power, personhood and protection from labor organizations. All inimical to their position.

If either group thinks any of their representatives actually represent them, they’re delusional. If either group thinks either party cares about them or indeed about anything other than getting more money or power, they’re deluded fools. If either group thinks either party is at all honest, including media and statistics about the economy, they’re deluded fools.

We are all insignificant peons who do our part to support the money and war machine while not being allowed to effect it in any way. Had an argument with a leftist about gun rights today? You’re playing the part they scripted for you. Had an argument with a right winger about gay rights today? You’re playing the part they scripted for you. And long as this continues you’ll, we’ll all still be powerless peons dancing to their tune. Good job all. We’re well on the way to being as useless to helping the world and the future as the baby boomers were.

While you're somewhat correct, I believe Trump truly cares about America as a sovereign Nation...I realize that means nothing to liberals/progressives/communists...You guys don't seem to care who controls the U.S. as long as whoever it is takes care of YOU...

See, except I don’t really care how the president treats me. I take care of myself and mine. I voted for Ron Paul, because although I figured he’d be horrible for the us economy, I figured he would be the best for the world. I don’t really even care at this point what the mans belief system is, conservative or progressive, I’d just enjoy seeing a man with any real integrity in office. I’d vote for an honest republican, and have.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Basically the vocal left has moved itself way over to the left so naturally when they look right, they see more people than before

Example

Right: freedom of speech
Left: we need to ‘limit’ (ban) speech. The left politicians to separate themselves from each other have to move further left and want more things banned...

The left has to out WOKE each other. I mean now Dave Rubin is far right wing.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The left hasn’t moved. Your perception of the left has moved. Please illustrate how the left is banning speech or moving farther left if you will.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CmdrShep2154

I noticed it too. But perhaps this reflects the underlying mood of the country.

I have relatives in LA that I just vacationed with this past week. They said they, their relatives in Los Angeles and their friends have all become Republicans and hold conservative views. They said all their neighbors also. I was shocked. She said they are simply afraid of speaking up except to those who have become like minded out of fear of what the progressive liberals will do to them. (i.e. Dox, socially destroy their reputations, attempt to get them fired from jobs, actually commit violence either personal or property against them)

I also have relatives in Seattle, and heard the same thing.

I also have relatives in Oregon, and heard the same thing at our week long family reunion.

It seems they are all terrified of the extreme policies the progressive liberals and Democrats are proposing. All spoke of the horrors of living under a completely Democratic regime.

My LA relatives spoke of the extreme homeless problem, yes even in their expensive neighborhoods, back yard, and rats rats everywhere - then such intrusive bureaucracy that they can't do any projects in their homes without getting permits. Even the Judge down the street ignores getting permits for projects INSIDE his home and hires unlicensed workers, like my retired relative who is really good at doing projects like that.

They are angry the illegal aliens get free housing while citizens camp on the stream in their back yard. They are angry but unable to speak up and let their views be known.

So where can they turn? There are very very few moderated sites that don't censor conservatives by nit-picking and calling conservative views that don't use foul language nor name call - violating the sites rules.

They have found a home where they can speak up without using foul language or receiving foul language, without name calling or being called names - where they aren't censored for simply writing something that is conservative. This is the ONLY place I have found over the past 7 years that doesn't censor conservative views. We need somewhere that is a "safe space" for conservatives to speak up.

Progressive liberals are free to come on the site and challenge but maybe there are less and less of them - or maybe they can't stand not having the conservatives censored at their whim.

edit on 9/9/19 by The2Billies because: spelling addition

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

I have relatives in LA that I just vacationed with this past week. They said they, their relatives in Los Angeles and their friends have all become Republicans and hold conservative views. They said all their neighbors also. I was shocked. She said they are simply afraid of speaking up except to those who have become like minded out of fear of what the progressive liberals will do to them. (i.e. Dox, socially destroy their reputations, attempt to get them fired from jobs, actually commit violence either personal or property against them)

I also have relatives in Oregon, and heard the same thing at our week long family reunion.

It seems they are all terrified of the extreme policies the progressive liberals and Democrats are proposing. All spoke of the horrors of living under a completely Democratic regime.

My LA relatives spoke of the extreme homeless problem, yes even in their expensive neighborhoods, back yard, and rats rats everywhere - then such intrusive bureaucracy that they can't do any projects in their homes without getting permits. Even the Judge down the street ignores getting permits for projects INSIDE his home and hires unlicensed workers, like my retired relative who is really good at doing projects like that.

They are angry the illegal aliens get free housing while citizens camp on the stream in their back yard. They are angry but unable to speak up and let their views be known.

So where can they turn? There are very very few moderated sites that don't censor conservatives by nit-picking and calling conservative views that don't use foul language nor name call - violating the sites rules.

They have found a home where they can speak up without using foul language or receiving foul language, without name calling or being called names - where they aren't censored for simply writing something that is conservative. This is the ONLY place I have found over the past 7 years that doesn't censor conservative views. We need somewhere that is a "safe space" for conservatives to speak up.

Progressive liberals are free to come on the site and challenge but maybe there are less and less of them - or maybe they can't stand not having the conservatives censored at their whim.

America. The safest, most powerful nation in the world, where the people are more fearful than any other nation in the world. That’s called programming.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Falenor

I didn't leave the left....the left left me. I've voted for numerous Canadian Liberal candidates for years, sorry no more. I cannot and will not follow where these deranged far left wackadoos want to take us.

Deserves to be said again.

There are a lot of us. In some cases, we were the canaries in the coal mine many years ago, when the woke cult started really spreading roots. Then things like "gamergate," which even many gamers dont know much about, allowed those roots to really dig deep and set a precedence.

I suppose though, that if we label those who blasphemous towards the cult as "right wing..." Yeah, we are everywhere and probably make up the majority on a board like this.

At least, we can hope thats the case.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Or it could be, as history has shown again and again, that when society is collapsing people all gravitate to populist demagogue fascists who present easy solutions and someone to blame to complex problems.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Or it could be, as history has shown again and again, that when society is collapsing people all gravitate to populist demagogue fascists who present easy solutions and someone to blame to complex problems.

Or more simply, when a political party gets led by a group of wack-a-doodles, they lose the sane followers and what remains are the wack-a-wanna-bees and people so desperate to fit in they ignore the batsnip crazy rhetoric?

Eventually it gets distilled down into the severely deranged core as they attack those that are not as sick as they are.

What is left is a small and concentrated mass of crazy-to-the-bone politicians and devotees on one side, and a vast number of relatively sane people on the other.

Simple.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

America. The safest, most powerful nation in the world, where the people are more fearful than any other nation in the world. That’s called programming.

Exactly, and it's easy to scare stupid people because they have delicate sensibilities and only feel safe with their own kind. Made to order for the cult of personality, leadership style. Why do you think there are so many extremely wealthy preachers.

Simple....
edit on 9-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CmdrShep2154
Where are all the hippies and libertarians?

People who were traditionally opposed to the establishment, the deep state, and big, all encompassing government? The real ones are being called "right wing" by folks looking to push an agenda which classifies the extreme left as just being the bread and butter of "liberalism" to obfuscate the fact that the GOP has slowly moved Left enough to be what was considered "liberal" in politics just a few decades ago.

Even the "far right" President of the United States, classified as "far right" by the media and the extreme left, resembles JFK in policies far more than he does Ronald Reagan, but we have to ignore that fact and take the media analysis as the gospel or else the narrative falls apart... and we certainly can't have that. Without the narrative, there's much less reason for division within the country's political discourse.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Um, haven't you made at least one or two posts per month about how you and your woman are geared up and ready to book it out of Dodge as soon as the levee breaks? You gotta love the guy calling out others for being fear fulled while he's jammed under his own bed, surrounded by nightlights.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: olaru12

Um, haven't you made at least one or two posts per month about how you and your woman are geared up and ready to book it out of Dodge as soon as the levee breaks? You gotta love the guy calling out others for being fear fulled while he's jammed under his own bed, surrounded by nightlights.

Call it what you will. I expect nothing but insults from you and a few other mods however I'd rather be in bed with my lady with plenty of nightlights and not the light from raging uncontrolled fires of anarchy when and if the SHTF. Self preservation is like that.

edit on 9-9-2019 by olaru12 because: brenda ??

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'd rather be in bed with my lady with plenty of nightlights and not the light from ragging uncontrolled fires of anarchy.

OMG! The melodramatic hyperbole is utterly hilarious at this point! Thanks for the laugh, your response did not disappoint.

Ah, see... before you edited to add more to your comment, it was funnier. Now it just sounds like cookie cutter paranoia, which isn't as humorous.
#Sadface #lostmysmile
edit on 9-9-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'd rather be in bed with my lady with plenty of nightlights and not the light from ragging uncontrolled fires of anarchy.

Ah, see... before you edited to add more to your comment, it was funnier. Now it just sounds like cookie cutter paranoia, which isn't as humorous.
#Sadface #lostmysmile

At least he kept in the part about those "ragging" fires.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Nothing worse than the fires of menstruation, my friend.

Also left was the redundancy. "ragging uncontrolled fires of anarchy..." By definition, once anarchy has taken over a fire, it is "uncontrolled."

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Don’t get me wrong, the Democratic Party is bs and not leftist or progressive by any means. It should say something that the vast majority of internationally recognized intellectuals are leftists, and that their story hasn’t “shifted” or “changed” in their years of writing, reporting, etc. That’s the “left”. Chomsky, hedges, Seymour hersch, Matt taibi, etc. And it should also say something that most of them are banned or blacklisted from the us media.

But let me show you how deep down the hole most of you are. Most of you spend plenty time criticizing our govt. painting it as inefficient, ineffective, corrupt, and can do no right. And you’re right, to a large degree. Also, many of you have spent time in the military, as I have. And strangely, when it comes to the military, all of a sudden you all become great unquestioning patriots and war crimes apologists. As if the military and the govt were not the same body. It’s truly an incredible contradiction. And you don’t even question it, it’s taken for granted. This compartmentalizations is obviously the product of intense manipulation and social narrative, and yet you think you are the ones thinking clearly. Hm.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

And strangely, when it comes to the military, all of a sudden you all become great unquestioning patriots and war crimes apologists. As if the military and the govt were not the same body.

You're viewing things wrong, at least from my point of view. You're correct in saying the military and the government are the same body... but, with that said and while recognizing that it is historically impossible for the US government to sit quietly, neither fidgeting nor futzing with everything they lay their eyes on, doesn't it make a lot more sense for the average US citizen to celebrate that government occupying their nervous energy outside of this country rather than bottling it all up within America's borders where We the People are by default going to be the primary recipients of the fidgeting and futzing?

War crimes? Psshhh! The US military has committed no war crimes against me, man. Some may say my position is a window into an immoral soul, I call it realistic and working with what I know damn good and well is the way it is, but I could honestly not care less what they're doing outside America's borders, so long as it occupies the majority of DC's time, energy, and attention, we good.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

And strangely, when it comes to the military, all of a sudden you all become great unquestioning patriots and war crimes apologists. As if the military and the govt were not the same body.

You're viewing things wrong, at least from my point of view. You're correct in saying the military and the government are the same body... but, with that said and while recognizing that it is historically impossible for the US government to sit quietly, neither fidgeting nor futzing with everything they lay their eyes on, doesn't it make a lot more sense for the average US citizen to celebrate that government occupying their nervous energy outside of this country rather than bottling it all up within America's borders where We the People are by default going to be the primary recipients of the fidgeting and futzing?

War crimes? Psshhh! The US military has committed no war crimes against me, man. Some may say my position is a window into an immoral soul, I call it realistic and working with what I know damn good and well is the way it is, but I could honestly not care less what they're doing outside America's borders, so long as it occupies the majority of DC's time, energy, and attention, we good.

Hahaha! That’s a well thought out and fairly reasonable point of view!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Programming or the reality of the world we live in.

To let anyone know you are a conservative without knowing or suspecting they are too is to risk much in the USA.

We risk doxing (which is really cyber bullying), we risk loss of jobs if someone complains at the workplace, we risk loss of business or the ability to do business (just as bakeries and flower shops have experienced), we risk violence to the point where it is recommended that no white person should ever wear even a plain red hat - or risk personal violence.

Well, maybe it is programming, the progressive liberal left has programmed conservatives to fear speaking up, to fear answering even a telephone poll, to fear not agreeing with liberals in public settings. As one of my friends in Seattle said recently, you can't let just anyone hear you talk about conservative views or know you are a conservative without risking ANTIFA showing up on your lawn, sent by a liberal. (an exaggeration, sure, but it is indicative of how the left has programmed fear into the conservatives to stay silent, or else!)

That is why we need a "safe space" and I personally have found it here.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The left hasn’t moved. Your perception of the left has moved. Please illustrate how the left is banning speech or moving farther left if you will.

"He" no longer means or describes the male gender of the human specie as is not inclusive enough of other potential undiscovered genders.
Or "She" does not mean or describe the female gender of the human specie. It is not inclusive enough of other potential genders.
edit on 11-9-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join