It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems ever since 2016 this forum has gotten more and more right wing!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: SoEpic
People are seeing what a mess Obama made of American policy, they want change, change that benefits them, not policies that weaken them.
People are waking up.

you do know that republicans controlled the ENTIRE congress for 6 of those 8 years that Obama was in office. trump and republicans can't stand the fact our first black president did so well.... one good thing trump has done for Obama, he made Obama look even better than the petulant child we now have in the white house.....

That could have been Obama's finest moment - he was mixed race- black father and white mother, he however identified as black rather than mixed race, he could have tried to bring people together instead he hated white people. Whilst he did many great things for the black community he forgot about others. 
He forgot about America and instead focussed on a global agenda and trying to leave a legacy - look at the disaster Obama care was. 
I truly wish and had hoped that Obama would have made a real difference but instead I see the worst president in my living memory who just increased the race divide and made Americans poorer

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Well said.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I didn't leave the left....the left left me. I've voted for numerous Canadian Liberal candidates for years, sorry no more. I cannot and will not follow where these deranged far left wackadoos want to take us.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Come now. You trumpeters and Republicans really think the party and president care about you, or about conservative values, like responsibility or fiscal conservatism? Idiots. And soepic? You think Obama helped the black community? We have the Republicans riding the largest expansion of govt and personal debt in history. They also all supported the bailout. And the patriot act. All things inimical to their platform. We have democrats all supporting almost every war around the globe. And torture. And corporate power, personhood and protection from labor organizations. All inimical to their position.

If either group thinks any of their representatives actually represent them, they’re delusional. If either group thinks either party cares about them or indeed about anything other than getting more money or power, they’re deluded fools. If either group thinks either party is at all honest, including media and statistics about the economy, they’re deluded fools.

We are all insignificant peons who do our part to support the money and war machine while not being allowed to effect it in any way. Had an argument with a leftist about gun rights today? You’re playing the part they scripted for you. Had an argument with a right winger about gay rights today? You’re playing the part they scripted for you. And long as this continues you’ll, we’ll all still be powerless peons dancing to their tune. Good job all. We’re well on the way to being as useless to helping the world and the future as the baby boomers were.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Come now. You trumpeters and Republicans really think the party and president care about you, or about conservative values, like responsibility or fiscal conservatism? Idiots. And soepic? You think Obama helped the black community? We have the Republicans riding the largest expansion of govt and personal debt in history. They also all supported the bailout. And the patriot act. All things inimical to their platform. We have democrats all supporting almost every war around the globe. And torture. And corporate power, personhood and protection from labor organizations. All inimical to their position.

If either group thinks any of their representatives actually represent them, they’re delusional. If either group thinks either party cares about them or indeed about anything other than getting more money or power, they’re deluded fools. If either group thinks either party is at all honest, including media and statistics about the economy, they’re deluded fools.

We are all insignificant peons who do our part to support the money and war machine while not being allowed to effect it in any way. Had an argument with a leftist about gun rights today? You’re playing the part they scripted for you. Had an argument with a right winger about gay rights today? You’re playing the part they scripted for you. And long as this continues you’ll, we’ll all still be powerless peons dancing to their tune. Good job all. We’re well on the way to being as useless to helping the world and the future as the baby boomers were.

Speak for your self as a victim. Don't drag others into your pitiful world view.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It’s not about victim hood. It’s just the reality. You Live in the world you do. Denial is useful in adapting to the situation, but not for changing it.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
At any rate I don’t identify as a victim.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

At any rate I don’t identify as a victim.

You previous post proves otherwise. It is dripping with victimhood and despair. Perhaps you should re-read it again?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, I would hope to be one of those two “nods” mentioned, but I doubt that I am. Because I am quite certain of the one and the other I have met in person. But of us three, we are all fairly staunch Constitutionalists versus actual Conservative Republicans. None of us can stand actual Neo-Cons which are Progressive Republicans that should man up and be Democrats. We actually see our respective positions and consider the all politicians and pundits as left of us in varying degrees with Reagan being a bed wetting tree hugger. In the fantasy civil war that both sides seem to want, we would probably survive by ignoring all sides to death and going about our own business.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's interesting to watch...yet, indicative of what the Left must be going through.
More and more...on here and in MSM punditry...Leftists are taking on a new debate tactic...and it goes something like this:

"Hey, take it from me...I'm enlightened...and I've come to the conclusion that the Right is JUST AS BAD as the Left.
Trump doesn't care about you...just like (and you Righties know this is true) Hillary didn't care about her supporters.
See...Trump and Hillary are the same.

So it's perfectly okay for you to hate Trump...just like we hate Hillary...because that'll make you enlightened too.
So trust me, Righties...because I'm not REALLY a Leftist...I'm ABOVE politics.

Did I mention I'm enlightened?"

This new 'fall back' tactic is actually as understandable as it is transparent.

Leftists that ran away from ATS, as well as those still here after enduring crippling embarrassment at the hands of those they'd so enthusiastically previously supported...(Hillary, Mueller, Avenatti, CNN, MSNBC et al. )...now justify their own failure and disenchantment by saying: "Stop the division...Join me in saying they're ALL the same...Hate Trump as I now hate my own fallen idols."

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It's interesting to watch...yet, indicative of what the Left must be going through.
More and more...on here and in MSM punditry...Leftists are taking on a new debate tactic...and it goes something like this:

"Hey, take it from me...I'm enlightened...and I've come to the conclusion that the Right is JUST AS BAD as the Left.
Trump doesn't care about you...just like (and you Righties know this is true) Hillary didn't care about her supporters.

So it's perfectly okay for you to hate Trump...just like we hate Hillary...because that'll make you enlightened too.

Leftists that ran away from ATS, as well as those still here after enduring crippling embarrassment at the hands of those they'd so enthusiastically previously supported...(Hillary, Mueller, Avenatti, CNN, MSNBC et al. )...now justify their own failure and disenchantment by saying: "Stop the division...Join me in saying they're ALL the same...Hate Trump as I now hate my own fallen idols."

Distilled down, all it means is "misery loves company".

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Yes...but, in addition to being a mildly-effective butt-hurt salve...it still provides an opportunistic path to continue trying to pry support away from the central subject of their own Derangement Syndrome.
edit on 8-9-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Yes...but, in addition to being an mildly-effective butt-hurt salve...it still provides an opportunistic path to continue trying to pry support away from the central subject of their own Derangement Syndrome.

That is the "loves company" aspect of that saying. Trying to convince others to join them in their misery.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Or they say that there is "too much politics" on ATS and why can't we go back to a time when people didn't question government so much.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Or they say that there is "too much politics" on ATS and why can't we go back to a time when people didn't question government so much.

Make ATS Great Again (MATSGA)!!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Pfffttt...you still have to pay taxes. It would be communism if we didn't, only difference communism doesn't like receipts.
edit on 8-9-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
ATS has always been slightly right or left of center. As Democrats continue to become more progressive and extreme in their beliefs and policies it makes everyone else appear more conservative. Just look at the people saying Joe (friendship bracelet) Biden is to conservative.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CmdrShep2154
I am a libertarian and non conformist and I welcome all beliefs but I couldn’t help but notice that right wing ideology has become more prevalent on here in the recent years.

As a matter of fact I was a long time lurker on here since 2010.

It seems like ATS was way more chill in the earlier parts of this decade.

Where are all the hippies and libertarians?

Been my observation that the liberals can't defend their positions or the positions of the Democrat Party...Only options are look stoopid, stay quiet or leave...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

While you're somewhat correct, I believe Trump truly cares about America as a sovereign Nation...I realize that means nothing to liberals/progressives/communists...You guys don't seem to care who controls the U.S. as long as whoever it is takes care of YOU...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic
I agree with you. He could have done so much to improve race relations; why did he identify as a black man instead of a white man (or at least mixed race giving a shout out to his mother). It seems his legacy WILL be 'the worst President in American history'; tragic. At least the peanut king physisist is off the hook at number 2.

edit on 8-9-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join