It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems ever since 2016 this forum has gotten more and more right wing!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
As a fairly long term member...the biggest exodus' of Leftists from ATS happened in two phases.

Exodus #1-- Hillary LOST after being guaranteed, by the MSM, a 90% chance of winning.

Exodus #2-- Mueller's YUGE failure to get Trump...after being told multiple times...daily...by the MSM...that Trump was about to be arrested for treason.

The Left lost faith and trust in their longtime propaganda outlets...Lucy pulled the football away from them one too many times.

Essentially, as a result of unflinching trust in FAKE NEWS for so long...the Left lost their access to any reliable ammunition...and those that stayed on ATS, instead of slinking away, are now only bringing knives to gunfights.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

To the OP, it only seems "rightwing" because its NORMAL.

Leftist emotionally reach for everything and in doing so, make the environment extremely uncomfortable. You can't debate that.

At rhe very least, those right leaners are pretty chill.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: IAMTAT
As a fairly long term member...the biggest exodus' of Leftists from ATS happened in two phases.

Exodus #1-- Hillary LOST after being guaranteed, by the MSM, a 90% chance of winning.

Exodus #2-- Mueller's YUGE failure to get Trump...after being told multiple times...daily...by the MSM...that Trump was about to be arrested for treason.

The Left lost faith and trust in their longtime propaganda outlets...Lucy pulled the football away from them one too many times.

Essentially, as a result of unflinching trust in FAKE NEWS for so long...the Left lost their access to any reliable ammunition...and those that stayed on ATS, instead of slinking away, are now only bringing knives to gunfights.

At rhe very least, those right leaners are pretty chill.

As a right leaner...I apologize in advance to any Lefties for bragging about banging their moms.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

But couldn't you say the same about the left and even the media and leftwing politicians who have associated Racism, Nazi-ism, with supporting Trump?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CmdrShep2154

Left right left right...……….its like being in the army again. And so the pendulum swings. Peoples perspectives can change in a instance. What I see is people waking up and seeing how corrupt and how above the law our government thinks it is. They are basically throwing it in our faces and laughing like the school yard bully.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Democrats want to sift through all the illegals caught and keep the good ones..

Republican rebuttal: they want totally open boarders and rapists and murderers!!

Lol

LOL, you haven't a clue what's gong on around you. Get an education, spend some time learning, and a bit less time lying.

decriminalizing border crossing is open borders. Do you know how many current contenders for the democratic nomination of 2020 want that? Of course you don't, because you live in a fantasy.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

At full time, you say good game, you don't brag about banging your opponents mom after you won the game, that's how some Trump fanatics operate.

Sitting on the fence is fun.

I thought your mom was a very nice lady.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: scolai

originally posted by: CmdrShep2154
I am a libertarian and non conformist

That sounds like exactly what a conformist would say. A lot of old libertarians switched to the right because of Trump. It was nice to have some of Obama’s authoritarian policies reversed (e.g. Obamacare and globe lightbulbs).

I think i am still in the middle and I voted DJT. Not right leaning in my case, I do want some gov if limited and fiscally sound with proper conservative values fiscally.

I am for broad social liberty's which one definition for me means you can do what you like within reason. True Right wingers are for no governments at all. That brings a wild West style of life where only might makes right. We have to balance that.

Liberal should mean anyone can do anything including call me ugly names should they desire in public. But, no one can physically harm me or I get to defend myself as if my life depended upon it. As it will in many cases for random people on a day to day basis.

edit on 8-9-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It’s a conspiracy site and people who are wary of the government, see things alternately to msm propaganda, believe there are hidden agendas and generally live in an alternative sub culture come here to learn, report or voice their concern

Pretty obvious to me

So true and it makes me think the left do this obfuscation on purpose to continue kicking this concept down the road. The one where people noticing the lies and seeking to get some relief are the problem. We can only sit back so long on that situation before we speak up. Time is over for silence from good people.

edit on 8-9-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I lean left and vote Democratic most of the time.

It's hard to debate policy with Republicans.

When Obama golfed, they didn't like it. Trump golfs, no problem.

When Obama golfed the left defended it, but attacked Trump for doing the same thing.

When Obama spent money, they cried about debt and deficits. Trump is runnin up more than a TRILLION deficit this year. Not a word.

When Obama spent money, the left defended it but attacked Trump for doing the same thing.

Obama misspeaks about 57 states, it's the end of the world. Trump misspeaks all the time. No biggie.

When Obama misspoke, the left defended it but attacked Trump for doing the same thing.

And that's what we call a perfect reply.. Nothing to add

Looking forward to MiddleInsite response, because I constantly state how hypocritical the left is, but they never seem to see it... its just, orange man bad. the right is deplorable. MAGA is racist... blah blah blah
edit on 8-9-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It’s because Americans are befuddled and confused. There’s actually no left wing and no right wing, in Fact most Americans really have no clue what those are anymore, and policy resembles neither. We live in a pure corporate kleptocracy where the media and govt only exist to create and protect the wealth of the powerful. People on both sides who claim to be left or right are really just distracted by the bs argument of the day, no legislation is passed, or even conceived, for making people’s lives better. Republicans and democrats fail to join any real protest or make any real sacrifice for anything they believe in other than themselves.

There’s no real anti war or anti anything movements on the left, where they traditionally came from. And on the right the closest you have to any real protest or movements is the kkk. Public participation in govt or sovereignty has been reduced to people voting once a year, and this has given carte Blanche to the gov and Corp to loot, defraud, and murder Americans and foreigners all they want while the people just sit at home complaining about it while one side blames it on foreigners, gays and poor folks and the other side blames it on rednecks and hate groups.

And each side will swear up and down that their new guy is the second coming, and the other sides guy is hitler and the devil. Meanwhile they’re all limp, lame duck peons and non participants in a machine that grinds on with definite plans for the children and grandchildren of the non participating, impotent masses and we just watch the futures of our offspring fade away, imagining all the while we are John Wayne or mama bear, when in reality we are all the passive house slaves, ready to throw our brothers or children under the bus for some nice lies and a little scrap from the table.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You'll get nowhere in asking/debating this.

ATS is a microcosm and tips left to right and back again based on the prevailing US President and the amnesiac state of hypocrisy that is US politics.

The left will tell you their man is jesus and the other guy is the devil.

The right will tell you their man is jesus and the other guy is the devil.

Both sides will develop BS arguments and idiocy to accompany their claim.

The only thing that has changed in recent times is that the idiocy has got worse on both sides.

Sadly, this infection of stupidity seems to be infecting the rest of the globe as well.

No one actually wants to discuss anything anymore. Instead they are content to bleat like sheep in the back of the truck on the way to the slaughterhouse, panicking about what their chosen media outlet tells them to panic about without actually looking at the real world.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I see heaps of Liberty on this site, doing much better than other places amongst the internet. What do you mean by non conformist? Since you are here you have not been locked up or killed so you must be conforming in some way. Sure there is lots of ridiculous stuff going on in the government and political spheres. Protesting, questioning and doing our own thing within limits is conforming to our social structure.

As for the left right stuff. Trump is the chosen one.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Not really, the only people who care about race or identity politics is the far left. The rest of the country is waiting for you to grow up and get over yourself.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The reason you think more people are right wing is because people on the left are forcing 'others' to see the truth and seek the truth about certain things. The left have become similar to 'nazi's' in respect of wanting everyone to conform to their ideals and ways of life, especially a certain group of people that I won't mention but I'm sure you can guess.

Most are not 'right wing' in the sense that you think, just concerned and want the freedom to think for themselves, not have some government or group of people telling us how we should be or what we can say.

If we want to disagree with what someone on the left has said or is doing, then we are free to do so. It's our choice to disagree or not, not the governments or certain groups on the left!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No.. people got tired of people like you and probably left. Your kin worked hard at calling every trump critic a liberal hillary loving idiot.

The reason ppl left is because ATS became flooded with political left vs right mainstream BS that's on CNN or Fox.

Honestly, people like you are slowly ruining ATS as a real conspiracy website.

And i don't mean that as an insult. You're kind are just more interested in talking mainstream politics and "winning" in the left vs right war. (As evidenced by your exodus post).

You're so far in the political left vs right game that you seriously think a bunch of conspiracy theorists left because they were so sad hillary lost or couldn't stand trump not going to jail for russia collusion.

It's the fact that you and many others think this type of way.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CmdrShep2154
I couldn’t help but notice that right wing ideology has become more prevalent on here in the recent years.

Please give us some examples of "right wing ideology" that you're seeing on ATS. I'm very curious as to what you think right wing ideology is.

Anyway, before Trump was elected, ATS had tons of liberal Hillary-supporting members who were very outspoken and kept insisting that Hillary would, without a doubt, win the election. Trump won. Those that remained kept latching on to each next big thing that would once and for all prove that Trump is an evil, stupid, incompetent literal Nazi, and time after time, it would turn out that the entire basis for their beliefs was completely fabricated BS lies. ATS isn't a right-wing site, it's a site with a bunch of liberal Hillary supporters who stopped posting out of shame and embarrassment when they realized they were being lied to and making absolute fools of themselves.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: IAMTAT

No.. people got tired of people like you and probably left. Your kin worked hard at calling every trump critic a liberal hillary loving idiot.

The reason ppl left is because ATS became flooded with political left vs right mainstream BS that's on CNN or Fox.

Honestly, people like you are slowly ruining ATS as a real conspiracy website.

And i don't mean that as an insult. You're kind are just more interested in talking mainstream politics and "winning" in the left vs right war. (As evidenced by your exodus post).

You're so far in the political left vs right game that you seriously think a bunch of conspiracy theorists left because they were so sad hillary lost or couldn't stand trump not going to jail for russia collusion.

It's the fact that you and many others think this type of way.

Since you've directed your statement personally towards me...
If people like you get tired of people like me that "think this type of way"...why not just ignore people like me?

You can start right now.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

That's because everything is seemingly right wing when you've simultaneously created an evil fictional character in your brains as well as perched yourself atop the farthest left leaning tower in human history - to combat said evil orangutan.

Like a self-perpetuating hate-fest.

Dave Chappelle describes it best - and in particular the mentality of the cancel-culture crowd.

But, if you are ever feeling blue and need a pick-me-up, just go and read the comments section of any Trump tweet, which is where you will once again find all the leftists needed to make things 'fair & balanced'.

edit on 8/9/2019 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The further left the DNC goes, the smaller the number of their "true devotees" because if you do not agree 100% with them, you are out. That attitude is breaking up friends and families, for no good reason whatsoever IMO.

So, when you diminish the numbers on the left side, the right side seems a whole lot bigger to you on the left. It's a falsely built victim mentality that is used successfully in cults.

Imagine that!

If being "woke" means ignoring (or worse ostracizing) friends or family who do not agree with you, then I am happy to sleep peacefully knowing that political views will NEVER come between me or friends and family.

The far-left has a lock on that particular mentality.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2019 by SoEpic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join