It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sneak peak at Bigelow Aerospace's candidate for long term space travel/habitats.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

That was some great footage!

I've loved this whole concept after hearing about it several years ago.

I also loved the fact that Bigelow is being nudged to not be so secretive... that made me snicker as that's been something posted numerous times here on ATS.

I think Bigelow Aerospace is especially going the right direction by footing the bill themselves and not taking fed-grants (and the like).

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So much space, not enough hotels.

I'm seeing a market here!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Be sure to watch the videos too.

Would like to but trying to access the site this message will appear..

This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

But they say european visitors are important for them...that will help not very much,.

I am really interested being informed about this.... I will try to find a way around it with a YT link and enable my fellow europeans to watch it.

Okay, here we go..this is most recent on the subject I could find so far..

edit on 31/8/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Have a dig around on the source material you do have . You're looking at a new and ultimate dos attack from which there is no defence , like the pinnacle of cyber warfare . It chops and throws the block . It creates defeat . You have never seen that message before - well then . It's for a company on the up and up -don't ask me who where or how or even why they're like ghosts in the night, and you only get a little look

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRegent

Have a dig around on the source material you do have . You're looking at a new and ultimate dos attack from which there is no defence , like the pinnacle of cyber warfare . It chops and throws the block . It creates defeat . You have never seen that message before - well then . It's for a company on the up and up -don't ask me who where or how or even why they're like ghosts in the night, and you only get a little look

I am sorry..this is way off topic so are you serious?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Am in the UK too and unable, to watch.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 31-8-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what exactly would be preventing this from getting shredded up by space debris?

That’s what the Duct Tape is for.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Excellent ideas and should lower price with less launches.
The way they are building them a interior or exterior layer of the shell can have a lining put in that can be filled once inflated with some temp. controlled hardening or solid slurry like material that can add extra protection from solar radiation or debris on site that may potentially pierce the habitats. The material can then be packed as a attachment to the habitats or sent separate.
OT
It would be a beautiful thing to have a global project to build about 7 massive Space/Starships per continent, that cost about 40-60 trillion each 420 trillion 🤔 to be used to house some or all planet population.

These crafts could theoretically move from Planet/moon space to planet/moon space.
Each filled with scout and exploration craft as well as protection crafts and protection technology to allow for advanced planetary observation and survey throughout the universe. They would have farms and forest within parts of them as well as lakes and streams.
If only there was no pricetag on solar exploration...

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is really exciting. Bigelow is brilliant and I do like that they are going to be more open but definitely understand his caution. The larger contractors would probably pay good money to get a piece of his tech. Yes, you and I are on the same page about his capital for the project. It is refreshing when a company doesn't rely on public funds to achieve these kinds of projects. I hope they win the project.

Because the audio is so low on the second video, I had the bluetooth speaker next to my ear to hear and when the cameraman tried to go between the metal bars, that CLANK rattled my brain. lmaooo.

Pretty great stuff, though. The interior is so much larger than what I would have expected and 45 minutes to erect? That is crazytown.
edit on 31-8-2019 by TemplarLoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Uh yeah. It's the GDPR. I would just continue to search out source material until it becomes available in your region. Nothing to worry about but the warning you encountered is regarding the new data protection rules. Sorry you are dealing with it though.

edit on 31-8-2019 by TemplarLoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Looks like a giant version of one those stanley insulated food mugs. Which is good I suppose, easy for people move around through all the inside layers. Also, two toilets, but what they hell do they use for toilet paper up there anyways. Ah does not matter.

I suppose, it all just depends on what they mean by "long term" space travel, there is long. And there is get your shining on, here's johnny long.

But I suppose only one way to know if it will work, and for how long, start shipping things up there yonder and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thanks Springer, cool post.

Even though it's great to see such innovations, it seems we have a ways to go yet. I certainly like to see us moving forward with space exploration.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why did Bigelow make this? Can't he fly his UFO to Mars or a tangent universe whenever he feels like it? He could take George Knapp with him to interview the aliens.
edit on 9/1/2019 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: StuKE
Am in the UK too and unable, to watch.

^ Grab yourself a personal VPN and register a node outside of the EU. It's worth the money to get around Government censorship.

I have some concerns about this that perhaps I missed. How sturdy is the hull to radiation and high-speed space dust, flying debris, etc.? I'm encouraged that one is being used on the ISS but this sounds a lot like a rubber-dinghy in a lagoon full of sharp coral.

I could see using it for staging but I would be weary of it being permanent.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Maybe I’m wrong here but according to these articles, Northrop Grumman has got this contract already in the bag.

www.fool.com...

Yes, you read that right: Rather than carefully evaluate proposals and pick the best offering from among Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Bigelow Aerospace, and other contenders, NASA is instead handing the Lunar Gateway habitat (or "hab") module contract to Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC) -- no competition required.

With 2024 in mind, NASA picks Northrop Grumman to build moon-orbiting habitat

link

NASA says it’s choosing Northrop Grumman to build the habitation module for its future moon-orbiting Gateway outpost, because it’s the only company that can do the job in time for a 2024 lunar landing.

Of course, maybe he still is in the running for the Mars mission.
edit on 1-9-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It also states that ...

in a procurement document released last week, the space agency said the other companies that were competing to build the Minimal Habitation Module as part of NASA’s NextSTEP program — Bigelow Aerospace, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, NanoRacks and Sierra Nevada Corp. — couldn’t have their hardware ready in time to meet the deadline set by the Trump administration.

Too bad as it looked like a good plan from Bigelow too.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Maybe they still might be able to go for the Mars mission?

Bigelow is going up against some powerful companies on this one.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

when do i get to go on an ATS field trip?

eta: still allot of weight to put into orbit and we still need to work on gravity or the lack of it.

the video goes into amazing detail about the issues of the human body in various gravity situations. unless we(the public) get some of that sweet black project honey we are going to have to come up with some interesting ideas.

i didnt hear what he is planing to use as a launch system, did i miss that? and what is the long term goal or destination of this project? tourism?

edit on 1-9-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Impressive, to be sure.

However, I'd guess you could call me a fancy boy in that I'd need a MUCH bigger space to travel in.... space.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join