It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Tell your friend to Grow Up!!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: Wayfarer

Prove that any Nazi or White Nationalist said they would move to Canada if Obama was elected. That of course never happened, unlike deranged leftists threatening to move if Trump was elected. I like that you consider yourself to be the equivalent of a Nazi or White Nationalist. And also that you think there are a lot of them or that anyone cares about them.

I'm confused. It sounds like you're defending white nationalism/Nazism as patriotically standing strong during Obama's tenure as president.
edit on 35am19famTue, 27 Aug 2019 07:20:25 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 27 Aug 2019 07:20:25 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Wayfarer

a reply to: IAMTAT

Part of being in a cult is you are not supposed to be friends with people outside of the cult

And when in a cult, you don't talk about the cult. Everyone that does not agree witht he group collective is to be shunned and seen as evil by all those in the cult.

Interesting similarities, aren't they?

Yeah but that same argument is a double edged sword and can be used both ways. I guess everyone who fought the Nazi's was just some cult, eh?

I guess you just couldn't help equating it to Nazi's huh? That was during an active shooting war, people defending against an active war machine ravaging and taking over countries. Yeah, that's similar to political rhetoric....fool.

I never claimed a side, now did I, huh? It does apply on all sides of radical adherence to a dogmatic political ideology. When we stop listening and begin shunning and banning people for merely a differing of opinion (and Nazism was more that that, be real here), we risk being seen as living in a cultish mindset.

If you cannot see that, maybe you are in the cult?

Chill Honey Bunny. I didn't equate one side of the political spectrum to Nazi's, merely that by your definition we can view historically heroic groups as 'cults'. Your statement was broad and easily flipped around to be used by whichever side. I'm pretty sure that wasn't your intent, so I'd recommend tweaking it a bit if your message (as I assume) is to call to light tribalism and cultish behavior that propagates from it.

I beg to differ, sweetie. See, YOU equated it with Nazi's, not me. You took it there, and now are backing away from it. Your followup post implies that being against Trump is a heroic effort akin to fighting Nazi's. That implied anyone that does support Trump is a Nazi.

Please don't try to sugar coat your cultish fantasies. We all see through it, deary.

Your thought process is sad really.

I'm not backing away form anything, and there were no implications whatsoever, so if you believe there to be then unfortunately the reason for that lies within. Why do you assume that when someone talks about Nazi's they're referencing you or your political party or any ideology you cowtow to as the default? As I explained earlier I used the reference to show how a widely understood evil entity could be leveraged as the 'defender' in the adage we were talking about (something you've entirely missed/neglected in your fervor to slaver over the word Nazi).

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Indeed, you are confused. How does someone arrive at such a moronic conclusion?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So the left has no part in that? You are really coming on here to say that Trump is driving this lunacy? The reason I'm independent is because I have watched the left demonize the right over and over and over and over. The problem is they called McCain and Romney sexist and racist. Made fun of his religion.

Now I'm an atheist so I don't care about knocking someones religion but I watch the left constantly drag Christianity through the mud while trying to be an advocate for Muslims----who by the way are pretty intolerant of homosexuals. I'm sure there are plenty of homosexuals in the ME who wish they only had to deal with bakers denying them a cake instead of trying the hands behind their backs and launching them off rooftops.

The left is so focused on beating the right its members don't even take a moment to ask---how do Muslims really feel about homosexuals? And quite a lot of us who don't only focus on first world activism just marvel at the shortsightedness. No wonder they have to sink to demonizing the right about every little thing.

Just a few years ago the left who now pretend to love Hispanics and Mexicans and their "rich" culture had no problem calling a Hispanic a white man when they were trying to push a racial angle over a shooting. Because with a name like George Zimmerman he must be white right?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Indeed, you are confused. How does someone arrive at such a moronic conclusion?

Simple, because you seem convinced that no white nationalist or nazi wanted to leave the US when Obama was elected. The sheer odds of such an absolute being the case is practically zero, so the next most likely assumption to make is that you've got some personal stake in that assumption.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

In that case it should be really easy for you to prove your claim, right? But of course you have failed to provide any evidence of anyone actually doing that, how stupid. If you want to look like someone who isn't an idiot all you need is to find any example of anyone actually doing what you claimed they did. So in this case you need to actually find an actual Nazi or White Supremacist during the Obama era saying they would move to Canada if he was elected. Obviously you couldn't do that, so you failed right?
Thanks for proving the maxim about assumptions at least as far as you are concerned.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

That's not the point.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were some Joe Bob KKK guys running around under their rocks in Podunk, 'Merica, who did say that.

The point is that Joe Bob KKK is a different kettle of fish from the tons of very prominent voices on the left who made similar prominent threats to move to Canada both if GW won his second term and if Trump ended up getting elected. Half of Hollywood should have relocated and never did for just one example. Everyone, right or left, knows who they are, but no one knows who Joe Bob KKK is because he lives under a rock likely making meth is some trailer somewhere.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

In that case it should be really easy for you to prove your claim, right? But of course you have failed to provide any evidence of anyone actually doing that, how stupid. If you want to look like someone who isn't an idiot all you need is to find any example of anyone actually doing what you claimed they did. So in this case you need to actually find an actual Nazi or White Supremacist during the Obama era saying they would move to Canada if he was elected. Obviously you couldn't do that, so you failed right?
Thanks for proving the maxim about assumptions at least as far as you are concerned.

Uh I can show examples, but what exactly will that do? You're unhinged to the point that if David Duke came to your door and told you he was packing his bags in 2008 you'd claim he wasn't a true patriot righteous white nationalist or nazi I suspect and smugly declare yourself correct while oblivious to the fact that you seem to be implying esteem to white nationalists/nazi's in your rhetoric.
edit on 35am19famTue, 27 Aug 2019 08:28:39 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 27 Aug 2019 08:28:39 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

This is the hive mind, TDS is a hive mind they are The Borg, when they say if you like Trump we can't be friends.
Personally I think Trump is a Drunken Monkey, and yet he is better than the entire democratic field except for Tulsi Gabbard. He is also like a clock, correct twice a day, attacking him when he is correct comes off as, "orange man always bad"
The MSM has spread this political tribalism, it is very bad for Americans. Remind this person of Obama speech from 2004....

Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America — there's the United States of America.The pundits like to slice-and-dice our country into Red States and Blue States; Red States for Republicans, Blue States for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too: We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don't like federal agents poking around in our libraries in the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States, and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the Red States. There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq.

People are letting the media think for them, they are buying all the propaganda hook line and sinker, and it's very bad for their mental and emotional health.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was hoping that they could at least come up with one such Joe Bob, that's all they would have to do to vindicate themselves, but that was too much.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Oh look, more false claims that you can't back up. This time false ad hominem claims about me personally. It's funny, you could easily make yourself look cool and me look stupid and prove yourself right, if you were right, but since you are not you just double down on making # up!

If you could show examples it would be much more powerful than just making up more lies.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I was hoping that they could at least come up with one such Joe Bob, that's all they would have to do to vindicate themselves, but that was too much.

Fine, I'll be your Huckleberry.

Buzzfeed aggregation of 37 conservative tweets claiming they'll move to Australia if Obama is re-elected

5.64 percent of America’s 198 million non-Hispanic whites have beliefs consistent with the alt-right’s worldview.

Therefore we can assume at least 1 of the folks tweeting the in aforementioned buzzfeed aggregation is a white nationalist, QED.

As I said earlier, your ABSOLUTE claim that no white nationalist or nazi's wanted to leave if Obama was president is false. Even Ketsuko recognized the absurdity of the absolute condition you claimed.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

but she's just doing what most people do as they get older, we shed the toxic people out of our lives and focus on the positive and good.

Yeah, you just categorized the OP as a toxic person.....sad.
So just because people support Trump they are automatically a toxic person ?
This is what is wrong with TDS and America right now, it's also true it's never been this bad.
A saw a statistic the other day that said 20% of hiring managers would try to figure out if a person is a Trump supporter and not hire them if they are.
It's getting really pathetic out there.

Political prejudice could be higher than racial prejudice in America right now.
edit on 27-8-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Any candidate that encourages dissent between Americans is not your friend!

""In my opinion, you vote for a Democrat, you're being very disloyal to Jewish people, and you're being very disloyal to Israel,"

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Australia is not Canada, whoops.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Australia is not Canada, whoops.

Lol, that's your super clever defense? It doesn't count because its not Canada? Ok, now I'm just dissapointed. You're not even a clever troll.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

My guess is that is going to be a major theme during the elections.

Yours is a very good guess and thats why you wont find me voting in 2020. I wont participate but I also wont respect the result. No one elected in a US election is President of me. The elections are a total joke; the candidates are crappy and the majority of voters are clueless idiots.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

says a troll who couldn't find even a single nazi or white supremicist who threatened to move to Canada because Obama!
Says someone who is flailing and flailing in defense of a failed tu quoque fallacy.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
so what happens when trump is off the scene will they want to be friends then i wonder reply to: JAGStorm

That is a really good question that a lot of people are failing to acknowledge. Presidents come and go, but your family and friends are all that you have. Do you really want to alienate those people. I guess it doesn't matter to some.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join