It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I did not write that, a friend of mind did. She literally did.

I'm so disturbed by it on so many levels.

I may disagree with who you vote for but I understand. I understand that everything in a persons life has influenced how they vote. I don't expect the majority of very young voters to agree with very old voters much of the time. Their needs/wants and what they expect from a candidate will often be different. Their experiences though life have shaped how they often vote.

Maybe i'm silly. I like to have friends that have a different opinion, but it appears a good segment of my friends do not feel the same way.
Maybe i'm naive thinking they will change my mind, maybe me theirs. If we only surround ourselves with similar people do we ever grow? I like ATS, for the most part people can voice their opinion and people with respectfully agree to disagree. I've actually changed my opinion on a few thing from research that started on here.

I know a lot of people do not like Trump, that is ok. It really is. What is not ok is the sentiment in my OP headline. Unfortunately it is becoming all too common. We are going to see a lot more of it.

I never once heard if you vote for Hillary, we can't be friends, or if you vote for Obama, we can't be friends, or if you vote for Bush, we can't be friends. Never. I have heard the sentiment about Trump many times. If anything it is being spoon fed to the left and they are gobbling it up. Sadly it isn't even the radical left anymore. It is wrong, and it is un-American. My guess is that is going to be a major theme during the elections. If you vote for xyz you are a nazi, if you vote for xyz you belong in a hate group. Any candidate that encourages dissent between Americans is not your friend!

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You got weird "friends"...

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Any candidate that encourages dissent between Americans is not your friend!

Trump is not your friend, then.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Stuff like that gives you the opportunity to cull the herd.

I blame social media. People look for ways to draw attention and will post something outlandish just to keep from being ignored. It's the times we're in.

+4 more 
link   

I live in Illinois, I think we have 7 republicans and all the rest Democrats running the show. Pretty much explains our problems here. Voting for a democrat in illinois puts you on my crap list.

+26 more 
link   
Complete intolerance. I'm an ordained minister. I married two very nice women, one of which I had worked with for 15 years.

Upon the election, when they found out we had voted for Trump and not Killary, they basically de-friended us. Claimed that Trump was going to eliminate their marriage. How could we vote for him? Well, they are still married, yet they won't admit they are wrong.

So much for the tolerant left.

Fred..

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

My very good friend is a Red Sox fan and if I can tolerate that level of stupidity and ignorance I can handle whomever they happen to vote for with tact.

edit on 26-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Tell her to vote for policies and not candidates.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but I voted for him and am glad because he did the one thing I cared about : fix our VA system. No more mysteriously absent funding money.

This country needs to put a stop to fanatic politics ; clearly there are no winners.

It's impossible for conservatives to be right 100% of the time, same with democrats ; so if you always vote one way, you basically say I'm voting left or right no matter what the issue or if my side is wrong ... That's mental.

A good economy (we think.. Maybe) vs a collapsing society... Tough choices
edit on 26-8-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

Stuff like that gives you the opportunity to cull the herd.

I blame social media. People look for ways to draw attention and will post something outlandish just to keep from being ignored. It's the times we're in.

What is sad is that this person is someone I would think is very open minded, obviously not.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

That's a common theme among leftists.

They're so caught up in their collective group think that their minds reel and convulse when confronted by points of view contradictory to their own.

They can't cope with discussion and debate, they are more comfortable reeeeing off into their safe spaces and echo chambers where they can safely try to out virtue signal each other.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Whatever happened to: "Keep your friends close...and your enemies closer"?

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960
I had to read your post 2 times. I thought you are a minister with 2 wives.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

A big reason I'm a free speech advocate. It takes the speculation out of determining what people really think.

link   

I never once heard if you vote for Hillary, we can't be friends, or if you vote for Obama, we can't be friends,

Me either. However, even if you have not, I have heard at least here on this site, that if you voted for Clinton or Obama you are a snowflake, a moron, a dimwit a brainwashed member of the masses, a sheep. Shall I go on?

Our people are resilient and many have the ability to bend and flex with political winds. But this guy is a divider and it is his meat and potatoes. He is winning at that game and has us to the point where he is breaking up long standing friendships. It's not that one side or the other is a snow flake or has too thin a skin, it's that this guy is playing to our deepest fears. And he is winning. He is making us doubt ourselves and our friends. I put it all on him.

link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: fredrodgers1960
I had to read your post 2 times. I thought you are a minister with 2 wives.

A guy with an extra wife...is definitely someone worth having as a friend.

+15 more 
link   

The friends that I have that have voted for Hillary are either going to vote for Trump in 2020 or stay home and get drunk election day.

The left has gotten militant, mean, and have broken away from the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I watched a happily married couple wind up getting divorced over the last election.

I have a strict policy of keeping my mouth shut when it comes to politics at home.
Of course, I also live in a heavily blue state and consistently vote third party... but still.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
My Leftist sister no longer talks to me because I support Trump.

I love her...but I'm okay with it...because she was always asking me for Free Stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I'm not doubting your word, but if that broke them up they couldn't have been that happy to begin with.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Hell no, look I have 1 wife of my own, any more than that and this house would NOT be fun to live in!!!

Fred..

One more point. I have a childhood friend who draws cartoons. He is a rabid anti-Trumper. He's been doing anti Trump cartoons using all of the Fake News headlines and crap.

I mentioned to him that maybe he could draw one with some of the Biden Gaffes that have been coming out recently, and I mentioned that, he would then attract the other half of an audience.

"I would rather go broke, besides, I've not seen Biden do anything wrong."

Direct quote. You can't fix stupid.

Fred..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join