It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: UKTruth

Those vast majority of those "jobs" will be gone with the oncoming automation revolution. Sure some jobs will be available for people programming and maintaining the robots but for the most part the rich will get richer thanks to plummeting labor costs.

So give it all to china? lol.

It's amazing how many Americans love China

Stockholm Syndrome.

It really does surprise me that the Dems don't say that Trump is racist toward the Chinese and that is the reason he is doing it.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's stupid to have a potential enemy owning the manufacturing of all the goods your country consumes.

The smartest thing to do is, obviously, bring all that production back home. The amount of jobs would be insane. The US would have golden decade, and the economy would be crazy.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

It is kind of crazy how so many Americans don't understand the difference between need and want.

It's amazing how so many Americans don't understand the capitalastic system where profit is the standard operating procedure. Even trump realizes that because his and Ivankas products are made in china. Is is greed or just good business?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Trump can relate to the middle class. Remember, he ran construction sites. He had to know how to deal with construction workers, unions, etc.

Just for levity, it seemed appropriate

link   
a reply to: gortex

It seems that he's having a great week. Even got bitch slapped by Denmarks PM over attempting to buy Greenland.
Then he cancelled his trip to Denmark...hahaha

time.com...

“You don’t talk to the United States that way, at least under me,” Trump told reporters in Washington. “I thought it was not a nice statement, the way she blew me off.”
Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen called the whole thing “an absurd discussion” and said she was “disappointed and surprised” that Trump had canceled his visit.
Trump said Frederiksen’s comment labeling his idea as absurd “was nasty. I thought it was an inappropriate statement. All she had to say was say, ‘No, we wouldn’t be interested.'”

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Not to mention tumble the markets in the process.
No pain, no gain.

No more cheap crap for you 😋

link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Those vast majority of those "jobs" will be gone with the oncoming automation revolution. Sure some jobs will be available for people programming and maintaining the robots but for the most part the rich will get richer thanks to plummeting labor costs.

That's actually a really good point.

It's probably a lost cause to try and force these factory line type jobs to come back to the states... Because if the companies didn't have a cheap workforce to rely on, then they'd just start investing in automation.

I see it happening at my work right now, their investing big time on automating the mills.

Luckily though, I'm a loader and not a mill operator, so there's no easy way to automate my job... But if they do find a way, then we'll savatage it!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You mean the guy who gave up paying for his billionaire lifestyle because taxpayers are now paying for it?

trumpgolfcount.com...
I love how Trumps golfing triggers y'all, it's so amusing.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Stock Market is starting to react. It's trumps economy..he owns it both the ups and downs.

He owns this bad boy for better or worse.

So, he should be calling the shots.

China has been dry humping Lady Liberty for thirty years.

Trump is the pimp. No more dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

If Trump does fail. I will publicly acknowledge my error.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
It's stupid to have a potential enemy owning the manufacturing of all the goods your country consumes.

The smartest thing to do is, obviously, bring all that production back home. The amount of jobs would be insane. The US would have golden decade, and the economy would be crazy.

Well if Greenland would get over themselves and sell their country to the United States we could really stick it to the Chinese on rare earth minerals.

nationalpost.com...

I bet Tim Apple would agree.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

even as consumers in the USA pay more for imported products because of tariffs diehards will still worship at his feet ...and fart out of their mouths..."thank you Mr President. Thats teaching the world a lesson"

LolLolLol

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

Not only do they own the manufacturing but in order to business in China, a foreign company has to partner with a Chinese company and hand over intellectual property. That's the law. China is such a big market that most companies believe they can't afford to not do business in China.

Meanwhile, whatever companies don't hand technology over to China, they steal any way they can (i.e., hacking).

20 years from now, the world economy is going to look very different.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You mean the guy who gave up paying for his billionaire lifestyle because taxpayers are now paying for it?

trumpgolfcount.com...

It's not the golfing so much as the hundred million dollars of taxpayer money being spent. At his own properties might I add.

So much for not getting a salary as President.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: olaru12
Stock Market is starting to react. It's trumps economy..he owns it both the ups and downs.

He owns this bad boy for better or worse.

So, he should be calling the shots.

China has been dry humping Lady Liberty for thirty years.

Trump is the pimp. No more dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

If Trump does fail. I will publicly acknowledge my error.

trumps failure for 2020 started when he called American companies to return their mfg base back to the US, while his 2020 campaign material is being made in China. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...The US electorate isn't very smart but they do know what hypocritical means.

Ran his mouth/tweets just once to often. Kelly Ann warned him, he didn't listen.
edit on 23-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My company has an office in China. Our stock just dropped 3 points in 2 hours.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

trumpgolfcount.com...

It's not the golfing so much as the hundred million dollars of taxpayer money being spent. At his own properties might I add.

So much for not getting a salary as President.

As leader of the free world, I could care less, it is his RIGHT and what is afforded to him as POTUS.

It triggers you and I say he can't golf enough, plus Golfing is a businessmans sport, you can work and get a hole in one.

Also, Trumps net value has taken a plunge.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I just wonder what his thought process is on this.
Does he really think this is within his jurisdiction to order?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

...or better.. depending on how you look at it. China are commerce cheats. They are also guilty of subjecting their workers to low wages and horrible working conditions.

Commerce cheats...and bridge builders and silk road.....playbook taken straight out of the CIA, worldbank, and the USA tactics of the last century....only thing left now is for Chines military boots on the ground going after water or minerals...

All part of the Bilderberger/Globalists plan...and US was invited to the party...so its not like they're playing in the dark

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

actual there is a little law.. the emmoluments clause, or something like that, that I think would prohibit this kind of crap..

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

does he really seem to understand just how the gov't is supposed to work??

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join