It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
What makes him think he can get away with issuing edicts?
Is he the king now?

I know chosen by god right?

I used to just joke about it, but now I'm honestly starting to wonder if the guys literally going mad with power.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

So what do the supporters of free trade and open markets believe? Should a president order private companies how to operate? Is there any room for free market capitalism in a Trump era?

Well you, me, Trump and everyone else knows he can't do that, BUT it is a strong statement. Do you disagree that American companies should seek other places based on how China acts and works to control the world?

I seems all you say is orange man bad, and never really go past your TDS to look at the actual problem he is talking about.

edit on 23-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

They said it would happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

The world is not "globally connected ", the world has internet, that's all.

There is however, a whole bunch of asshats that hock chinese garbage to anyone foolish enough to buy it.

Same sh@t thats been going on in every large port city since the telephone was invented.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Duderino

So please link to me the law that was passed, the EO that was signed, the law that was changed?

Or are you one of those silly people that think that a tweet is somehow now a law, according to a panel of experts at CNN?

Christ wept.. it's no wonder the Democratic party is such a mess.

Their cult followers appear to be incapable of critical thinking.

/facepalm

I agree with you. His words don't mean anything. And it also bring a smile to my face to know that every MAGA hat is made in China.

Everyone huh? lol. You really need to research that. Even if what you said was true, which it isn't, Trump would be putting Country before Company. He must really love his country. Would you like to change your mind now?

You're right, the "official" hats are made in Carson, CA. I got it mixed up with his Trump 2020 banners and all of his and his daughters signature line of clothes.

Video of Trump banners being made in China:

www.newsweek.com...

My bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You know there's a word for when the government tries to control private companies means of production..

Commu.. Communis...

Dang I forgot.

Communism is when the govt owns the means of production. i.e state ownership.
It's actually Fascism where the govt controls private company decisions through hyper regulation and control.

You're right. Trump is being a fascist and not a communist.

I admit I was wrong.

Yes, the US Govt has been acting in a fascist manner for many years wrt to controls on Private Corporations and it seems Trump is continuing that trend. Not good.

With China, it's one of those situations, unfortunately, where the US are left with the difficult decision between maintaining the freedoms inherent in their society and defending against a quite clear attack by a China who are taking advantage and have been for many years.

For the US, I don't think there is a middle ground. Accept economic defeat through foul play or fight and accept that free market principles don't work when dealing with cheats.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Bigburgh

Arent a lot of his merchandise made in China?

Picking through my house.....

Everything! Apple iPhone... comes to mind.

Then there's this tag. Assembled in the USA? Hmmm were did it originate?

I don't stink and I'm clean

edit on 23-8-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It looks to me that the more "left-leaning" folks want to side with China and it's regime instead of the US of A.

Now I might be wrong, but I never have been before, so there is that.

link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

So please link to me the law that was passed, the EO that was signed, the law that was changed?

Or are you one of those silly people that think that a tweet is somehow now a law, according to a panel of experts at CNN?

/facepalm

I agree with you. His words don't mean anything. And it also bring a smile to my face to know that every MAGA hat is made in China.

Link ..shop.donaldjtrump.com... =20190523_na_store_djt_tmagacmerch_ocpmypur_bh_audience0001_na_copy00070_us_b_18-99_gsn_all_na_lp0005_shop_conversion_search_na_na_na&utm_content=sto& gclid=CjwKCAjwnf7qBRAtEiwAseBO_KbQwm7KZ-Y5LGLJuZBq9a8RLtXMlKHCcfjm4OEu51vQwqO7FYDzxhoC3AUQAvD_BwE

It only costs a few extra pennies to get that label sewn on in China. I make sure it's on all the crap I sell to gullible right wingers.

You sound like your running on the DNC Presidential ticket.

link   
And look at this, same day news: He's challenging the US Constitution again after being told in no ambiguous terms that it was unconstitutional what he was doing. Now he wants another attempt at it.

President Donald Trump is challenging a federal appeals court decision that ruled he violated the U.S. Constitution by blocking people whose views he disliked from his Twitter account.

In court papers filed late Friday by the U.S. Justice Department, Trump sought a rehearing by the full 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals calling the 3-0 decision “fundamentally misconceived.” Trump has more than 63 million followers on Twitter and often uses his account to make significant announcements.

Lin k

Dictators will be dictators if you let them.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It looks to me that the more "left-leaning" folks want to side with China and it's regime instead of the US of A.

Yep - the left is for Iran and China's interests first.. Mexico too... in fact anyone but their own country, which they seem to utterly despise (unless they have control of the levers of power).

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

/facepalm

Link ..shop.donaldjtrump.com... =20190523_na_store_djt_tmagacmerch_ocpmypur_bh_audience0001_na_copy00070_us_b_18-99_gsn_all_na_lp0005_shop_conversion_search_na_na_na&utm_content=sto& gclid=CjwKCAjwnf7qBRAtEiwAseBO_KbQwm7KZ-Y5LGLJuZBq9a8RLtXMlKHCcfjm4OEu51vQwqO7FYDzxhoC3AUQAvD_BwE

Trump's suits and ties are made in China. Ivanka's clothing line and her shoes are made in China.

So, what I want to know is, who's he talking at?

edit on 23-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Doing China favors in your business deals AFTER knowing just how awful their human rights and labor violations are is akin to partying with Epstein AFTER he got busted for pedo-ing. Whatever lets you sleep at night.

The only upright stance on China trade is a hard one even if it hurts your pocketbook.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What do you expect when you impede on free market. Its basic economics when it comes to FREE trade road blocks and trade tariffs do not work. It always backfires.

link   

originally posted by: Duderino
And look at this, same day news: He's challenging the US Constitution again after being told in no ambiguous terms that it was unconstitutional what he was doing. Now he wants another attempt at it.

President Donald Trump is challenging a federal appeals court decision that ruled he violated the U.S. Constitution by blocking people whose views he disliked from his Twitter account.

In court papers filed late Friday by the U.S. Justice Department, Trump sought a rehearing by the full 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals calling the 3-0 decision “fundamentally misconceived.” Trump has more than 63 million followers on Twitter and often uses his account to make significant announcements.

Lin k

Dictators will be dictators if you let them.

What is dictatorial about challenging a court decision via appeal?
Maybe you need to rethink your definition of a dictatorship. You've really not even grasped the basics.

link   

originally posted by: highvein

/facepalm

It only costs a few extra pennies to get that label sewn on in China. I make sure it's on all the crap I sell to gullible right wingers.

You sound like your running on the DNC Presidential ticket.

Actually the market for Trump merchandise bottomed out around a year ago. Nobody is really buying anything anymore. Apart from some gas stations in West Virginia, you aren't going to sell a lot.

The new thing is Mitch McConnell merchandise. I'm trying to get the rights for a premade Moscow Mitch liquor drink right now.

Lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I wish people would just for once research China just a little. It doesn't take too long before it is scary as hell in about 10 different directions.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What makes him think he can get away with issuing edicts?
Is he the king now?

I know chosen by god right?

He is the president of the United states right now, he has a lot of power, more than any Senator has. Obama had the same power when he was president and forced laws to be passed that were unreasonable at the end of his term. That is what goes on in the Whitehouse. Normal capital Hill activities.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Some people might just also prefer the middle ground, maybe the 2 nations could sit down and try to act rationally rather than emotionally and with tit for tat tariff increases in an ever repeating cycle of 'but they are worse than us' both nations would benefit from working together, would they not?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Samsung?

Korea😆😆😆

Samsung (Korean: 삼성; Hanja: 三星; Korean pronunciation: [samsʌŋ]; means "tristar" in English) is a South Korean multinationalconglomerate headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul.[1] It comprises numerous affiliated businesses,[1] most of them united under the Samsung brand, and is the largest South Korean chaebol (business conglomerate).

Samsung

Samsung Town in the Gangnam Station area in Seoul, South Korea

Native name

삼성 (三星)

IndustryConglomerateFounded1 March 1938; 81 years ago in Daegu, Japanese KoreaFounderLee Byung-chulHeadquarters40th floor Samsung Electronics Building, 11, Seocho-daero 74-gil[1], 

Seocho District, Seoul

South Korea

Area served

Worldwide

Key people

Lee Kun-hee
(Chairman)
Lee Jae-yong
(Vice Chairman)ProductsApparel, automotive, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, semiconductors, solid state drives, DRAM, ships, telecommunications equipment, home appliances[2]ServicesAdvertising, construction, entertainment, financial services, hospitality, information and communications technology, medical and health care services, retail, shipbuildingRevenue US$210.9 billion[3] (2017)

Net income

US$37.1 billion[3] (2017)Total assets US$265 billion[3] (2017)Total equity US$188.9 billion[3] (2017)

Number of employees

320,671[4] (2017)SubsidiariesSamsung Electronics
Samsung Engineering
Samsung C&T Corporation
Samsung Heavy Industries
Samsung SDS
Samsung Life Insurance
Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance
Cheil WorldwideWebsitesamsung.comSamsungHangul

삼성

Hanja

三星

Revised RomanizationSamseongMcCune–ReischauerSamsŏng

Samsung was founded by Lee Byung-chul in 1938 as a trading company. Over the next three decades, the group diversified into areas including food processing, textiles, insurance, securities, and retail. Samsung entered the electronics industry in the late 1960s and the construction and shipbuilding industries in the mid-1970s; these areas would drive its subsequent growth. Following Lee's death in 1987, Samsung was separated into four business groups – Samsung Group, Shinsegae Group, CJ Group and Hansol Group. Since 1990, Samsung has increasingly globalised its activities and electronics; in particular, its mobile phones and semiconductors have become its most important source of income. As of 2017, Samsung has the 6th highest global brand value.[5]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join