It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Should a president order private companies how to operate?

Uh, presidents can and have executive ordered exactly that many times in history. Bush passed an EO in 2005 that prohibited American companies and citizens from doing business with a list of "supporters of terror" and a list of institutions and groups he accused of helping proliferate WMDs. Obama Executive ordered sanctions on Russia and Russian assets which also prohibited American companies from conducting business with those on the list. Ronald Reagan Executive Ordered restrictions on American's business within South Africa to force them to end Apartheid.

You're grousing about something that's well within a POTUS' authority and, equally as important, has historically been exercised by nearly every POTUS at some point in each presidential tenure.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Truth is after Brexit there will be a probable ""amendment"" to our human rights in the UK.

GCHQ won't need any back doors with the overtly totalitarian surveillance systems, extensive CCTV networks, combined with the capabilities 5G will bring about, the whole entire island will be one big concentration camp.

link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: seeker1963

You are arguing with Communists. Don't think for a second they give a damn about the USA.

... Because everyone who hasnt drank the Trump Kool aid is a communist.
Only Trump knows what's best for USA.
Right?

Nope, but anyone who sides with China is ...

link   

You are arguing with Communists. Don't think for a second they give a damn about the USA.

Right?

If what he deems is best for the USA applies to the Constitution?????? You can bet your booty COMRADE!!!!

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I thought they were separate but equal branches of the government.

Where did I get misinformed?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The American consumer has to decide if they want cheaper prices or jobs. I don't mind paying a little more for a quality product that keeps my neighbors employed. The race to the bottom never ends well in the long term.

Yes it never ends well, but no matter how much you pay extra, the game changes every few years when bigger tax breaks are given to the largest corps. Contrary to their mantra "we'll employ more people" they invest in robotics and use their windfalls also in share buy backs to consolidate control.

The little man is screwed either way.

Next up is the Hunger Games and the Rich in compounds protected by private armies.

They learnt their lesson from the Bastille. They will be untouchable and nothing you or me can do about it

link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

Right?

Nope, but anyone who sides with China is ...

So everyone who disagrees with Trump is in bed with China?

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No individual Senator, Congressman, or SCOTUS judge had the equivalent power of the POTUS. In fact, it requires greater than 50% of them to even remotely equal that power and, even then, when you get into filibusters and such the actual threshold is higher. In other words, the President of the United States is the single most potent official in the country and, individual to individual, he does not have an "equal."

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Why does there have to be sides?

Why does it have to be so left or right all the time?

The issues we face are so much more complicated and multifaceted than they appear.

End of the day its the American consumer and businesses that will foot the bill for all these stupid trade tariffs and whatnot.

Do you imagine Trump will lose any monies or even sleep over the matter?
edit on 23-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Barrack Hussein Obama

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

it's like some time after I was in high school, they stopped teaching kids how the gov't was structured and the function of each branch.. but I know I saw whole chapters on it in some of my kid's textbooks. maybe some people should have been paying more attention in class, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

no he isn't, the speaker of the house is... they control what bills is brought to the floor of the house and the house controls the purse.. can't do crap without money in your budget!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Never forget the promise and power of a free cell phone? Romney did SUCK, gotta giver her that!

edit on 23-8-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So Donald Trump is preforming actions that have the highest likelihood to prevent his reelection* .... ie not working in his best political interests. I wonder why he's doing that? Is he stupid or does he put "working for the people" above "working for himself".

* a slowing or bad economy, possibly brought on by the tariff war with China, is the single biggest issue that can scuttle his reelection bid.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: queenofswords

and, bush was proclaiming just how great outsourcing was for our economy....
as far a the national security risk has been that we are relying too much on other countries to produce our goods and have allowed ourselves to be put into a position where we are dependent on them to produce our goods!!
him ordering us manufacturers to stop buying stuff from china isn't gonna do crap to fix that one.
we need to invest in rebuilding up our manufacturing bases, build the factories, invest in the machinery, and train the workers... which will take time and money...

So, what are you saying? Kick the can down the road some more?

We are up for what needs to be done. We will plow through the task ahead of us. We can rebuild anything, invest in American, and train whoever needs to be trained. Time and money is always a factor, but when you have a real solutions-oriented hard working leader, great upper and mid managers, and a work force to be reckoned with, nothing is impossible.

Fighting the naysayers, Trump/America haters, fundamental transformationalists, and glass-half-empty sourpusses is what gets frustrating, not to mention those that needlessly drain society while complaining about everything they don't have.

link   
a reply to: Duderino

I'd Rather he Demand U.S. Companies Leave Mexico First .

link   
The bigger picture here is being ignored in an effort of some to score some manner of political points against the president.

The United States and China are still at the negotiation table for a trade agreement to replace the one sided, screw America deals of the past. As a result of this, actually passing an Executive Order to enact trade sanctions against China is one of the last resort options, primarily because it introduces a sequence of red tape that would need undone once it forced China to bend to our expectations in those talks. Voluntary civil action like American companies withdrawing from China and refusing to conduct business with them until the Chinese comply with US trade demands would back China into a corner and be highly advantageous to the US in those negotiations.

It's actually quite sad, but remember the late 80s when virtually every American accepted "compliance with a president's orders or requests" to be sort of a duty as an American citizen? WTF happened there? When in the blue hell did we mutate into a nation of pissers that seem to feel every presidential request must be met with a vision of our asses and our middle fingers instead of showing some level of respect towards the office, if not the individual? This nonsense started when Clinton was in the office, and it progressed through Bush, then into Obama, but it has never been this bad. It isn't a good look, honestly. In fact, it looks like crap.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

End of the day its the American consumer and businesses that will foot the bill for all these stupid trade tariffs and whatnot.

What the hell do you care!

Aren't you among the other leftists here that cheer taxing the rich more that will place the burden on the American consumer and businesses?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

you do realize what they did was just expanded the lifeline program so it offered a choice between a landline and a cellphone, right...
do you also realize that those landlines are pricier than the cellphones?
or that they both come with some limitations..

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It will be painful initially, but if the right moves are made, US corps will bring jobs back to the US. The American public needs to wake up. We don't need that cheap Chinese stuff.

Firstly, do you know how much stuff people have that are made in China? I am gathering a hell of alot. Are they all junk? Of course not! People who are against this are the ones saying it's junk, that's all.

And let's just say you got your wish, and these jobs came back to your country. Are people going to work for the same rate of pay as they do in China? Of course not.

So, what will happen? Prices will go up a lot, a lot of companies would fail. Your economy would fail. People will be out of work, people will not be able to afford stuff because prices have rocketed because wages have rocketed on the making of these products.

You think it's as easy as just bring the work back to your country, and everything will be great?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join