It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

I thought they were separate but equal branches of the government.

Where did I get misinformed?

I said any Senator. Remember, the Senate has equal power and over half, sometimes more, is required to overturn a law put in place by the President in Lame duck session.

Don't you know much about how the government is supposed to work, I am definitely no expert but at least know the basics of how things work in DC

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sorry

Apology accepted.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
China must have really pissed Trump off recently, we know they're good at it, just take a hard look at Hong Kong right now those people are waving American flags because they believe more n freedom than they do communism.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

Lots of foreigners are leaving China because, they are making long stay visas harder for them. Plus lots of Communist monuments are going up all over the place during a crackdown period. It looks like China is being China again to stop foreign influence after a period of modernization. But as far as Trump putting tariffs on Chinese goods, its the American public that will be paying for them on the rising prices, since the American public are pretty much taped out. I can see this hitting the Chinese economy where it hurts. So China will devalue again and sell American assets. Which would leave the American dollar so high and dry trading in it would hurt. Thus Trump wants it down a lot, so look out for another rate drop.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Trump is just what we need here on the UK to rebalance our economy. Thngd gone too far whole communities wrecked and on heroin as the jobs gone and no hope for the future, Corporate execs all need sorting out and racing their profits if they do not employ locals to do the work, I love Trump what a legend in the making

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
International Emergency Economic Powers Act 1977
Sufficient EOs probably already exist to invoke
sorre lat to the table with this

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Trump is just what we need here on the UK to rebalance our economy. Thngd gone too far whole communities wrecked and on heroin as the jobs gone and no hope for the future, Corporate execs all need sorting out and racing their profits if they do not employ locals to do the work, I love Trump what a legend in the making

We are willing to make a trade. What have you got?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: seeker1963

You are arguing with Communists. Don't think for a second they give a damn about the USA.

... Because everyone who hasnt drank the Trump Kool aid is a communist.
Only Trump knows what's best for USA.
Right?

Nope, but anyone who sides with China is ...

So everyone who disagrees with Trump is in bed with China?

So you are saying you disagree with trump on China?. Are you for or against hardline stances on China -- trade, human rights etc? If you side with China you are choosing your side--Communist. Whoever is playing hardball with them should be supported for that stance. It can't just be "I'm against it because Trump".

Right. So Trump siding and sellig weapons to Saudis makes you what?, A terrorist? A traitor?
ATS logic 1 on 1.
China just called Trumps bluff and here you are telling me that we shouldn't question his decisions no matter what?
Gtfo.
Im not a communist nor pro China just because I'm against Trumps politics.
Try harder

If I support selling weapons to terrorists, that makes me pro-terrorist. If you take China's side you are pro-communist. Nowhere is Trump in this equation. My stances in no way are determined by Trump, yet here you are taking a personal stance for China.

I am taking a personal stance against the CCP. I will support not catering to the CCP regardless of who is doing it. That does not make me pro-everything that person does.

Do you not have a personal belief in right and wrong outside of politics? Siding with the commies is 100% on the wrong.
edit on 24-8-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Duderino

So please link to me the law that was passed, the EO that was signed, the law that was changed?

Or are you one of those silly people that think that a tweet is somehow now a law, according to a panel of experts at CNN?

Christ wept.. it's no wonder the Democratic party is such a mess.

Their cult followers appear to be incapable of critical thinking.

/facepalm

I agree with you. His words don't mean anything. And it also bring a smile to my face to know that every MAGA hat is made in China.

Link ..shop.donaldjtrump.com... =20190523_na_store_djt_tmagacmerch_ocpmypur_bh_audience0001_na_copy00070_us_b_18-99_gsn_all_na_lp0005_shop_conversion_search_na_na_na&utm_content=sto& gclid=CjwKCAjwnf7qBRAtEiwAseBO_KbQwm7KZ-Y5LGLJuZBq9a8RLtXMlKHCcfjm4OEu51vQwqO7FYDzxhoC3AUQAvD_BwE

It only costs a few extra pennies to get that label sewn on in China. I make sure it's on all the crap I sell to gullible right wingers.

So you admit you are a liar!!!! Good for you!!!!! You admit to using deception to sell a product. You are quite a piece of work or something else that smells. Right there you have painted yourself as a lying cheat whose scams the elderly. Do you feel good taking advantage of others? At least you are honest about it so that is a start. Perhaps America is becoming Great Again? Perhaps you could move to China it may help

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Bigburgh

Arent a lot of his merchandise made in China?

Is your thought process?

Asking for a friend

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Do you not have a personal belief in right and wrong outside of politics? Siding with the commies is 100% on the wrong.

Something to consider....

www.newsweek.com...

edit on 24-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
He went full dictator. And everyone knows you don't go full dictator.
I almost spit my coffee out laughing from this line.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

Great Again? Perhaps you could move to China it may help

Yeah, help make parts for the Army...

www.americanmanufacturing.org...

Do you have any idea how closely American Mfg. is linked to the chinese? Even "the Chosen one" can't reverse that trend.

edit on 24-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Surprising to you I do. I also remember a time when the US did not trade with China at all. it was a long time ago (BC before Clinton) and I remember that as being a time when Americans had a higher standard of living and better wages IE America was Great. Then the Communists sold us out and we have crap ever since, nothing lasts anymore. It is recommended to replace your heater/air every 5 years or so. My house still has a HVAC from before those times that I have repaired many times and still works better than most of my friends "new and improved" garbage.

On a side note any company that does business with exploited/enslaved workers does not earn my business. I do not purchase anything made in China for safety concerns and for the simple fact that I am a compassionate human being who does not wish to enrich those who exploit humans. Do I pay a little more sure but at least I am not complicit in human rights abuse and can look at myself in the mirror knowing that I am not guilty of being complicit in crimes against humanity. Can you? If you buy made in China garbage than I already know the answer, good luck with your soul. BUY AMERICAN BUY UNION BUY LOCAL was the message on my folks old answering machine. Support your neighbors and fellow citizens not fascist dictatorships that slaughter their own citizens ( T Sqaure) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: CrazyFox

Great Again? Perhaps you could move to China it may help

Yeah, help make parts for the Army...

www.americanmanufacturing.org...

Do you have any idea how closely American Mfg. is linked to the chinese? Even "the Chosen one" can't reverse that trend.

So when country you do business with has killed 85 million of its own and continues to harvest organs from live prisoners of conscience (Christians, Falun Gong, democracy activists -- fully acknowledged by the UN etc. ), I don't think the approach should be to just roll over because it seems impossible to reverse course. It has to start somewhere.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The incarceration rate of the United States of America is the highest in the world, and your gaols are not fun, or so I'm lead to believe.

Then there is the fact that your nation, and my own, practiced the diabolical sport of Eugenics right up until the end of the 60s

Anyhoo is this trade war not about tariffs and commerce than about human rights violations or harvesting organs?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

On the loyalty of American companies to Americans;

edit on 24-8-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

IS THIS NEW> Bush leased our ports to them, compromising security.

US companies have been allowed to flock to China and other countries for cheep and oppressed labor with no backlash at all for years!

It is not new and until Trump everyone else put their heads in the sand, or do not want to upset them, do not want to increase prices in anyway for America even if it means China owns our soul. With illegals is the same thing...ignore human trafficking so we get our fruits and veggies cheaper, don't want to increase prices even if it means taking advantage of a defenseless class of people, and with sex trafficking, drugs and other really bad crap...that just the cost of doing business to many.

The difference is that Trump is not a life long professional politician. He is not trying to keep a pay check for 30 or 40 years, and that is why nothing gets fix, or the apple cart never gets upset. These professional idiots want to keep status quo so they can never be blamed.

You can hate Trump's Tweets, I do, you can even hate the man, BUT he is pushing back and Americans should at lease support that one thing. Get out of China come back to the Americas, setup factories in South America that will keep people home. We get the cheap products once again without having the monster of China trying to rule us in all directions. China is in trouble as 800 million people moved into middle class that were in poverty two decades ago. They want more and China will take a huge hurt as those people will not be willing to go backwards into poverty.

edit on 24-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Anyhoo is this trade war not about tariffs and commerce than about human rights violations or harvesting organs?

I think they are directly tied since a good portion of the "cheap labor" has been through the 're-education through forced labor program" . In other words, the companies over there (Foxconn et al) have willingly turned a blind eye to the cheap labor being maintained via a large part as slave or nearly slave labor (i.e. forced, not just low wages). There is a huge network of labor camps that contract to 'manufacturers' there. The vast majority of the people in there are political or religious "prisoners". This has been highlighted and documented by the (useless) UN many times.

We wouldn't trade with Nazi Germany. This is no different. Sometimes morality costs money. Nobody is saying we have some grand moral high ground, but it has to start somewhere and shouldn't be ignored just because we aren't perfect either.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join