It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The markets were rocked again today, due to trumps wonderful economy.

Luckily I think we'll see some recovery next week, as obamas economy kicks back in.

In the long run I think china will fold and obamas economy will persevere and send markets even higher.

*sigh*

Obama

pbuh

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
And here I was thinking that the reason behind all this was :
1) China's very high tariffs on incoming goods from other countries.
2) US and other world countries very low tariffs on Chinese products.

I guess some folks , who do not think for themselves , would not see that as a problem.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
I'm sure most see the problem, the so called strategy
to fix the problem is what the fuss is about.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Talk to the flipping companies and investors. That's where the bulk of the latest tax cut went to. how much went to increasing our domestic production capability compared to what was spent shipping it overseas?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
And here I was thinking that the reason behind all this was :
1) China's very high tariffs on incoming goods from other countries.
2) US and other world countries very low tariffs on Chinese products.

I guess some folks , who do not think for themselves , would not see that as a problem.

Pardon my ignorance, but why should that be a problem?

Seems like everyone has been doing just on that system... But then, all off a sudden Trump tells us there's some huge problem with whole system and promises to fix it.

But ironically, the global economy has done nothing but weaken, ever since Trump stuck his big nose into something that was doing just fine before he had anything to do with it in the first place.

So what is his actual issue with China?

Is it seriously just some petty jealousy thing?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino
I believe that China never merited membership in the WTO. If we end up on a war footing with china soon, it would be incredibly responsible and forward thinking to be currently looking for alternatives to china based manufacturing

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Lumenari

Yawn...

So, do you actually have an opinion on Trump's comments?

Or (as usual) are you just here to launch personal attacks on people that you (for some odd reason) perceive yourself to be superior too?

Do you have an opinion on it, or are you (as usual) just donning your vag hat and sky-screaming in a Trump thread because Orange Man Bad?

Yeah, I can't say much about vag hats, or whatever else.

But, I honestly feel like Trump had a good thing going at first... But due to his over inflated ego his on a downward spiral and going to take the entire US (global) economy down with him.

I predict some dark days to come for the global economy, due to this whole Trump worshipping nonsense.

Normal Trump voters don't actually worship Trump... that's just projection from the left because they need a cult leader to keep them voting against their own interests.

I can't stand the guy on a personal level... listening to him makes me want to stab my ears out with a pencil.

However, he is getting sh!t done that needs done.

So he's a much better option then the Party of Stupid Ideas.

And of course you are predicting an economic downturn... it's your only hope of getting in some asshat that will crater what's left of it.

I think the term is cutting off your nose to spite your face...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Brilliant!

Its nothing but a tweet!! no law, no nothing, but its a big shot across the bow for China

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: interupt42

"So what do the supporters of free trade and open markets believe? "

So what does the all caring left think about using slave labor with no worker rights, low pay, and no piece of the pie?

Go to Walmart and ask your neighbours.

So your ok with inequality and slave labor exploited by corporate america ?

Im not a trump supporter , but by the end of his term he is going to have the left fighting for racism,inequality, and corporate america. He is at a master troll level and the left is so blinded by hate that they are going against their own supposed ideals over what trump says.

edit on 12831America/ChicagoFri, 23 Aug 2019 22:12:04 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13831America/ChicagoFri, 23 Aug 2019 22:13:14 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am not a fan of unions much either. While they are sometimes necessary. They can gain too much power and cripple companies. Eastern Airlines anyone.

However companies aren't blameless for the outsourcing of jobs. They outsource for tax breaks. A loophole that should not exist.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Pardon my ignorance, but why should that be a problem?

Ignorance should not be pardoned , but corrected.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

If we go to war with china, the first thing they will do is dump all that paper onto the markets and tank our dollar over night.. if Russia and a few other countries join them, there's a possibility of blockades, even if we can find someone who will take out worthless paper in exchange for their good, we might have a problem getting them here. Mexico, canada, and south America might be stable trade routes but not sure about Europe, Asia, or the middle east. But, we really need to invest in our own manufacturing, preferably while keeping our environmental and labor laws in tact.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The Reeeeee is thick in this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: onthedownlow

If we go to war with china, the first thing they will do is dump all that paper onto the markets and tank our dollar over night..

if we go to war with China? The markets

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So...if he wants companies to bring it back to the US, does that mean his ass is going to bring his own Chinese-manufactured s# stateside, and his spoiled daughter's Chinese-manufactured s#, too? Or do they get a pass somehow?
edit on 8/23/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
remember back in 2016.....

Trump: Americanism, not globalism is our credo!

And that's another reason why Trump is awesome!

Trump sticks to his words. : )

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

All you really need for commerce is the ability to produce something other people will find useful, and for that other person to have something you find useful to trade you for.
We have plenty of coal, and between us. Canada, and Mexico we have plenty of oil... I think. We would probably be ok with food. But, I am pretty sure the us couldn't meet the needs of the population when it comes to clothing, and a few other items of necessities and a good portion of our population dont know how to do much of anything except sit in office cubicles all day..somewhere along the line we went from a manufacturing economy to Bush's service economy, not realizing that those who serve are the servants of others.
Would really like to know, just what has trump done?
Hes seems to have ticked off most of our allies.
Hes killing our farmers in this trade war..
It's also gonna increase the cost of our goods..
And, he ain't accomplishing squat by ordering our companies to find suppliers outside of china!
We need to get ourselves out of this "service economy" and back to manufacturing most of the products we need and want.
He should have tied some strings on those tax cuts he gave the rich... ensure that the money stayed here, invested in this country and not used to just relocate plants overseas. It took govt pandering to big corps and investors to get us into this position, they now have to use those carrots to convince them to move in a direction that gets us out.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

no way we need unions.
imagine iphones being made in detroit or chicago, and the workers are making 25-30 bucks an hour.
the ONLY 'profits' that will be 'lower' are the profits for the execs themselves.

sneakers in china are made for 8 bucks a pair. sneakers in the USA are made for 20 bucks a pair. nike sells them for 220 bucks. nike wants that extra 12 bucks to give to their internati0nal investors and execs.

nike is STILL making 100 dollars in profit. but nike wants to make 112 bucks profit per pair.

watch the film HOFFA, to find out why we need unions.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Ya. They lured us into this with the cheap products, but now that we are hooked, the shoes were more affordable when they were made here in the states, even without the cheap slave labor.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join