It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

I don't know why China trade hasn't worked. The Industrial estates where I live, are not factories anymore, they are big where houses full of goods imported from China. If you consider that the Where houses were once factories where the boss had to pay for labor and raw materials, then he worked out the cost of just importing the product from China. Its actually cheaper! he makes a lot more money, has no pesky labor problems either. Now the problem is the people he sells his product to don't have any money because of no paying jobs to buy them. But he isn't that worried because he has already sold the business at a profit to a Chinese company, who uses its own labor because it pays the few remaining people that are left less money as it has to compete with the falling sales, which stabilize as the West pays money to people even if they haven't got a job. Win win all round...Yes I'm being sarcastic

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Duderino

Surprise surprise a country reacts to tariffs put on it's goods by imposing reciprocal tariffs and Trump flips his lid.

He seems to be getting worse.

Australia is next.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

It's lik

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: burdman30ott6

just how is it screwing america to con china into making our crap for us in exchange for little pieces of paper that are only worth what they are because we say they are? especially when our last banking fiasco showed just how fraudulent our economy is? we end up with usable goods, they end up with a ton of paper, or electonic bits and bites that ya, they can use to purchase stuff, but they do seem to have an excess of it. which is also a national security issue, since if they ever decided to dump all that paper onto the market, our dollar would free fall into worthlessness probably.

Did you never study post depression US history? The manufacturing sector built the largest, most prosperous, strongest middle class the world has ever seen here in the USA. I'd argue to my last breath that allowing that sector to freely leave us for China, Taiwan, Korea, and Mexico was a royal screw job and is the number 1 reason this country is looking at a lot of the issues we currently see today, including the wealth gap, rampant homelessness, the welfare state, and a generation of lazy ass bastards who think the country should pay for them in any endeavor they wish to undertake rather than recognizing you get what you earn in this life.

The core of capitalism is that it knows no borders nor nationality. It only knows profit, I don't understand why so many of you Americans don't get that. There is no room for patriotism in capitalism.

trump understands it, as does his daughter Ivanka.

www.reuters.com...

www.providencejournal.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The core of capitalism is that it knows no borders nor nationality. It only knows profit, I don't understand why so many of you Americans don't get that. There is no room for patriotism in capitalism.

That's some grade A horseflop. Open border free trade capitalism only works when all parties are dealing with the same conditions and restrictions. The US, or at least one party in the US, spent the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s slapping huge detriments to domestic production onto this country in the form of environmental restrictions China and others don't have to deal with, minimum wage standards China and others do not have to deal with, and taxes China and others do not have to deal with... if we're going to talk about the core of capitalism, fine let's do it... EPA gets neutered, OSHA... gone, minimum wage is no more and wages are again governed by the market, and taxation is flat tax only... now watch us roll. Capitalism and free market works, but not in the very real nation of intentional barriers to it working that the enemies of capitalism have constructed over the years.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

non sequitur much? I didn't blame the workers for it, although I will say the unions do not have clean hands in this in any way.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just waiting for the right wingers to be on board with a fascist dictatorship

Anyway...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The Chinese pegging the Yuan to the dollar is the main problem. It's simply unfair to American manufacturing. We could pay off our national debt, put everyone through college, and still Chinese workers would be 1/6 the cost of American workers.

I think we should have a proportional tariff system that changes every year automatically based on trade imbalance.

Why should the Chinese make trillions of dollar using American roads, bridges, infrastructure, and commonwealth to make trillions of dollars selling their products and NOT pay a single dime for the upkeep of our country's infrastructure???? It's very unfair.

edit on 23-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Stock Market is starting to react. It's trumps economy..he owns it both the ups and downs.

Crashes are great for meπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: olaru12
Stock Market is starting to react. It's trumps economy..he owns it both the ups and downs.

Crashes are great for meπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

We could see a 30% drop.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Anyway...

There's real political power in scapegoating.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Some people might just also prefer the middle ground, maybe the 2 nations could sit down and try to act rationally rather than emotionally and with tit for tat tariff increases in an ever repeating cycle of 'but they are worse than us' both nations would benefit from working together, would they not?

China is a Communist country and they want to own the world on a 100 year plan and they are doing very good...well ahead of schedule.

IS THIS NEW> Bush leased our ports to them, compromising security.

US companies have been allowed to flock to China and other countries for cheep and oppressed labor with no backlash at all for years!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Anyway...

Herp Derp. You sound just like George Soros! Be proud! Be very proud.....

You have no morals or principles if you think it's cool to make money off of corruption! One of your buds just died today. I believe his last name was Koch?

Sleep well tonight my uneducated friend! If you don't have the physical gold or silver in your possession? You don't have squat! All of those fake 1's and 0's you think you have? Are worth as much as the letters I typed.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's some grade A horseflop. Open border free trade capitalism only works when all parties are dealing with the same conditions and restrictions. The US, or at least one party in the US, spent the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s slapping huge detriments to domestic production onto this country in the form of environmental restrictions China and others don't have to deal with, minimum wage standards China and others do not have to deal with, and taxes China and others do not have to deal with... if we're going to talk about the core of capitalism, fine let's do it... EPA gets neutered, OSHA... gone, minimum wage is no more and wages are again governed by the market, and taxation is flat tax only... now watch us roll. Capitalism and free market works, but not in the very real nation of intentional barriers to it working that the enemies of capitalism have constructed over the years.

Well said.
It has me in stitches when I see liberals scream about some of the things you mention.. like crying about the EPA's influence being reduced and banging on about $15 min wage.. then in the next breath are pearl clutching at Trump's affront to free markets. I'm starting to think it's actually not hypocrisy on their part, more that they are just ignorant.
edit on 23/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Truth is, we have a POTUS who is challenging the status quo, Leftist HATE AMERICA, so is it ever any surprise to see threads and responses of this nature??

You know, I have no sides and I am waiting for our true leader.

But I have to say, many people disagree with any and every president on many things and say so, but only a few on here show hate to their fellow man American or otherwise.

I feel sad to see someone thing they can just take half the country and say they "hate" when it is yourself and the few others who are the ones saying it constantly.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I ain't disagreeing with you.. except you forgot japan.
What you are complaining about started in the 70s and one of its first casualties was the textile industry.. but, we are in the mess we are because we wanted to exploit and screw other countries. I mean how many companies are ranking in bundles in profits by letting their products be produced by what is essentially slave labor? How many American consumers enjoy the cheap products those slaves produce?
Quite frankly, through the decades it seems that the only ones who have been complaining have been those that found themselves displaced and out of a job while everyone chose to ignore them because all they saw was the benefit. And, quite frankly it was those on the right that were the most callous when they complained in recent times.
But it's like when the right wants to cut out all the social programs after its gotten to the point where our economy has become so dependent on all that money flowing through it, yous seem to think that we can just cut the imports and everything will be just fine. It won't be. Its gonna take time, and a very well thought out plan..
The problem isnt China, its us.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: Arnie123

Truth is, we have a POTUS who is challenging the status quo, Leftist HATE AMERICA, so is it ever any surprise to see threads and responses of this nature??

You know, I have no sides and I am waiting for our true leader.

But I have to say, many people disagree with any and every president on many things and say so, but only a few on here show hate to their fellow man American or otherwise.

I feel sad to see someone thing they can just take half the country and say they "hate" when it is yourself and the few others who are the ones saying it constantly.

Sorry - you're talking tripe.
If your post was in any way genuine, you'd acknowledge the reality of the leftist media and the constant hatred and division spewed day after day. It's completely understandable and rational to think that the left are all about hatred given the medias focus and the failure of left leaning individuals to criticise the media.
I don't think you are in any way genuine. It's clear you most certainly do have 'a side'.
edit on 23/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Is is greed or just good business?

Both but there was a time when the world looked to USA goods because they knew they were quality, WE knew they were quality! Today you can buy maytag and the parts are the same chinese parts that are in the lowest cost appliance, it is all the same THEY are all the same, people are talking buying quality, which is funny because none are any different any more!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree that we are the problem, but not for the reasons you listed. The price difference between foreign and domestic products isn't what it once was for consumers. Corporations have increased profit margins considerably to make more money... which is fine, but the government shouldn't be allowing it to better our competitors.

But it's like when the right wants to cut out all the social programs after its gotten to the point where our economy has become so dependent on all that money flowing through it, yous seem to think that we can just cut the imports and everything will be just fine. It won't be. Its gonna take time, and a very well thought out plan..

I disagree. Necessity is the mother of invention and Americans are nothing if not resilient. We can change it all in the blink of an eye and come out the other side stronger than we've ever been... but those unwilling to carry their own weight and determined to obstruct will have to be run over and left behind. I'm willing to make that sacrifice, hell... I've been begging for the US to make that sacrifice for the past 20 years. It's time.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why the hell do you care why i care?

It's simply not as simple as right or left DBCowboy.

I buy products from the US that are made in China, end of the day the cost will be passed along to the customer no matter where they hail from on the globe.

It's rather clear, i want the best possible product for the best possible price, just like everyone else in there correct frame of mind.

How will taxing the 1%ers more, place a burden on the American consumers, unless "they" decide to pass the cost along?
edit on 23-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Herp Derp

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join