It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Mate if your POTUS don't calm down soon you will be the next Nazi Germany.

And that's unfortunate, considering your constitution.

Go back to building wondrous, marvelous, extraordinary big things and technology.

And leave all this right-wing bull crap alone.

The world needs the old America back, the one that we respected and looked up to, that lesser nations aspired to become or emulate.
edit on 24-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's all just a cover for the Recent Epstein news, little Donny was flying Jeffery and his sex slaves on his private jet.

Trump Lolita Express.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

We wouldn't trade with Nazi Germany.

That's not true. There was no American trade embargo on Hitler's Germany until Germany declared war on the USA, on Dec 9th 1941. As a matter of fact, some of the largest US corporations supported Hitler and his propaganda machine. Metro Goldwyn Mayer, DuPont, General Motors, Ford, Lockheed, Standard Oil are among some of the corporations that did profitable business with Hitler.

Then, there's Prescott Bush.

While there is no suggestion that Prescott Bush was sympathetic to the Nazi cause, the documents reveal that the firm he worked for, Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH), acted as a US base for the German industrialist, Fritz Thyssen, who helped finance Hitler in the 1930s before falling out with him at the end of the decade. The Guardian has seen evidence that shows Bush was the director of the New York-based Union Banking Corporation (UBC) that represented Thyssen's US interests and he continued to work for the bank after America entered the war.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: highvein

Let me guess. If you were President you would just let them win. You wouldn't even try to put the U.S. first.

Please explain how imposing tariffs and starting a trade war with a country like China that will harm your economy is putting your country first.

American tech companies need Rare Earth materials , China has Rare Earth materials which is why American companies use Chinese companies.
Get ready for price rises.

I’ve said this before but I will reiterate. The tariffs to defeat China’s unfair trade practices aren’t for us. They’re for our children and grandchildren .

They need to be able to compete in the world market or they have no future .

I don’t mind tighten my belt to help future generations.

Anybody that doesn’t agree should rethink their position .

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Are you under the impression that Trump has the power to order them to do anything? I don't think so. The president makes a very good point as part of his negotiations with the Chinese, we don't need them, they need us. We can get cheap crap from anywhere, including the US. They need us for things like food and energy.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I haven't noticed any American belt tightening as a result of this anyhow, they devalued their currency to their own people will suffer instead of American consumers while their leaders wage this futile trade war. It will probably continue until Trump is reelected, the Chinese are waiting to see what happens.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

We wouldn't trade with Nazi Germany.

That's not true. There was no American trade embargo on Hitler's Germany until Germany declared war on the USA, on Dec 9th 1941. As a matter of fact, some of the largest US corporations supported Hitler and his propaganda machine. Metro Goldwyn Mayer, DuPont, General Motors, Ford, Lockheed, Standard Oil are among some of the corporations that did profitable business with Hitler.

Then, there's Prescott Bush.

While there is no suggestion that Prescott Bush was sympathetic to the Nazi cause, the documents reveal that the firm he worked for, Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH), acted as a US base for the German industrialist, Fritz Thyssen, who helped finance Hitler in the 1930s before falling out with him at the end of the decade. The Guardian has seen evidence that shows Bush was the director of the New York-based Union Banking Corporation (UBC) that represented Thyssen's US interests and he continued to work for the bank after America entered the war.

www.theguardian.com...

Fine. If you want to argue that it is good to trade with a malevolent dictatorship, then you win. Whatever excuse you need to keep propping up the CCP.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wow, 15 pages in (unless I missed it somewhere) and not a single mention that Congress gave the president the power to do this in 1977.

International Emergency Economic Powers Act

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Brilliant!

Its nothing but a tweet!! no law, no nothing, but its a big shot across the bow for China

Except he is quoting the 1977 IEEPA as the reason he can order companies to stop doing business with China. If he can force companies to do this, he would. I wonder how far his sheep will follow his idiot, once it starts impacting them, their families, and their friends. People are clueless if they really think American companies can easily move their supply chain away from China. For many countries, it would take months or even years to fully shift their imports from another country. And again it's clueless to think that the other countries (including the U.S.) can magically make up the margin of supplies that were received from China.

In computing, there is already a hit in the U.S. whenever something occurs in China that impacts their chip plants. Prices go up, and I've seen computers and servers get delayed by weeks. If we received nothing from China? Well, it wouldn't be pretty. Trump (and his constituents) are daft if they think we can easily just "go somewhere else" when it comes to imports from China.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It's okay. You go ahead and live in your mental bubble, where Trump cares about human rights. That's what this is all about, Trump's concern for the human rights violations and low wages China's workers are paid. That's the ticket!

edit on 24-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yeah. You missed it. It's been mentioned.

Did Trump declare an economic national emergency? I must have missed it.

Kinda ironic if he does though, considering he keeps touting how excellent our economy is, because of him!

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's okay. You go ahead and live in your mental bubble, where Trump cares about human rights. That's what this is all about, Trump's concern for the human rights violations and low wages China's workers are paid. That's the ticket!

Regardless of the motivations, or who is doing it, defunding the CCP is the right thing to do. The fact that you won't support it because 'Orange man bad', or it hurts your wallet tells me all about your moral fiber. I suppose you would stand there and drool if a known pedophile is trying to put out an apartment fire and asks for your help.

I don't care if Feinstein calls for sanctions or moves against the CCP, I will support it because it's right and you should too. If there was ever a cause everyone should agree on, it is this.
edit on 24-8-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I’ve said this before but I will reiterate. The tariffs to defeat China’s unfair trade practices aren’t for us. They’re for our children and grandchildren . They need to be able to compete in the world market or they have no future . I don’t mind tighten my belt to help future generations. Anybody that doesn’t agree should rethink their position .

Does that include trump and Ivanka having their products mfg. in Asia and China? Or are they above the law?

www.newsweek.com...

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 24-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He doesn't have to base it on that.

Her can start with an existing EO (www.federalregister.gov...) or sign a new one with predatory trade as the predicate.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Regardless of the motivations, or who is doing it, defunding the CCP is the right thing to do.

Again, you're living in a fantasy if you think Trump cares anything about the fact that China is a communist country, violating the human rights of its residents and citizens. Trump only cares about money, and about striking a trade deal in his image, for his own posterity.

He's patronizing Chinese religious zealots by pretending to adopt their moniker for him, "The Chosen One", because they believe Trump was sent by God to destroy communism. Trump hasn't signed on to that particular agenda. This is not a moral war. It's a trade war, supposedly, an easy one to win!

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Does this apply to reducing CO2 emissions as well? Seems that encouraging coal production is somewhat short sighted.

But it does play well in a few places.

edit on 8/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

That was May 15th. By June 29th, he changed his tune.

www.msn.com... anging-news-conference/ar-AADBabu

President Trump on Saturday agreed to scale back restrictions on Chinese technology giant Huawei and delay new tariffs from going into effect against Chinese goods as part of an effort to restart trade talks with Chinese leader Xi Jinping.

The major concessions, which came on the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit, came after more than a month of acrimonious fighting between two of the world’s largest economies. Trump expressed hope that the measures would lead to a large trade deal with China, though major issues remain and it’s unclear whether a long-term detente is within reach.
………..
A number of Democrats and Republicans had cheered Trump’s crackdown against Huawei, but Trump said Saturday he had agreed to lift some of his new restrictions after discussing the matter with Xi. He said he would allow U.S. technology companies to sell their products to Huawei, something that had been banned under his recent action, and that he would be meeting with aides very soon about rolling back even more restrictions.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: interupt42

"So what do the supporters of free trade and open markets believe? "

So what does the all caring left think about using slave labor with no worker rights, low pay, and no piece of the pie?

Go to Walmart and ask your neighbours.

So your ok with inequality and slave labor exploited by corporate america ?

Im not a trump supporter , but by the end of his term he is going to have the left fighting for racism,inequality, and corporate america. He is at a master troll level and the left is so blinded by hate that they are going against their own supposed ideals over what trump says.

No, where did you get that idea? my point was getting at anyone who shops at walmart, which is pretty much everyone.. gave up caring long ago. And going further, Trumps motivations are not the poor exploited workers in China.

And on the world stage, act like a troll, and get treated like one..the troll thing aint workin!

We do have a problem with China, no doubt about it! tariff wars are not the solution..imho.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Does this apply to reducing CO2 emissions as well? Seems that encouraging coal production is somewhat short sighted.

But it does play well in a few places.

China Emits More CO2 than US and EU combined

China's emissions passed those of the U.S. in 2005, and by 2012 had surpassed the combined contribution of both the U.S. and the EU. Should recent trends continue, China will be responsible for the most atmospheric carbon dioxide in less than 20 years.

Based upon your question - any slowdown in Chinese economy should be viewed as beneficial and you should be cheering Trump on in this regard.
edit on 24-8-2019 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

People are clueless if they really think American companies can easily move their supply chain away from China. For many countries, it would take months or even years to fully shift their imports from another country.

Yep. And big corporations know that if they take Trump seriously on this, and begin to invest elsewhere, he's just going to back peddle and flip flop as soon as China pays him a compliment.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join