It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders American companies leave China

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

American's don't pay tariff's directly nor fully in most cases, it's at wholesale importer level.

Seller (China) can reduce price (it did) Importer can absorb or products have higher retail price making uncompetitive resulting in reduced sales.

Plus consumer always has choice to participate or not.

This is why one sees no attributed inflation from current tariff's - what I directly see is more jobs where I'm located directly from past tariff's.
edit on 24-8-2019 by Phoenix because: Sp

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

This is why one sees no attributed i,flatiron from current tariff's - what I directly see is more jobs where I'm located directly from past tariff's.

What I've seen is steady increase in jobs from 2010 through 2017 with the curve flattening after that.
data.bls.gov...

What I've seen is the cost of a building we were getting ready to build increasing by .75 million dollars due to the steel tariff and the primary developer bailing out on the project.

edit on 8/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah wouldn't you just love to see your Clyde buzzing again with shipbuilding? We can have than again mate. If we want it we can have it and that may even lead to a united kingdom if the people are given a dream of a future. We really do need to get everywhere outside London buzzing again with positivity, if it means letting Trump run our country then yes let him give it a shot. We need someone like Trump who is going to stand up for the workers and not get Chinaeeeeeeezzified leading to all the working going east to the Commies and our young people having no hope and getting hooked on heroin and badness. Good on Trump
He speaks the truth

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Officially licensed MAGA hats are all made in America

Where. Citation please.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: frenchfries

Is messing with the markets just to troll someone the act of an adult or a child?

You mean, is trolling like what you're doing childish?

Yes. it is.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: funbobby

Officially licensed MAGA hats are all made in America

Where. Citation please.

Official Trump MAGA hats are made in the US

CLAIM: Trump’s “Make America Great Again” caps are made in China, not the U.S.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The hats are made by a manufacturer in California.

The AP continues:

THE FACTS: A post circulating on Facebook with a picture of a red MAGA hat that bears a “Made in China” label falsely claims President Donald Trump’s official caps are not made in the U.S. Such claims have circulated for years on social media and have re-surfaced in recent months as the president engages in a tariff war with China.

Brian Kennedy, president of Cali Fame of Los Angeles, a California-based company that makes the official hats, confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday that the hats are produced entirely in Carson, Calif.

edit on 24-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Unfortunately, i really don't see any major shipbuilding coming back to Glasgow in the way of centuries past.

And if it did 9/10 of the construction processes will probably be automated by the time it ever happened.

As to drugs, heroin included, i would legalize the lot, thus remove the criminality that surrounds there sale and use, introduce quality control, tax appropriately and fund the rehabilitation projects for the people who required them in the proper manner.

Trumps a monkey with a big bag of spanners, i just hope he drops them on his toes.
edit on 24-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Trump is just what we need here on the UK to rebalance our economy. Thngd gone too far whole communities wrecked and on heroin as the jobs gone and no hope for the future, Corporate execs all need sorting out and racing their profits if they do not employ locals to do the work, I love Trump what a legend in the making

We are willing to make a trade. What have you got?

We are too mate.................... Very willing to make a trade. What do we have, er lots of golf courses, bring in them Yanks play our courses, especially the Scotti Irish people living in the USA type like Trump come home and play an 18 holer.

Speak at times the sam elanguage

Lots of Whiskey
You like it
?

Pretty decent aircraft engines from Rolls Royce............ Bolt em on your Boeings

Film studios and actors.............. Same language and understandinh

Poodle type puppie like in tyhe Bush era
Sending in the boys alongside your military. Gotta be worth something in trade terms? Support us next time the Spaniards in south America want our islands?

Cars............. Lots of nice Landies and Jaguars , Mclarens, Lotus', Rolls cars and Beteys

Maybe vacations to te mother countery you shook off? Come and visit

Beer............................ Lots of thyat in tye British Isles
We can send you loads of proper warm
beer. I read some records of the first Roman invasion of Britain 2000 years ago.............................. The Romans were flabagasted how much beer Brits drank

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The crazy thing is Glasgow still has the skills, yes still alive, to start making kick ass ships again, heck you guys were the best in the world at it and more
The only thing that stops the people coming off the trolley pushing jobs and getting this country going again is exchange rates (London0 and that is something if we all wanted could be put right

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Believe it or not, those skills are a lost art these days, especially where welding and riveting are concerned.

Thing is through we don't even construct ocean-going vessels, in the same manner, these days as we did in the 1900s

You will never sell me on Brexit ufoorbhunter we simply did not vote for it up here.

As to Trump, the UK needs him right now about as much as it needs Fentanyl-Laced Crack Cocaine or a bullet to the fore dome.

Anyhoo he will have his own recession to contend with soon enough if he keeps up this piss and wind.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Sorry mate don't believe it, you Clyde boys defo have the skills
You still make some good boats up there
The era o Clyde wasn't tat long ago. It can be rekindled easily if needed, it's all numbers / finance / numbers / London
/ numbers / finance / London
/ numbers...................... You Scots are the best in the world................. Heck you run the premier state on Planet Earth to this day being the most successful immigrant group to North America................ Plus you got Trump

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Not many of those boys about these days that constructed the like of say the Titanic.

And it's not like they wrote how to do it down in books.

There's a difference between the 33rd Degree Scottish Masonic Rite Masons and the average Scotsman ufoorbhunter.

Nothing against Massons all the same, some of them do good work.
edit on 24-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by andy06shake removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join