It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump asks if Federal Reserve bigger enemy than China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

President Donald Trump responded to the news of China's $75 billion in new tariffs on US goods by attacking Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell on Twitter suggesting the central bank is as big of a threat to the US economy as Beijing.

www.msn.com...

Now THIS to me is something that has not been questioned by Trump nearly enough. For all the hailing of Trump for his revolutionary conservatism, he seems to have , at least so far,not taken them to task enough.

Anyone who has been at least an observer of conservative positions over the last few decades will have noticed that the Federal Reserve has been seen as a prime culprit for our fiscal weaknesses and needs to be held to more account by the American people.

This would be by most conservative standards a top priority issue, reigning in the Fed. Is it not time for Trump to take this matter well in hand and call out the Fed for what they really are?

Should Trump just give a little verbal slap to the Fed or should he take charge and make them more accountable to the American people.

Is the Fed a bigger enemy than China or is Trump just blowing more coffeffe bubbles.

PS, I know it's not coffeffe, or even couffefeie or whatever coffeestain, it's dosen't matter. it's all psycho-babble rap to me. (alan parsons project 1982)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Trump is right! For years the truth has been know about our banking system. Yet I guess it takes Trump to say something and automatically everything know is now false...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Well Seeker, there you are. I was just wondering that I had not seen you around lately.

So yes, here, I agree with his statement, that the Fed could be our largest enemy. But will his words here be just that? Words? Or will he back them up with action, will he now with his big microphone call them to task and help the American public to become aware of their power over our economy? Or will he just let it slide and go back to other sand in his ointment.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Is it not time for Trump to take this matter well in hand and call out the Fed for what they really are?

You are talking about this matter because Trump just said something about it.......

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
He's right...
The last president to question such entities and systems ended up in the morgue. If he has any hope of taking on this octopus it will be at the end of his second term after he has removed the majority of it's tentacles.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nutsdramatus

Yes I am. Because Trump is talking about it.

Finally.

But my question stands. Given the priority that many in the conservative community have placed on the issue of the Federal Reserve over that last couple of decades, it would seem that this would be a high priority issue with Trump as well. Yet, there has been little out of him about the Fed until now. So yes, I am bringing it up NOW. Because he has finally brought it up to national attention.

So will he stick to this? Will he give it the attention it deserves or will he just let it slide off to the bullrushes again.

Seems to me that if he really is the spear head of conservatism in America today he will continue to focus on it. If he dosen't then to me at least it will call him out for a fraud.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
He's right

China wait on a Dovish Fed before dropping the tariff news, of Powell would have dropped rates maybe the market wouldn't have tanked

oh well, good for me not good for everyone else
edit on 23-8-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

When did Hillary call out the FED?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Quick question. . .

Do we still want to "End the Fed" or do we now support "the Fed" because Trump is critical of the Fed?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, IT'S THE FED.

These are the bogeymen and as one user said, anyone that mentions them end up on the morgue.

This is a GOOD THING.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nutsdramatus

HIllery? Who cares. She lost and would lose again. THis is not about HIllery or can you not see that. Trump is Potus and considered by many to be the spear head of making America great again. Those that support him should be hounding him to keep on badgering the Fed if not out right demanding to kill it.

HOw about you Nuts. Are you a Trump supporter? Yes, No? Do you see the threat the Fed presents to a free democracy or not? Is he your president or not. Tell him what you want to do, don't just divert to what's her name.. That is just, lazy.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Good, hope he starts picking at that scab on the body of America till it is bleeding freely and we have a chance to heal from its abuse.

But most likely nothing will ever happen... but its a nice dream. (the end of the federal reserve that is)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And that is a valid question DB. Will the liberals, no, forget them, they are only liberal and just in bed with the Fed as are other capitalists. So will progressives and other far left defend the Fed because Trump has attacked them? If they do it will point them out as not being far leftist at all wouldn't it? Far leftists defending the Fed? That would make no sense other than them just opposing Trump.

If they do defend the Fed, that makes them not far left at all. See my reasoning? Me, I do not defend the Fed and am interested in just how far Trump will go in calling them to task. Will he keep up the pressure on them or will he just let it slide. Big question don't you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

At least this will illustrate how much power the Fed actually has.

Maybe then we can all agree who is finally calling all the shots around here.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yes, it is a good thing, that is if he follows it up. As one poster pointed out, I am bringing it up now because Trump has brought it up. Yes indeed, that is why. Because Trump has now with his huge megaphone begun to challenge it. It needs to be challenged on a wide scope with bright lights. Yes indeed.

But my question still stands, will Trump follow up. And yes, as you point out, some have gone missing after questioning the fed. But Trump must know this. He certainly did not think that he could challenge the powers that be without opening himself up to personal threat did he? Could he be that naive?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

At least this will illustrate how much power the Fed actually has.

Maybe then we can all agree who is finally calling all the shots around here.

BINGO. In this war this not only could be but should be the opening shots of the true battle, the battle of the American people and the banking system. General Trump should sound the charge huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's not the FED system.

It's the people RUNNING the FED system !! 😎

Worldwide Central Banking is the NWO 😎

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's not the FED system.

It's the people RUNNING the FED system !! 😎

Worldwide Central Banking is the NWO 😎

I disagree. It is the Fed and not just the people running it. It is the tip of the iceberg of the entire banking system that is robbing the entire world. That makes it as you say the Worldwide Central Banking system. The people who run it are people who believe in that system because they have been raised in that system. They ARE the system.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

The last president to question such entities and systems ended up in the morgue.

Who was that and how did he question it?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAY1980

The last president to question such entities and systems ended up in the morgue.

Who was that and how did he question it?

That cheap $2 question will never be answered 🚬

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join