It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Heading For a New Civil War?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Fingers crossed!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Who would you be killing?

What do they look like? How did you find them?

There seems to be a disconnect in the logistics of this civil war idea.

It's a mater of public record.

www.ncsl.org...

Here is one of many apps for that.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This isn't a Crips vs Bloods gang colors fight.

You know all about the Crips and Bloods, eh Cowboy....?

edit on 23-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Paul is a lefty.

edit on 8/23/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Do YOU specifically want to kill your fellow American over politics

When you spend years demonizing your opponent to the point of "inhumane, Nazi" etc then killing is justified to those who have spent those years demonizing.

What's the bounty on deplorables?

An excellent point. A nation divided cannot stand. And if you have intense hatred (left towards the right) and they take power many have already said they are going to get revenge.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I guess a good question is what would be the spark that sets the whole thing off? Riots in LA, NYC, Portland, Chicago, Baltimore, etc. is not going to fire up the rural flyover folks. We would just shrug it off as big city living conditions. To illustrate, the people of Cincinnati wouldn’t bother to make the trip to Cleveland fight. They wouldn’t go at all unless it was to help.

So what would get people to fight? Being drafted, which was common practice in the North during the Civil War. Are the sides that drawn to support a draft? No that are not.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777
While there would be armed combat in many areas of the nation should there be a civil war, that would not be the critical factor. In the US, most cities with populations over 200 thousand have a three day supply of food on hand at any given time. In the Northeast, that population threshold is much lower.
For the most part food is grown, processed, and transported to cities from "Red" regions by "Red" voters. Cities full of "Blue" voters have to eat. After about 6 - 10 days of "food insecurity", these urbanites will move out of their comfort zones looking for food. They have zero training for living off the land, and will be equally helpless when confronted with armed opponents on their own turf.
In essence, it will not be so much a civil war as a massacre.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

The "majority" had no voice in the American Revolution and the American Civil War. You apparently read the minimum required history in school. Dump the textbooks and read real history: diaries, new paper accounts, family correspondence. All freely available.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There would not be much of a war because the left have given up all their weapons, or never had any , I believe.

/quoteI
I hear from many on the Left that we won't have a civil war because Law Enforcement and the military will swoop in and crush the snuggle-toothed, uneducated, meth-head Right.
My question is: who exactly do you think law enforcement and the military are made up of? SJW's? Antifa? Due to budgetary constraints and lack of a draft, a great portion of the ready combat troops in the US are in the National Guard. Unlike previous generations, these troops are combat tested and hardened. Generals, whether regular Army or NG,do NOT have access to weapons. It's the junior officers and senior NCO's who hold the keys.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Keep my answer simple

Do you want to kill your fellow American brother or sister over politics?

No I didnt think so, thats what most sane people believe

Unfortunately your thinking is very 20th century

I wouldn’t call communist or cultural Marxist fellow countrymen

You won’t have a country left

Mass immigration will ensure your country soon becomes somebody else’s country

The divide and rule strategy is play out right now, has been for decades

So the question is, will it go down without a fight

A civil war across every western country is imminent and completely engineered by the far left globalists
edit on 23-8-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

But what about all the non voters? Who do they join? Do they join anyone at all?
a reply to: scraedtosleep

They're spectators

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher4256

The "majority" had no voice in the American Revolution and the American Civil War. You apparently read the minimum required history in school. Dump the textbooks and read real history: diaries, new paper accounts, family correspondence. All freely available.

Forget history we are talking hypothetically, so would you be able to control yourself and refrain from killing or would you be ready to kill in the name of politics?

Do we all not have the ability to decide for ourselves? are you now suggesting this would be a conscriptional war? is it based on who you previously voted for? who do swing voters kill in the name of?

I dont belive myself there is any need for a war, Is America in such a bad state it can be compared to the times of the revolution or previous civil war, I thought times were good at the moment? Are you suggesting we the British are planning to invade? we got our own problems, imported chicken and all that

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Kill in the name of politics?

Like the Constitution?

Is that political?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic and I appreciate the discussion being held here. I do not believe that we will see a civil war in the context that occurred in our own history or like that occurring in other countries. I think what we will see is confined action in the urban environment between the ultra right and ultra left groups. I also think that it is going to take some significant act such as this to turn things around.

We are in an unprecedented time in our history. You have politicians calling people who voted for the other guy every horrible name in the book simply because they exercised their right to vote. You have politicians calling for acts of violence against the other party simply because they are the other party. We have celebrities and sports figures weighing in on how right they are and others who do not agree with them should be criticized and looked down upon. My personal beliefs are that most of these celebrities and sports people are nothing but a bunch of narcissists looking for attention. The fact that they are given this attention by others in control of the social media only makes matters worse.

I voted for Trump in 2016 and there are many who would classify me without knowing a damn thing about me. My vote is not because I think Trump is the best person for the job, my vote was because I could never vote for anybody who would classify or call voters deplorable. That is a complete disrespect for our system and in my mind that level of disrespect does not deserve my vote.

My family, including me is either current or retired law enforcement or military. We have this discussion in private and this topic is one of concern... not to fight, but to protect ourselves. I have seen gang wars and turf wars, lots of violence and mayhem. To me the worst incident of violence I have seen perpetrated against another human being was the Portland Antifa incident against the Ng or Ngo (?????). The goal of that attack was to seriously injure and maim. If Ng died, they would not have cared. And the worst part of that matter, I have not heard many politician or media outlets condemn that level of violence.

I am want to, and I am willing to talk and reach compromise. The only problem is it is difficult to find compromise with somebody who already knows everything about you without ever speaking to you and is willing to incite violence against you just because they have the microphone.

Thanks all,

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AlFeynman

Was there a cry for totalitarian gun control/confiscation when the GOP softball practice was fired upon by the Bernie Bro?

An anemic condemnation, even?

No it was pretty quiet on the gun grabber front. Why was that? Was it because “the enemy” was fired upon?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Keep my answer simple

Do you want to kill your fellow American brother or sister over politics?

No I didnt think so, thats what most sane people believe

You clearly haven't been paying attention to the discourse have you?

For a segment of the population, this isn't politics anymore. This is about morality and good and evil. Certain people are beyond the pale and not really human anymore because they're evil, not just American brothers and sisters with whom you or I might disagree.

When the discourse descends to that level, a crusade or an Inquisition and purge are entirely possible and not even considered immoral, not when those you're removing aren't even considered human, but are instead the "Other".

Do you think the Nazis thought they were killing their German brothers and sisters in those camps? What about in Rwanda? Do you think anyone cared about killing their Rwandan brothers and sisters? No? Well I'm sure the Turks cared about their brothers and sisters when they went after the Armenians, right?

Wait, modern America compares to these nations? is that what you are suggesting I am missing, dam I was only in America 4 years ago, how times have changed

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I completely agree, and this is part of my position that we are in a significant period of time in our history. I firmly believe that ignoring the acts of violence against people simply because they do not agree with you by the media and other politicians is tacit approval of these acts.

Last week 9 cops were shot and a few killed.... not a single word of outrage from the media or many politicians. This is not the status of the media that this country needs.

I worked in a very rough part of Southern CA. I almost never carried a weapon when I was off duty. I have been retired for a long time now.... because of my good standing retirement I had/have the authority to carry a weapon.... I have not, until recently. I really do find it very interesting that a number of people who know my history and whom attend group activities with me want me to be armed now days with I am with them. This fact is one I find interesting and scary.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Kill in the name of politics?

Like the Constitution?

Is that political?

Forget this left and right crap and just state would you kill a civilian because they offer a different view than you? I might want to build a wall and someone else does not want me to, can they shoot me? i might want to remove guns from society, you may not, would you shoot me? I may not want abortion, you may want it? should you shoot me?

Shooting people until we all agree will leave the human race with the sum total of......hold on while i calculate something.......1, thats right the last person on earth would be happy and in agreement with everyone else.

By the way if anyone read the link in the OP, they kinda suggest what I said, dont mean I am right though, I just dont wish to turn on the news one day to hear a country which is civilised, are now purging each other

from link in OP

Hopefully we can restore a sense of people having civil discourse on issues, being willing to cooperate, and not so quick to break into warring camps. The alternative is something that would merely result in needless bloodshed, much of our infrastructure damaged and the winner being the one with the most power. One thing is for sure, the winner would be unlikely to give up power once it was secured and what might evolve from there is anyone's guess.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I think freedom is something worth fighting for.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Fighting in the streets? Neighbor against neighbor? Sounds like somebody is getting fooled again.

edit on 23-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join