It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Heading For a New Civil War?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So are we heading for a new civil war?

yvancross.blogspot.com...

As noted in the article, civilizations are held together by fragile social bonds. If those are fractured then we return to the law of the jungle. Look at Libya today - that is what a "modern" civil war would look like. And one thing to keep in mind, even a small breakdown in society could destroy the infrastructure enough that people would starve, especially in the food deserts we call urban areas. Are we on our way to this future?

Civil War:
edit on 22-8-2019 by edward777 because: Correction

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

Keep my answer simple

Do you want to kill your fellow American brother or sister over politics?

No I didnt think so, thats what most sane people believe

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Keep my answer simple

Do you want to kill your fellow American brother or sister over politics?

No I didnt think so, thats what most sane people believe

It could be argued that every war is ultimately over politics. Rights, money, taxes, entitlements... all political in nature.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The question is not whether one wants it but rather if there are forces pushing us in that direction.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Do YOU specifically want to kill your fellow American over politics

No i didnt think so

So if the majority think this, it will not be a war but just some lunatics, which society has always had.

I hope the majority of Americans think this I have been known to be to optimistic before

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

My answer would be no.

You can easily compare the 1960s to now and of course there was no civil war then. In fact it was probably worse then.

The feud in our government between the Left and Right is the same as it has been historically. A constant battle for power. It's messy, but how our system works and for the most part it has served us well. The real difference now is the information overload making it look like it's far, far worse than it is.

The Internet is not reality, it's a demonstration of extremes and extremists. We get along just fine. The featuring of out of the norm nuts online and in politics bears little resemblance to how we interact in reality. Sure we feud over politics, but we are not going to grab our guns and start shooting, in fact violent crime per capita is far less than it was historically. We are actually less violent and more calm now.

Libya? Talk about mixing apples and oranges.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I can see it. Actually thought that was quickly becoming more possible between the current and the last president. There is certainly a massive division.

However... One side seems to be pushing so hard at the other, my guess is, at some point, someone is going to have enough spit in their face and they'll set it off and I don't mean republicans.

Just remember which side is better equipped. Oh the irony!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

No i didnt think so

So if the majority think this, it will not be a war but just some lunatics, which society has always had.

I hope the majority of Americans think this I have been known to be to optimistic before

I don't think the majority of people that get tied into a war "want" to kill those they're fighting against. The actual US Civil War was no exception, yet there we were, American killing more Americans than were killed all wars since combined. If it came down to a situation where my vitality, safety, freedom, rights, ability to secure my family were directly threatened... all issues which can easily be considered "politics" in nature, hand me a uniform.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'll agree with you in part.

Yes, the internet and the way word gets around and discussed on the internet makes it look so much worse than it is.

However, I will guess that most people think that it is worse and don't realise it's because of the freedom and speed of information that the internet allows. Many are just not used to that.

Right now, more people around me talk politics than EVER before, in my own experience. I've never seen family divided (not split but very divided and weary) as much as I do now. I used to think that not a single thing could ever have any of my family on my dad's side giving another stink eye but right now.... It happens. They've never ever in my 40+ years talked politics. Not they all have sides and the one that doesn't like Trump is said to be fools behind their backs and some just don't converse between sides anymore. Everyone is wearing a political badge of sorts now and I do believe the division will only bring the worst out in people.

But.... It's happening. Maybe not as bad as the 60s but I didn't see the 60s. Mine was the 70s. But I've never seen my family at odds with one another like I see now. The other side, my mom's side, they're all republicans so, doesn't matter. But to them, you're an idiot if you voted for Hillary. Once more... Never ever had they ever taken up the political mantle.

Sad to see.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Who would you kill first, men or women or children of said men and women, gotta be sure right?

To me I would never kill a fellow citizen over political issue's, call me stupid but words should always be equipped and compromise found, there can be no excuse for killing people because of issue's assigned to any political party, enter my castle and endanger my family is the only time for making a life changing decision.

We are discussing civil war not international war, So your neighbour disagrees with you and its pop,pop, bang bang your dead, my ideology was right sucker!!

I got more in common with you than against you, you bleed i bleed, you love your family i love mine, wanna share a beer sometime my wife makes good cakes also

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I'm just old enough to remember listening to the talk at the kitchen table coming from the adults. Kennedy split families and had them at each others throats. The Vietnam War had people at odds, even between parents and their children. The Civil Rights Act caused a lot of disagreement inside families. Cold War fears were a huge thing and I even remember the stack of plans for bomb shelters on the coffee table. Kennedy's assassination had people arguing.

My parents knew I was listening and fortunately they talked to me about what I was hearing. Even so, in day to day life, we all got along and there was no real chance of civil war. The politics was brutal then.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Are you so obtuse as to conflate the vile institution of slavery(read ‘states rights’ s Carolinians) to the langue politic’ of our time?

Honestly, is this what you are asking?

Do I want Texas and my neighboring states(?) to secede and bear arms against my fellow Americans?
If this is your point then you are either foreign, politically/historically/totally NAIVE or very very dense....my guess is that u are probably not on the brink of splitting [again] the atom, fusing the atom or accomplishing anything of intellectual splendor....

I’m actually offended by the utter and complete absurdity of your post....
Wow....you need to visit some of us in flyover country...we are not the inbred yokels your dismissive post seems to believe....
And I understand I am drawing conclusions based on the utter banality of your op....but wow, what a waste of time...

-Chris

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

When you spend years demonizing your opponent to the point of "inhumane, Nazi" etc then killing is justified to those who have spent those years demonizing.

What's the bounty on deplorables?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Whats the least you would do it for?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I don’t think the question is so much of Do you want to kill your fellow Americans as much as it is Do you still see these people as your fellow Americans? When the no’s overwhelmingly out number the yes’s then you have the potential.

I will say that the no’s are increasing from the perspective of both sides. The gun issue is just one of many trigger issues. And I will say this, there are far, far, far worse things than mass shootings that the sociopaths could be doing that are far, far, far easier and cheaper to pull off.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Never going to be another civil war.

IF - Trump wins by a landslide but is robbed by rigged vote counting
And IF - Someone like Hillary "wins"
And IF - taxes shoot up, the economy crashes and we enter the next Great Depression

Nah, everyones cool. right? It's Ok. We'll just focus harder and get out the vote.

I wonder what this site will be like come January 2021, once Trump is gone for good?

Maybe this place will clear out and we can get back to discussing hidden artifacts, portals to other dimensions and Sasquatch Subculture.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Whats the least you would do it for?

Do what?

Kill?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

We are discussing civil war not international war, So your neighbour disagrees with you and its pop,pop, bang bang your dead, my ideology was right sucker!!

See, you're not even discussing civil war there, you're discussing domestic violence. The idea of a civil war sort of centers around the formation of established sides each with some manner of authority matrix and governance. I don't know what you think a civil war is, but it sounds like you're confusing it with anarchy and riots.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Are We Heading For a New Civil War?

Yes, but it will quickly morph into a race war this time. There will be signs to bug out and you can run but you can't hide.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
not yet but
remember the other week when urban scum were dumping buckets of water on Baltimore City Police?
thats how it starts. breakdown of rule / law / order.
what happens when 'civil disobedience' takes over our cities and police are routinely defied, blocked and even assaulted?
in order to maintain rule of law do they move in with swat teams and armored vehicles?
if the drug gangers fire back is it civil war?
will democrats call on the police to stay out of the cities so as not to provoke people?
will police refuse en masse to enter certain areas?

that's the road we're on.
we really need the democrats to support police / rule of law

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join