It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Heading For a New Civil War?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: edward777

Keep my answer simple

Do you want to kill your fellow American brother or sister over politics?

No I didnt think so, thats what most sane people believe

You clearly haven't been paying attention to the discourse have you?

For a segment of the population, this isn't politics anymore. This is about morality and good and evil. Certain people are beyond the pale and not really human anymore because they're evil, not just American brothers and sisters with whom you or I might disagree.

When the discourse descends to that level, a crusade or an Inquisition and purge are entirely possible and not even considered immoral, not when those you're removing aren't even considered human, but are instead the "Other".

Do you think the Nazis thought they were killing their German brothers and sisters in those camps? What about in Rwanda? Do you think anyone cared about killing their Rwandan brothers and sisters? No? Well I'm sure the Turks cared about their brothers and sisters when they went after the Armenians, right?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You're kidding yourself if you thought there was under Obama, too. The serious breakdowns began under W, but the erosion of discourse began even before that,

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: carewemust

What about all the guns in the hands of criminals?
Who do you think the power of the black market will be behind?

The right thinks they will have the cops but who will have the criminals?

The criminals will be behind themselves like always. It's why they're criminals. There is only one side -- theirs.

Although I laugh if you think the Crips and Bloods are going to come riding to your progressive rescue and usher in leftist utopia.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

They'll steal shipments trying to struggle overland to the big cities.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Do YOU specifically want to kill your fellow American over politics

No i didnt think so

So if the majority think this, it will not be a war but just some lunatics, which society has always had.

I hope the majority of Americans think this I have been known to be to optimistic before

I don't think the majority of people that get tied into a war "want" to kill those they're fighting against. The actual US Civil War was no exception, yet there we were, American killing more Americans than were killed all wars since combined. If it came down to a situation where my vitality, safety, freedom, rights, ability to secure my family were directly threatened... all issues which can easily be considered "politics" in nature, hand me a uniform.

It sounds like you have a pretty romanticized version of how that would play out in your head.
So, after you get your fancy new uniform, what's next? How would you discern sides? Just kill anyone not wearing your fancy new uniform? What if they are just the normal people, not drenched in your obsessive left/right mentality? Is that how you would win?
Just eliminate anyone not wearing your fancy new uniform?
So fancy man. How would that play out?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes if your entire point of view is based on what you read from partisan news hacks on Breitbart you might think so

But when you go outside your house and walk down the street and stop doing meth and listening to alex Jones you get and different story

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Leader of the House, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, called the Electoral College "RACIST", this week. Thankfully, the Federal Courts today struck down Dim/Progressive efforts to get rid of the Electoral College.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
more likely allah akbar a reply to: olaru12

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

"hand me a uniform" was a tasteful way of saying I'd be out there killing people until I got shot in the skull and was sent to the Devil, genius. There was no romanticization there... it was purely and simply me trying to show a little tact.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

"hand me a uniform" was a tasteful way of saying I'd be out there killing people until I got shot in the skull and was sent to the Devil, genius. There was no romanticization there... it was purely and simply me trying to show a little tact.

Who would you be killing?

What do they look like? How did you find them?

There seems to be a disconnect in the logistics of this civil war idea.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Some keep saying this.

In the event of a true shooting war, I think by then the sides will be clearly drawn.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Some keep saying this.

In the event of a true shooting war, I think by then the sides will be clearly drawn.

That's not much of an answer. So once the shooting war starts, how do you know you're shooting the right people?

Again, it all seems pretty romanticized and easy.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Some keep saying this.

That's not much of an answer. So once the shooting war starts, how do you know you're shooting the right people?

*shrugs*

Folks looked the same in the 1st civil war.

The North weren't all wearing Blue and the South weren't all wearing gray.

This isn't a Crips vs Bloods gang colors fight.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

yes supernatural forces want to destroy America. they hate our freedoms. and the way you and especially me think.. the fact that we are not going along with their plans for a one world order and total enslavement... really makes them rage. it's awesome though right. It gives me a good energy feeling up my spine into my head. it's funny how they want us to be one collective world while at the same time seperated from our Father God. It's a false unity. it would never work. I guess thats just what they dont get. Maybe they don't have spirits or souls or something. In that case, victory will be ours, by the grace of God.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Some keep saying this.

*shrugs*

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of this war. There are a lot more people since the last civil war. Just doesn't seem that easy.

And so far, no one on the side who believes it is coming, can answer.
But you said shrug. Ok so that clears it all up.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Some keep saying this.

*shrugs*

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of this war. There are a lot more people since the last civil war. Just doesn't seem that easy.

Do you think that everyone in the North was against slavery and everyone in the South was for slavery during the 1st civil war?

If so, then then we might as well bid each other a good evening because that puerile line of thinking will advance us nowhere.
edit on 22-8-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnneeThe current political division does not feel like the '60s to me (yes I was there). Similar, maybe - - - but, not the same. There was still dialogue in the '60s. There isn't with Liberal Democrats.

Fixed that for ya.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Some keep saying this.

*shrugs*

Do you think that everyone in the North was against slavery and everyone in the South was for slavery during the 1st civil war?

If so, then then we might as well bid each other a good evening because that puerile line of thinking will advance us nowhere.

I don't think anything in this thread will advance anyone.
It's a fantasy. Evil left against the righteous right.
But it won't be that picturesque and neat.

Just keeping things in perspective.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

No, all war is violent, bloody, nasty and disgusting.

Lets hope we can maintain a representative republic with the Constitution and Bill of Rights intact.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Keep my answer simple

Do you want to kill your fellow American brother or sister over politics?

No I didnt think so, thats what most sane people believe

No sane person ever wants to kill anyone. Yet war is as much a part of our history as anything else. No one likes war, but it happens all the time. People die. Families are shattered. Nations crumble. Entire civilizations rise and fall. And war is there through all of it.

I sincerely hope there will not be a civil war in this country. But I can see how it could happen. With so many people in power fanning the flames of a fire that should have burned out decades ago, it only takes one good spark to start a massive conflagration. We almost had it with Rodney King. How many cities across the country ended up in flames at the same time over that one? Or oj simpson? Or Lequan Mcdonald? See a trend here?

Yes, its possible. No, I don't want to see it happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join