It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Epidemic of Gun violence and Mass Murder break the back of the Republican Party in 2020 ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: luthier

I don't see gang bangers being deterred by any new laws or them being arrested easier because of them. If we wanted to we could go after gangs harder with existing legislation. Even then, the results will be less than we need.

Cool. Almost every state disagrees.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Anger. Hate. Intolerance.

Not over here in France but I firmly believe that doctors over in the USA over many years have only been too happy to prescribe mind altering medication that have and IS taking a sad toll.

Lags

Yes, the Doctors have given mind altering drugs to children and our bribed gov agency's help the Pharmaceutical Co's get approvals. The Drug companies entangle our elected officials with bribes and then got the heads of our three letter agency's committing treason IMO. The head of the FBI says things like HRC did break the law if she was someone else and we are in a bad way. We are having laws circumvented in blatant ways for the elite. That is not fair nor just.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Show me data that asserts that.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64

Good to know there are geniuses out there who can illegally alter the hardware so the carnage can continue.

Why would you not be able to connect the dots on that before? Are you feigning ignorance again?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

For how scary guns are conceptually they are very simplistic, i'm sure more than let on must know that. However, I believe its a means to an end to control ALL potential dangers we contact on a daily basis eventually anyway, do those same people not even supsect that?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltdan08

a reply to: AlienView

Why dont the crazy people in other countries do things like open fire on an innocent crowd?

This only happens here.

The media in the U.S. is particularly vile and has done a lot of harm to our unity. It makes people who disagree enemies. And they focus on the negative stories, which glamorizes these shooters, instead of reporting that overall gun violence has decreased since the early 90s. They fail to report on the real racial aspect, that Blacks and Hispanics commit a disproportionate amount of murder and other crimes.

Parents have washed their hands of responsible parenting. Parents are comfortable letting leftist, government indoctrination centers 'educate' their children about what is right and wrong. This among other factors has increased the level of apathy of bystanders. Instead of reporting alarming behaviors and instead of pre-shooters being arrested for crimes they have committed, everyone just stands back and let's this happen.

"The government has unwisely created laws that they believe will hamper gun violence but actually makes it easier. This explains why most shootings happen in gun-free zones or in cities with the strictest gun control. If fish could shoot back, would you even walk up to the barrel?" [bold type added]

I believe these shootings should receive as much coverage as regular gang violence; a little blurb in the local news only. I believe parents, or some other responsible person who failed to act, should be jailed if their children commit these crimes. I believe gun restrictions should be lifted and we should harden these soft targets with armed security and others.

I AGREE! - Except for the stuff on Blacks and Hispanics, which may be true, but don't forget the neighborhoods where this crime is coming from - So don't blame race or ethnic background - Poverty and ghettos breed crime, race and ehnicity is only a secondary issue.

'We the People' are the militia the Second Ammenment was talking about......

Nut case starts shooting into a crowd or walks into a school and starts shooting - We must be ready for it.

After the first shot - He's dead

And as far as keeping guns, and especially high capacity firearms, away from mental defectives and others who have
indicated that they may be a threat [red flag laws?] - That's a no brainer [excuse the pun] - Isnt it

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And in my opinion - It is both the right and obligation of the people to defend ourselves from those individuals who
threaten not only the Second Amendment and The Constitution of the United States - but our very lives and the
lives of our children !!!!!
edit on 8-8-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To elaborae we must realize that "the peoples right to bear arms" - Has a self limiting meaning.

A mad man with a high capacity firearm bent on death to people who he has selected to kill is not part of 'the people'
the Second Amendment is taliking about - Such a person has declared himself an enemy of the people and must
be neutralized

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: cognizant420

The constitution does allow for local gun laws under public safety and even conservatives on the court have ruled this.

Republicans only care about being re elected this is why you are seeing them cave and many including the president are willing to pass gun control measures. They are loosing the suburbs who are the most proactive voters.

Will be interesting to see if they abandon the base or the suburbs....wither way it's a tough spot for the president...especially if the economy takes a dump....then even a clown could beat him. In which case the Democrats will probably use emergency actions since president trump has taken more authority for the executive office by declaring emergencies to bipass congress like he did with selling arms to the saudis....

While you folks were "owning libs" you forgot to keep track of your own.

Yet we continually see you not notice the cheating liars in the DNC. Those D's are flaming racist blaming others for their own actions. We catch them cheating to win and cheating at the polls. I need to NEVER vote with people like THAT.

Power grabbers need us gun less, period. Grow some backbone or move to somewhere guns are outlawed is all I can say.

ETA

Just how would you feel if you lived with the Swiss and every person is required to own an assault rifle that does shoot like a Military weapon with multiple round bursts? They have no crime, hmm. Unlike the weapons used in these mass murders (Vegas excluded).

edit on 9-8-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Can you please tell us more about the Swiss people and how they feel..

I assume you live there or at least know somebody that does.

edit on 9-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: pavil

Gun laws will do very little for mass shootings.

However if you make illegal gun ownership on the local level an issue (by also allowing permitting for the gun) you can probably justify some gang raids and actually help clean up crime areas..you would of coarse need due process.

But mass shootings flows the suicide rate. Lots of despair in our society and extwncial crisis from a fast changing world.

So what your saying then is we simply have got to prosecute violent criminals no matter where they live. You have just pointed out why Baltimore is a #hole that makes most feel like they live in a 3rd world country who live there.

They aren't going to go get them because they want them there IMO. Not because of laws, despite them. We are being played and those neighborhoods need justice.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Can you please not act like you don't know. My god how many decades have they had that law? You go google it and tell us.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

a reply to: pavil

So I started this by saying gun laws won't help mass shootings but could help allow a way to prosecute and get warrants for gang related crime.

Trump supporters are so shell shocked from liberals they have become them imo.

No truly, they are so shocked they are telling their neighbors. The liberal agenda for America via the D's and RINO's will die this election but not without a big fight.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Justoneman

For how scary guns are conceptually they are very simplistic, i'm sure more than let on must know that. However, I believe its a means to an end to control ALL potential dangers we contact on a daily basis eventually anyway, do those same people not even supsect that?

Do they not suspect that a gun solves problems? I hope they think it does and only for defense.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Can you please not act like you don't know. My god how many decades have they had that law? You go google it and tell us.

No, you just tried to speak for the Swiss people, all of them , care to tell us how the Swiss people feel about this...is that clearer?

I should explain myself, I think you don't know what you're talking about,I think you've never been to Switzerland,you don't know any Swiss people and media influenced you author this thread like you have a clue..

edit on 9-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No i did not. I am speaking for their statistics but that would defeat your narrative for you to know them.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No i did not. I am speaking for their statistics but that would defeat your narrative for you to know them.

Ok let's try and work with that.

" Their statistics" can you elaborate a little on that, what statistics ,who compiled these statistics and what do they mean ?

Exactly what do you think my narrative is ?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I wish the media would quit airing the names of the mass shooters. If they would simply quit giving airtime to the mentally ill shooters, I believe there would be a large downswing in the shootings themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure how Gun Violence could ruin the Republican party. In the area I live in, Milwaukee WI, there are multiple shootings and murders every weekend. None of these shootings occur in areas that are at ALL populated by those voting for the Republican party.

This is not a Right vs Left issue at all, it's a lack of respect and empathy problem! If you have zero respect for your fellow man, nor any kind of empathy for the impact of your actions on their friends and family, then it seems that you are severely mentally or emotionally damaged and should seek help!

Criminals will always have a way to get their hands on guns, regardless of whatever laws are passed. Hard drugs are illegal, but seem to be everywhere. It's the slap on the wrists given to people who commit gun crimes, due to their socioeconomic class, that continue to spread the violence in the inner cities. If they get a slap on the wrist, they expect the same treatment next time, and have no fear of the repercussions of their actions!

- Py
edit on 8/9/2019 by pyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

" Did Hitler personally kill anyone? Was he crazy? Or were the crazy ones those who followed his will, knowing better? "

Yes , he Murdered his Niece Lover Personally , and Yes , he was Also Insane .

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Did the 300 plus murders a year in Baltimore alone impact Obama? There is your answer.

Obama ignored Black-on-Black crime, but 95% of the Black community is still behind him to this day.

Go figure...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join