It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUSE of mass shootings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

That's the way I see it too. Any nutjob in the US can easily obtain firearms, and very lethal ones at that.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Hours apart? I think not. They were rare.

That was not my point, it was claimed they didn't start until the 1990's.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888
I would be curious, Augustus... if you would back that claim up, in a way that is substantive to the dialog.

Click on the link, they are listed there.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
It was an answer to your question as to a possible reason for mass shootings. I found this posters response very easy to understand...

I wasn't offering or discussing a reason, merely pointing out that these events were occurring when it was claimed they weren't.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
After a quick wiki lookup to get a general idea of the number of mass shootings by decade:

2011 to present - 90
2010's - 23
2000's - 36
1990's - 29
1980's - 21
1970's - 14
1960's - 6
1950's - 1
1940's - 3
1930's - 2
1920's - 3

This shows that the years after 2010 has seen a significant increase in mass shootings. My guess is worsening economic conditions from 2011 to present.

Any commonalities?
divorce.lovetoknow.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

...trump is absolutely fear mongering and is absolutely winding up his base and some of his base just happen to be nutters.

Two things...

1. Name one thing which proves as fact the El Paso shooter was part of Trump's "base".

2. Name one thing Trump has said which is "fear mongering" any more than every single one of the Democratic candidates do every single day.

Extra credit - Name one thing Trump has said since the El Paso shootings which is "fear mongering".

Double extra credit - Count on ONLY ONE hand the number of Democrats who have come out with "fear mongering" statements since the El Paso Shooting. (Note: I'll give you a hint...you will not be able to do this as there are too many to count, especially on just one hand!)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

I don't think there is any one cause, but rather many contributing factors combining in various ways in accordance with each shooter's individual and personal circumstances.

It starts with the tainting of our physical bodies -- from environmental pollutants like lead and other heavy metals, to the synthetic hormones and other endocrine disruptors in our water, air, soil and foods.

It continues with the fake and processed foods we ingest with reduced and/or little nutritional substance, to outright harmful ingredients like fake sugars and fats and preservatives and food dyes, etc. All of which affects us physically, mentally and emotionally.

All of which is compounded by a lack of adequate moral and ethical guidance, critical thinking skills, and self-discipline and motivation for personal achievement.

Depending on each individual's personal circumstances and issues, we have kids growing into adults who are not being taught and given the skills to make a quality life for themselves (and a family), and have been so poisoned and tainted that many literally cannot do better -- cannot learn better -- because their mental and emotional faculties have been so compromised.

If we want to fix the problem of violence in general, and mass shootings in specific, then we need to start at square one.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

1. I never said this particular guy was part of his base , i said trump is winding his base up, which he is.

2. All politicians do this, trump denounced this horrible attack as he should have and my fear mongering comment isn't specific to this incident it's his whole approach to this presidency.

edit on 5-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We are not teaching our children coping skills. We are not teaching cause and effect. Morals have gone away and empathy has disappeared.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

But you seem to be ignoring the fact that virtually every one of the current crop of democratic presidential candidates couldn't even wait for the bodies to get cold before they started issuing their "fear mongering" agenda driven tweets, press releases and public statements!

Who is the one fear mongering again???

That, was my point. Your statement was either intentionally biased, or you were being obtuse / ignorant.

edit on 8/5/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
The first one I remember was at a Mickey D's in the 70's.

If I remember correctly, ME and all that.

The first mass shooting I remember was the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre. 41 year old James Huberty killed 19 and wounded 21 others.

I was a kid and I remember I was scared to eat at any McDonald's for a long time after this, in fact I told my Mom not to take me therealize or only go through the drive thru, even though I lived far away from San Ysidro.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Divorce rates have been dropping since 1990.

Divorce rate is dropping

To me, marriages tend to be stable during tough economic times and become unstable during good economic times for the simple reason that married couples tend to want independence during good economic times.

Since this is a negative correlation it seems to me that stable families have emotionally stable children.

So, maybe its psych medications being given out to children for any thing considered even slightly abnormal.

Boys tend to be boys, fighting, arguing and sometimes producing disruption. There have been mass shootings by females but these are very uncommon.
edit on 5-8-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I shouldn't really have to say Trump's a fearmonger and then justify it because all politicians do this , we know they all do its a given.

So if you think that is ignorance,should I come back with you think that because youre a trump cheerleader and are blinded by it...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
a reply to: one4all

Divorce rates have been dropping since 1990.

Divorce rate is dropping

To me, marriages tend to be stable during tough economic times and become unstable during good economic times for the simple reason that married couples tend to want independence during good economic times.

Since this is a negative correlation it seems to me that stable families have emotionally stable children.

So, maybe its psych medications being given out to children for any thing considered even slightly abnormal.

Boys tend to be boys, fighting, arguing and sometimes producing disruption. There have been mass shootings by females but these are very uncommon.

There may be parasitic connections in addition to the medication questions related to these types of events....and really all of the 1st person shooter games glorify going out in flames for quite a few generations now and also condition youth to simulate self immolation over ideals and emotions creating a negative cerebral muscle memory making them especially vulnerable to being triggered when under normal heavy end spectrum depression and other illnesses that non-conditioned healthy young people can handle or expresss enough to project a need for help..

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Considering the millions of violent video games that have been purchased and violent movies produced, I doubt they have much of an impact on mental health causing healthy people to turn into real life murders.

There are twisted people that pop up everywhere. Their mental health issues are at a much deeper level than what violent video games and movies could induce.

Government would love to take control by outlawing violence from entertainment. They do make family oriented media. Should all entertainment be family oriented?

The revenues from video games and movies would drop considerably.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

i feel medication maybe a cause also. I wonder if any one has ever investigated what medications the shooters were on

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have seen and experienced people on the new anti depressants that big pharma is currently producing. They become rather batty. Also, doctors get a good kick back for prescribing these anti-depressants.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: HODOSKE

There were mass shootings in the 1970's and 1980's, this is fairly easy to look up.

Indeed even all the way in the 1920s/1930s Chicago.
But hey apparently today white supremacists are to blame it seems.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
The first one I remember was at a Mickey D's in the 70's.

If I remember correctly, ME and all that.

First big one I remember was the Luby's shooting in 1991.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You'd be wrong. Politics in the USA have always been dog-eat-dog. Grandstanding, personal attacks, vicious slurs against both the opposition candidate, their wives, children and animals... the list goes on.

During the election of 1800, Adams accused Thomas Jefferson of attempting to thwart the balance of society itself by eliminating God from American public life. Adams insisted that God demanded a deeply religious president and a vote for his rival was literally a bargain with the devil towards the goal of completely destroying the USA.

So great was the public's fear of this devils deal that the lamestream media of the time spread stories of murder, rape and incest -- should Jefferson prevail -- beginning on the night the last ballot was counted. Various screeds were published detailing a cult of incest that would be taught in schools following a Jefferson win and so on.

To counter Adams, Jefferson told his supporters that his opponent was a hermaphrodite and implied his rival couldn't get it up with his wife.

By the eve of the election the Democratic Republicans (lol) had effectively branded Adams a "traitor" under his own goofy law -- the Alien and Sedition acts. Pamphleteer and staunch anti-Federalist James Callender called Adams a tyrant and implied he was worse than King George. Adams had him arrested and a supreme court justice sentenced him to five years in prison. In the end, the Democratic Republicans won the day and Jefferson was elected president.

It goes without saying that there were no more rapes or murders following than there were before and incest didn't become part of the public school curriculum as a consequence of voters electing a "Satanist" to the highest office of the land.

The last few campaigns have actually been relatively mild, in comparison.
edit on 5-8-2019 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join