It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUSE of mass shootings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Trump has been president for less than three years.
This issues started decades before he was in the picture so therefore its rediculous to place blame on him.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Technology. Horrible parenting. --EOL--

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Do people really want to find the root cause or our they just taking advantage of a tragedy to push political agenda?

When did all the mass shootings start gaining in number?
Was it when women started entering the workforce and feminism kicked into high gear?
Was it when prayer was removed from schools?
Was it when participation trophies became normal?
Was it when spanking Jonny became taboo?
Was it when marriage became a joke?

Do people really and truly want to find the answer or is it just political?

To be fair , darkbakes post isn't as ridiculous as you wrote it off as, trump is absolutely fear mongering and is absolutely winding up his base and some of his base just happen to be nutters.

If you're not willing to have the conversation you're not really willing to look at the whole picture either and you stand guilty of your own criticism.

You say this as if you do not recognize how so many politicians and the media are doing exactly that as well, irregardless of which side of party line? There is so much fear mongering occurring nowadays, it cannot help but ignite those who are susceptible to ignorant influence. Sadly, it is our younger generations most effected since they do not have real history experience to recognize it all as over dramatic sensationalism.

Edit add: and it is not just the media and politicians...the divisions has spread outwardly into individual family and groups. All giving up on the idea of compromise to bring balance and instead pushing my way or the highway!
edit on 8 4 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
And anyone who blames trump for this has to blame AOC for the attack on ICE ....you have to apply the logic to both sides .

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
And anyone who blames trump for this has to blame AOC for the attack on ICE ....you have to apply the logic to both sides .
They won't, it doesn't fit their narrative.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My annual reminder that

1) the vast majority of mentally ill are FAR more likely to be the victims of violence than the perpetrators of it

2) Psychiatry and psychiatrics medicine helps millions of people, including me, and I was / am never "tired of my kids," or interested in "participation awards and trophies."

Deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

A remake, reapplication of this maybe?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Trump has been president for less than three years.
This issues started decades before he was in the picture so therefore its rediculous to place blame on him.

Not saying trump is the cause, I'm saying his rhetoric is undoubtedly adding fuel to the Fire. Surely you can see that.
edit on 4-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The commander in chief is certainly not the only person to blame, I agree there for sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I would absolutely conceded that people can be deeply influenced by conflicting political beliefs.
But you have to admit that politics today isn't any more volatile than say during the Vietnam war.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
These incidents began ramping up sharply after Obama was elected, and everyone knows the anti gun agenda of the Obama administration to the point of illegal operations like Fast and Furious which got federal agents killed.

Also Obama implementing dystopian executive orders being in alignment with the same things the Bush administrations did, and we have a fully entrenched deep state CIA Monarch programming, MK-Ultra off shoots, scopolamine mind control, and all kinds of things with real agendas against the American people. Also luciferian black magic added in for good measure is what these black programs are fully in to.

These mass shootings are a direct result of these CIA programs. IMO
There are bigger enemies out there who want to own it all their way.
The average sheep says "No way" it just can't be.

Or it's just people going bat sh## postal for no real good reason.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You know what else corresponds with Obama (on)? The ubiquity of social media.

I suspect it is a major contributing factor, which is why we actually *do* see spree violence in other countries.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Common is a relative term … personally, I believe it is the press coverage that has changed.

Mass shootings only 'seem' more common now, because they are preferentially reported, IMHO

edit on 4-8-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added a line

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There were mass shootings in the 1970's and 1980's, this is fairly easy to look up.

I would be curious, Augustus... if you would back that claim up, in a way that is substantive to the dialog.

For years after the Kennedy assassination, you could still buy guns through the mail, if you were 18 years of age or older. Guns were FAR MORE available, and they were available everywhere, even in the local hardware store.

WE DID NOT HAVE MASS SHOOTINGS.

In the 1970's, we did NOT HAVE MASS SHOOTINGS, of the type we are suggesting here.

The first mass shooting event of the kind we are discussing was the "Texas Tower Sniper", in Austin TX in 1966. Events like it were unknown at the time... and the time between events of this type were measured in YEARS.

The spike in gun crime has nothing to do with the availability of firearms. They were FAR more available in a time when mass shooting events were unheard of. That is just the fact of it.
edit on 4-8-2019 by dasman888 because: edit

edit on 4-8-2019 by dasman888 because: Zombie pill bugs

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Dominant Female role models or gender pressure.For some reason these guys are ready to pull a MAD scenario when they want to win....they simply don't know how to lose gracefully.They will burn THE WHOLE HOUSE DOWN instead of taking ne for the Team because they think THEY ARE THE TEAM they value themselves and their FEELING much to highly.......in the olden golden days we had women whose importance to the overall scheme of things made them YES SNOWFLAKES MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE WEE LITTLE BOYS....you rainbow colored freaks.....supporting the artificially contrived gender crisis has caused role trauma to entire generations....its a sick and twisted road we have found ourselves trying to turn around on.

this is not exactly new news....lol...35 years ago when I used to fistfight I encountered the same issue...I went from a rural area to an urban area....I NEVER KICKED PEOPLE IN THE HEAD OR KICKED THEM AT ALL JUST KICKED THEIR HASSES FAIR AND SQUARE....till I landed in a City and quickly realised that there were some really screwed up little bullies in my new neighborhood....then it hit me that it was mostly the Single Mommy homes that produced the head kickers and curb stompers...males with an anti-male attitude are very dangerous animals at any age.... kicking a vulnerable opponent WAS FAIR TO THEM because they thought they were little girlys in their bloody heads.It is what it is.
edit on 4-8-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Psychiatric Drugs , and the " Handlers " who Prescribe them .........

tv.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thought I was replying to post not your comment, my bad.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
I keep thinking about the causes of these mass shootings. I grew up in the 70's and 80' these shootings never happened or came into my thoughts back then. What has changed? It cant be gun access because there has always been guns. Racism? That has always been there. Maybe social media? Degrading of morality?. Autism? Use of antidepressants? Emf affecting our brains? would appreciate thoughts

You could try asking the F.B.I. what research they do/or do not, on mass shootings...and the causes, you might also ask the CDC and the NRA the same thing.

What's not hard to guess is that unstable people are more easily animated by ranting on social media, even more so now that it is used by 'supreme' heads of government, when some are supremely careless in their use of social media themselves.

These days I don't wonder at all, because you might just find that the above actors, for differing reasons, are not doing so much...that makes it all the more sadder.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

We had big wars where people got their shots off left right and center for ages.

I'm also pretty sure that shooting things at others started well before there were guns.

In "more civilized" times there weren't any guns and they had to make do with pointy sticks and sharp pieces of metal.

I think the problem is 'them humans'.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There were mass shootings in the 1970's and 1980's, this is fairly easy to look up.

I dont have to look em up.
I was there
Ah , these young uns that believe stuff going on now is new.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join