It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUSE of mass shootings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Secretrooster
There isn’t just one cause. It’s a complex equation with numerous factors. To list a few....smart phones, social media, movies & tv, video games. Also as a society we’ve moved away from religion. Not saying I agree with religion, but i think it has had an effect on moral values.

I think you are right, but I think ADD and ADHD drugs they pump kids full of now adds to it as well

I agree.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Many of the mass-shootings today are motivated by right-wing extremism. At the moment, Fox News and Trump are fear-mongering about migrants and brewing up hate for them in such a way that it is influencing mass shooters.

I’ll bet a mass shooter feels like there is a big issue that no one takes seriously, so they do something about it themselves.

The PizzaGate guy was so into that conspiracy that he took a gun to the pizza parlor in question.

When propaganda starts distorting reality, it can cause people to turn violent.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Mental Health issues and family/life environment.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The majority of mass shooters in the last 5-10 years (that get publicized) all have had therapists and medication their therapists put them on.

Perhaps these "mental health" institutions are not the answer, but the culprit.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Many of the mass-shootings today are motivated by right-wing extremism. At the moment, Fox News and Trump are fear-mongering about migrants and brewing up hate for them in such a way that it is influencing mass shooters.

I’ll bet a mass shooter feels like there is a big issue that no one takes seriously, so they do something about it themselves.

The PizzaGate guy was so into that conspiracy that he took a gun to the pizza parlor in question.

When propaganda starts distorting reality, it can cause people to turn violent.

Fox news and Trump? That's FALSE.

Mental health is the issue here, not your dumb partisan views.

Though, if you want to go there, sure.

AOC influenced a dangerous ANTIFA THUG to go full blown terrorist and fire bomb a federal agency.

Where did Trump and Fox News fear monger this? Oh right, they didn't.

You're just another delusional leftist who doesn't know any better and the ridiculous and pathetic way you try to minimized your damned hate on Conservatices, its so easy to see.

I absolutely detest your crap post.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
'normal' is being dysfunctional...because reality is so much more chaotic & surreal now-a-days

a return to the pigeonholes that Religion imposes is no remedy or solution

going over-the-edge, to accomplish a mass murder operation, is self recognition that the 'self' is not useless/worthless after all (despite the past jeers and taunts in a few cases)
the 'self' gains stature/status in their own eyes & possibly in the collective memory of the population, local community

bring back compulsory Military Service and/or 2 years Public Service after the sanitized School-Room environments of 12 or more years...
...which should eliminate about 40% of the wanna-be 'over the edge' psychos & leaving the Hard Core Sociopaths to get cornered/contained/neutralized

ETA

oh yeah.... Emasculated persons (since gender outing is sexist & we can't say Emasculated 'Males')

thanks to : a reply to: ClovenSky
edit on th31156496641504532019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: HODOSKE

There were mass shootings in the 1970's and 1980's, this is fairly easy to look up.

Hours apart? I think not. They were rare.
edit on 4-8-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Really?
You win the award for dumbest post of the day.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Bluntone is right. That was one of the stupidest posts Ive seen in a long time

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Look up SSRIs.

These things have been around just as long wmass shootings. They have lead to suicides of names you know.

Why does a short term drug be prescribed for months??

I would start with that question and see where it leads.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i wonder if there has been any investigation into how many of the shooters are on some kind of antidepressants

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
i wonder if there has been any investigation into how many of the shooters are on some kind of antidepressants

Most of them are, or at least the ones that are not gang related.
But again it's only part of the issue.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So, citizens wanting our immigration laws enforced is fear mongering and of course I’m sure you think it’s racist too, right? It’s ridiculous that as a citizen I can’t talk about enforcing our laws without being labeled a racist and xenophobic. That’s the battle call and stupidity of the left and it’s absolute BS.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

You know, I agree with you, BUT...SSRI's are a symptom, not the disease.

SSRI's are an "excuse" for people who just can't deal with children, PARENTS who just can't deal with THEIR children.

Medicate them into submission, that's what parent's want. They don't really want kids; they just want to be part of the demographic for their age set...2.3 kids, a green lawn and cool Christmas decorations! It's not about "kids", it's about "feel good", and "we're like YOU"...we're BETTER than YOU!".

Sadly, it has nothing to do with "kids", but rather everything to do with what "kids" can do for their social standing!

I've seen it a million times, if I've seen it once. Just look t the shows on TV about "kid stars", "kid bakers", "kid dancers"...and look at the internet about "kid AOC's", and "kid inflencers"...it's a fooking JOKE!!! They are every where!!

Why???? Because their parents aren't "parents", but rather money grubbing LOW LIFE's who USE their kids to make money for THEM!

And...we want to talk about video games??? LOL!!! How about...let's talk about PARENTING!!!!! The non-existent kind, the SELFISH kind...yeah...let's talk about THAT!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar
I couldn't imagine coming up in a time like today without strong influential people around me. The time in my life when I was most impressionable was also one of the hardest times I'd ever had growing up. My father got stationed at the naval war college in Newport Rhode Island, I was uprooted from my school and all my friends in VA. It really sucked. Except I didn't have to deal with the fake awesome stuff that young, adolescent teenagers see and experience every single day. Facebook Instagram YouTube, these are the platforms that are now raising own children. I didn't have the opportunity to be exposed to that. My father was an overwhelming figure in my life and kept me on the straight path. Now, kids revert to basically a hermet like state surrounding themselves with online media. You wanna see a bunch of teenagers beat the hell out of some old guy in Philly, well it's on YouTube I'm sure. Wanna feel like a failure because you're not jet setting around the world, go on Instagram. They see this extraordinary side of life with nothing to set them back the other way.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Do people really want to find the root cause or our they just taking advantage of a tragedy to push political agenda?

When did all the mass shootings start gaining in number?
Was it when women started entering the workforce and feminism kicked into high gear?
Was it when prayer was removed from schools?
Was it when participation trophies became normal?
Was it when spanking Jonny became taboo?
Was it when marriage became a joke?

Do people really and truly want to find the answer or is it just political?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Why f'ing bother?

(post removed by myself)
edit on 4-8-2019 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Do people really want to find the root cause or our they just taking advantage of a tragedy to push political agenda?

When did all the mass shootings start gaining in number?
Was it when women started entering the workforce and feminism kicked into high gear?
Was it when prayer was removed from schools?
Was it when participation trophies became normal?
Was it when spanking Jonny became taboo?
Was it when marriage became a joke?

Do people really and truly want to find the answer or is it just political?

To be fair , darkbakes post isn't as ridiculous as you wrote it off as, trump is absolutely fear mongering and is absolutely winding up his base and some of his base just happen to be nutters.

If you're not willing to have the conversation you're not really willing to look at the whole picture either and you stand guilty of your own criticism.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The obvious common thread is that these mass shootings are executed by males, possibly every single one of them have been carried out by a male. So of course the common sense solution should be to remove all males parts.. snip! They will just de-nut us and slap on a vagina. Problem solved!

Or we could just accept that some tiny portion of humans are mentally defective and that freedom is sometimes not pretty, but worth it... I am sure a person driven to kill mass quantities of people will find a method via guns, bombs, cars, trucks, poisoning large quantities of food, etc.. They are insane and insane people sometimes do insane stuff. Go figure.
edit on 4-8-2019 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jdubious
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lack of human interaction due to convenience of the internet, which creates lack of compassion and empathy towards other human beings.

That gets my vote as part of the problem.
Young people don't go out and meet other people nearly as much as they used to.
You can't learn how to live and be around people from Instagram, Facebook and all the other ways that so many use as interaction with the world,which leads to people looking at others as thumbs up or thumbs down. Not even seeing people on a human level.
Following what they think is important and can't even think for themselves anymore

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join