It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Michigan won't wear a hijab lost her crown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Deleted tweet
a reply to: JAGStorm

edit on 24-7-2019 by TrumpTribbleAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien

Deleted tweet

twitter.com...&cd=1 &hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us" target="_blank" class="postlink">Deleted Tweet

Just explain what you want to say...that link doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: TrumpTribbleAlien

Deleted tweet

twitter.com...&cd=1 &hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us" target="_blank" class="postlink">Deleted Tweet

Just explain what you want to say...that link doesn't work.

Edited.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Did you actually read her tweets?

That girl is nuts.

She deserves to have her title stripped. I love how she is acting like what she said meant something else after the fact.

This was her tweet on the hijab situation:

"There is a 'try a hijab on' booth at my college campus. So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing? Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?"

She took a "try on a hijab" booth on her college campus as an attempt to "get women used to being opressed under Islam"

The "try on a hijab" booth was there for a cultural outreach program. There were other booths with other cultures. It's the same as there being a German booth with them.saying "try our weinerscnitzel" Islam in itself isn't bad, Sharia law is bad. The fact that she isn't wise enough to differentiate the two.should be cause for removal of her title in itself...

Her other tweet was even more crazy

"Did you know that the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks?" the second tweet said. "Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others."

Once again.. psycho. She's claiming "oh I was just tweeting statistics"when clearly.by the tone of that tweet you can see what she was getting at.

Girl has issues and is not a role model.

The fact that you are so far gone into the Far Left Orthodoxy that you see those tweets as crazy is what's really alarming.

There is nothing wrong with either tweet and if you think there is, its YOU that's too far gone.

The one about black crime and blacks being the majority of victims of other blacks is 100% correct and indisputable. As for the fixing up part? Also 100% true and would go a long way to correcting the issues facing the black community.

As for the 1st tweet, well the hijab is a religious symbol and it IS a symbol of oppression. This is something that both the right AND the left agreed on just a few short years ago until Leftists decided that all religions except Christianity were sacred cows and can't be criticized.

When women in Islamic countries are ripping the hijab off in a scream for freedom and individuality it seems pretty moronic for white, western leftist losers to proudly proclaim that hijabs aren't a religious symbol and aren't representative of oppression.

Also, isn't this a scenario that leftist whackjobs should be screaming "cultural appropriation? After all if it's being worn as a gimmick by a non-Muslim is that not the very definition of Cultural Appropriation?

I swear, trying to decipher leftist logic is akin to sorting a barrel of cats.

edit on 24-7-2019 by JohnS23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2019 by JohnS23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnS23

There is nothing wrong with either tweet and if you think there is, its YOU that's too far gone.

That's what I'm saying. What exactly is wrong with those tweets. How is it racist at all. I don't see it.

So she doesn't want to wear a scarf that covers her hair because a certain group of men can't help themselves if they see a strand of hair. If they do, the only fit punishment for the girl is stoning of course. Yeah, I wouldn't want to wear that either. I'm guessing a lot of Americans wouldn't want
to try on a priests robe either, because what it has represented.

The comment about black crime might be insensitive, but not necessarily racist. Racist would be saying only black people commit crime. She didn't say that. She stated a statistic and her opinion on that statistic.
edit on 24-7-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: JohnS23

That's what I'm saying. What exactly is wrong with those tweets. How is it racist at all. I don't see it.

So she doesn't want to wear a scarf that covers her hair because a certain group of men can't help themselves if they see a strand of hair. If they do, the only fit punishment for the girl is stoning of course. Yeah, I wouldn't want to wear that either.

The comment about black crime might be insensitive, but not necessarily racist. Racist would be saying only black people commit crime. She didn't say that. She stated a statistic and her opinion on that statistic.

Precisely.

I'd argue that the tweet about black communities wasn't even insensitive. If someone doesn't like facts that's their problem, no one else's.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I think it is time we just did away with this pageant all together. What is the point?

Couldn't agree more; crappy US Political Correctness has ruined everything from these pageants to High School proms. These type activities should be altogether private affairs with no cameras or media allowed, each tribe to its own.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So you are assuming no woman would want to wear a hijab and all who do are actually oppressed and dare not speak of it....pffffffwhaha....educate yourself please.

It's a symbol for you (and that ex miss America) that you somehow feel the need to fight because....well I have no idea actually.

Could you elaborate on that?

Peace

ETA:

We are talking about that bottom right piece of clothing right?

edit on 24-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I got this picture in my head of a beauty pageant.
With A bunch of women wearing the full burqa deal, and one contestant wearing a swimsuit.
Bahahah

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with her first tweet, if you say something that is true, then why should you get punished. It may not be politically correct to say the second part of the first tweet, that is an opinion, covered by freedom of speech. It does not slander Islam, just points out a known fact about it. I guess it is bad to wear a MAGA hat but it is deemed necessary to put on a Muslim hat if you are a woman.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

So it's like the difference between a leash and a muzzle....got it..

If a Muslim women wants to where a muzzle so be it but asking a non Muslim is bull#..

Get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich woman!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

How about wearing a headscarf is a personal choice for some and your insisting it's about something else is taking away their freedom of choice...

I believe that's what world hijab day is about but you probably know best and please don't let me stop you from forcing your opinion.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: manuelram16

For what?

That's like getting a lawyer because you were banned from ATS. They have terms and conditions and if you break 'm, you're out...

But ofcourse we are going to take this story and use it to say something about muslims and freedom of speech and blablabla...

Peace

No, it's to sue them for millions....it's the American way!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

How about wearing a headscarf is a personal choice for some and your insisting it's about something else is taking away their freedom of choice...

I believe that's what world hijab day is about but you probably know best and please don't let me stop you from forcing your opinion.

Peace

It is a personal choice for SOME. Key word being some. For many, MANY women in the world it is not a choice, and to say otherwise is ignorant.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So "some" women should not have the freedom to wear one? It's not about the nijab, it's about the freedom to choose wether or not you want to wear one...

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So "some" women should not have the freedom to wear one?

Peace

Nice try, there is nothing in my OP or any of my comments that say that.
I'm saying that I understand SOME women might not want to wear one or even try one on. Like Miss Michigan.
If you want to and it is under your own free will, who cares. I don't.
edit on 24-7-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

"There was a try on a hijab booth at her college campus (Does that not alarm anyone??!!!@####) 
She wasn't having that, and obviously that's racist. "

Explain the alarm bells....

Maybe I misread.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Even the female in your picture example doesn't look like she wants to wear it.

here's the issue I have with this whole topic: She was a light colored skinned Asian, if she was a dark colored skinned Asian or even black Ethiopian would she have been treated differentially? Yes she would have because even if we as a collective don't want to admit it any statement made by a light skin colored person is racist, but when the same point is made by a dark skin colored person, they've become the next Steven Hawkins.

That's what this is about.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Give me a break. She was Asian and a winner of a beauty contest that comes with terms and conditions.

The title of the OP suggests she lost her crow because she wouldn't want to wear a hijab but the fact of the matter is she was critical of a "wear a hijab booth" because she tought is was a piece of clothing that suppresses women and voiced her opinion about that.

I'm not saying she can't do that but if your crown comes with conditions don't cry when you didn't care to read the T&C.

The OP seems to be making this more about the invasion of muslims and the dangers of sharia law creeping up on the oblivious american population.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join