It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Michigan won't wear a hijab lost her crown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Kathy Zhu stripped of Miss Michigan 2019 title after racist tweets surface

This girl just learned a real world lesson. Life is not fair. She learned another lesson, life in America is getting scary..

There was a try on a hijab booth at her college campus (Does that not alarm anyone??!!!@####)
She wasn't having that, and obviously that's racist. Yup you read that right. If someone doesn't want to try on a hijab, and has a problem
with women being oppressed by Islam, they are obviously racist.

Her other tweet was about black on black crime and fixing crime in their own neighborhood. I think that tweet can be seen as insensitive.
From an Asian perspective, that is how we are raised. Take care of problems in your own home before seeing to fix problems elsewhere.
There is nothing wrong with her statement.

I think it is time we just did away with this pageant all together. What is the point? Obviously these girls can't represent what they believe in anymore.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Been following her story, she has recieved tremendous support among her followers and just about every liberal media piece about her is libel and slanderous, she could even sue and win if she wanted to.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Been following her story, she has recieved tremendous support among her followers and just about every liberal media piece about her is libel and slanderous, she could even sue and win if she wanted to.

That is so good to hear. She sounds like a strong young lady with a good mind!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Greeting from Europa

Some kind of religious nut deleted some more freedom in the U.S.A .. when are you Americans going to stand up against this, you are slowing becoming a extinct.. or at least your freedom are, it creeps up on you slowly.
We where to slow to react here in Europe and look at us now. But you still have time

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

We have our clowns over here trying to emulate your clowns over there. How about we'll take care of our clowns, if you will take care of yours?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

So.....??

It's a bubblehead competition which quite clearly has the rule that contestant requirement of ‘being of good character and whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute Miss World America or any person associated with the organization.

That's why they always say they hope for world peace and stuff like that...

Now we have to have an opinion about this?

So OMG, she like totally lost her tiara...that is so unfair...

Peace

edit on 24-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Does she live in the anti-America terrorist Rashida Tlaib's district?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharon20
a reply to: JIMC5499

link removed

Spamming is against the T&C's.
Please stop.
edit on Jul 24th 2019 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

They might as well have asked her to wear a leash.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Michigan is a lost cause... That city has been overrun by a radical ideology, and not of the liberal kind. Even their elected officials are America hating islamists. Miss Michigan should run for office after this. She'd likely win.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Level heads prevail.

At least, that used to be the way. What a strange world this has become.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Did you actually read her tweets?

That girl is nuts.

She deserves to have her title stripped. I love how she is acting like what she said meant something else after the fact.

This was her tweet on the hijab situation:

"There is a 'try a hijab on' booth at my college campus. So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing? Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?"

She took a "try on a hijab" booth on her college campus as an attempt to "get women used to being opressed under Islam"

The "try on a hijab" booth was there for a cultural outreach program. There were other booths with other cultures. It's the same as there being a German booth with them.saying "try our weinerscnitzel" Islam in itself isn't bad, Sharia law is bad. The fact that she isn't wise enough to differentiate the two.should be cause for removal of her title in itself...

Her other tweet was even more crazy

"Did you know that the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks?" the second tweet said. "Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others."

Once again.. psycho. She's claiming "oh I was just tweeting statistics"when clearly.by the tone of that tweet you can see what she was getting at.

Girl has issues and is not a role model.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Greeting from Europa

Some kind of religious nut deleted some more freedom in the U.S.A .. when are you Americans going to stand up against this, you are slowing becoming a extinct.. or at least your freedom are, it creeps up on you slowly.
We where to slow to react here in Europe and look at us now. But you still have time

And what precisely do you mean by 'look at us now'? A try on a hijab booth? Really? Stinks more of the slightly stupid than anything else - whatever you think of the hijab, it's not meant as a fashion accessory and if it's a symbol of female oppression is subjective, but the whole thing sounds like vacuous stupidity in the extreme - I don't know where you live spider, but we get any vacuous sh!te like love island and other such reality shows that have NOTHING to do with religion, sounds like in America they reserve the right to be even more vapid.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Do hope she gets a good lawyer.....

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I mean the second one is totally true and good advice. The first one about the hijab isn't racist but rather an opinion on the religion. Last I check Islam isnt a race.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

For what?

That's like getting a lawyer because you were banned from ATS. They have terms and conditions and if you break 'm, you're out...

But ofcourse we are going to take this story and use it to say something about muslims and freedom of speech and blablabla...

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What if I sat up a black face booth next to the hijab booth? Kinda the same thing, trying on something you’re not?

How about a cowboy hat and boot booth, with a Maga pearl snap shirt Lol? Don cha wanna try it, ya racist yankees?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

As a representative of the pageant she is bound by the contract that she signed. Which more than likely includes certain behaviors she should not engage in.

It has been brought to the attention of the Miss World America (MWA) that your social media accounts contain offensive, insensitive and inappropriate content and are in violation of MWA Rules and Regulations, specifically contestant requirement of being in good character. …

She should of waited till after she was done being Miss Michigan before making her comments. She lost her title because she didn't read the rules.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I could be wrong here but it appears to me that they young woman was fine with remaining silent about the hypocrisies of this pageant until they dumped her and now she is championing herself against it.

But I agree that these pageants serve little to no purpose if the only thing they promote is skin deep beauty and rhetorical morals that fit only with the image they are promoting.

And that idea of offering a hijab as a fashion trend????? I guess one could look at that nefariously, but when taken in the context of at least a century of women hats and finery, I say ''why not''. I just finished watching Downton Abby and though out the ten years or so that the program chronicled, the women both rich and poor wore a continuing assortment of head gear. Likewise any of the old TCM moves demonstrate this as well. So again, why not. Maybe there are women in American culture that would be happier with a fashion trend that showed less instead of more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join