It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal damnation how bad can it be

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus preached love not hell, Jesus never used a big stick

Guess again...

Matthew 3
Matthew 5
Matthew 8
Matthew 10
Matthew 13
Matthew 18
Matthew 22
Matthew 25
Mark 9
Luke 10
Luke 16

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Guess again...

Matthew 3
Matthew 5
Matthew 8
Matthew 10
Matthew 13
Matthew 18
Matthew 22
Matthew 25
Mark 9
Luke 10
Luke 16

I linked an article that refutes clearly what you are saying, what you have copy and pasted from a website and not your own research

You were to lazy to even proof it
You think you are smarter because someone told you something, you didn’t check it, went and repeated what they told you to
Please go read the article, your comprehension of Christianity is second hand and not based on reading scripture

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

No I did know what irresistible grace was, just that many times I read a persons opinion and they have it confused with something else
Didn’t want to cross my wires and get it wrong

My problem with irresistible grace is what if someone, and there are plenty of people I have met, doesn’t want to spend eternity with God. You are suggesting God force Himself on them, go against their will in a relationship
There is only one unforgivable sin, denying Jesus

I was thinking your irresistible grace was Calvinistic not comprehensive

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No one can fully understand God's nature. He did a lot of conflicting judgement. He can be vengeful and inconsiderable. Yet He can also be merciful and loving.

However, I don't think He creates us all just to torture the majority of us for eternity. And I don't think a creator God would be a sadist one. But that is my opinion only.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Mystery_Lady

Christianity is about Gods love not hell, don’t believe the narrative the Catholic Church set up

www.rightreason.org...

That might have been a big stick. Jesus did talk about hell/ hades eternal judgment, and etc to warn us. The question did deal with eternal damnation.

I suggest you stop preaching catholic doctrine and read the link I placed in the comment I made
Jesus was about love, His message was “come to me because I love you” not because you will go to hell
Believe me, many people suffer a living hell on earth

Jesus never held a big stick except for the religious.
It was those in the church of the time, those religious people in authority that Jesus warned of coming judgement the most.
It’s people who call themselves christians who will be the most scrutinised by God

Is it recorded anywhere in the bible, after a miracle, a release from an illness, a possession, or resurrecting a person did Jesus say, “stop sinning or you will be condemned to the fiery pits of hell for eternity”, did anyone in the bible say that?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
No one can fully understand God's nature. He did a lot of conflicting judgement. He can be vengeful and inconsiderable. Yet He can also be merciful and loving.

However, I don't think He creates us all just to torture the majority of us for eternity. And I don't think a creator God would be a sadist one. But that is my opinion only.

I would be interested to hear this conflicting judgement. Vengeful? I read forgiving? Inconsiderable?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady

a reply to: Mystery_Lady

Christianity is about Gods love not hell, don’t believe the narrative the Catholic Church set up

www.rightreason.org...

That might have been a big stick. Jesus did talk about hell/ hades eternal judgment, and etc to warn us. The question did deal with eternal damnation.
/

My problem with your message is Jesus called the broken, sad, weak, sick, lonely, depressed into relationship, those the world neglected, those in the world who need love into His kingdom
Your message is, come to God to escape hell when Christ message was come to Me because I love you and care for you and I will repair what is broken
When people are living through what they perceive as hell, hell is not to be feared
Your message works on children, real adults in real pain need love support, compassion, not to be beaten with a big stick called hell and simply, some people are living a hell on earth.
And then you threaten them, think about it

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I would be interested to hear this conflicting judgement. Vengeful? I read forgiving? Inconsiderable?

A man gather woods on Sabbath day and Moses ordered his followers to stone the man till death. It's in the Hebrew testament.

Frankly I think whoever wrote that pieces of # exaggerate the true event.

And genocide the entire tribe even oxes were not spared? Come on. Why would a forgiving God order such reckless judgement?
edit on 23-7-2019 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I linked an article that refutes clearly what you are saying, what you have copy and pasted from a website and not your own research

You were to lazy to even proof it
You think you are smarter because someone told you something, you didn’t check it, went and repeated what they told you to

LOL! That link of yours was a lot of spin that didn't amount to anything. To say that Jesus spoke equally of heaven as hell doesn't mean he didn't speak of hell (or anything resembling it).

It sounds to me like you're the one who didn't look up the verses to see what they actually said.

You obviously need everything spelled out for you. You claim to read and study your Bible, but you're obviously not.

Matthew 3:9 - 11

9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Matthew 5:20, 30

20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 8:11

11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Matthew 10:28, 32-34

28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

edit on 23-7-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Matthew 13:10-13, 29-30, 40-42, 49

10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Yup. It' s written in the bible.

But consider this, there could be other scribers using Matthew, Mark, Luke and especially John's name. None of this apostles were present when Jesus was born. Thus they relied on other witnesses, most probably Mary or Herod and etc.

The Bible is not a reliable source.

That is all I can say.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Matthew 18:8-9

8 If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Matthew 22:11-14

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

Matthew 25:10-12, 29-30, 41, 46

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Well, you get the idea now, we can hope.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

The Bible is not a reliable source.

Says you, another unreliable source.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Your half truth messages are the ones that threaten salvation.

Do I need to remind you that you told an outright lie by stating that Jesus didn't preach about hell?

edit on 23-7-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Do I need to remind you that you told an outright lie by stating that Jesus didn't preach about hell?

Well.. That does not sound a man who was destined to sacrifice himself for the world, does he?

"Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." Did Jesus said it too? I bet Luke 23:34 wrote it wrong too.

On the other hand, Matthew 22:14 is a bit harsh. Are you sure Matthew wrote it right?

Have you consider to whom both Luke and Matthew were addressing? Do you think all of us are part of 2000 years old conversation regardless what Jesus had told before leaving for good?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Do I need to remind you, Jesus last word?

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise". Luke 23:34

We can be like the two thieves who sin against the Father in Heaven, yet were given forgiveness to enter heaven, can we not? Isn't that the whole purpose of Jesus' death?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It's as bad as you think it will be. Not what I or anyone else thinks about it. You.

That is how religion works.
edit on 23-7-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: god told me to

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The suffering in hell compare to having reborn multiple times in this forsaken world for countless ages, and having this dejavu's nightmares again and again?

I think hell is a better place. But I don't think it's where we will end up.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Well it’s Subjective, Jesus warned of hell no question.
I didn’t say hell didn’t exist either

It’s a bit like that first quote, cut off your hand, gouge out an eye, it’s not quite literal, certainly not the way it is being proposed

My point is for Christians to preach love not hell.

And I didn’t say Jesus didn’t preach hell, I said His message was love, big difference
edit on 24-7-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

This is heaven but no one sees it.... they are all imagining themselves in time and dead.

They are all fearing something which isn't!!

Find what is....... which requires no finding because it is all there is.... but is overlooked because of the belief in time.

PRESENCE is never not here.... it is the one and only.... it is Lord.

What is happening is happening!
edit on 24-7-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join