It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal damnation how bad can it be

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
I would suggest that god is the most spiteful, hateful and revengeful out of everyone. An absolute hypocrite. And I would tell him so

I think you are confusing God with humans.. That is if you base this conclusion of yours on what you see in the world today.

PS Good OP, 60 comments, no flags..got you.

edit on 24/7/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Do I need to remind you, Jesus last word?

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise". Luke 23:34

Jesus was speaking to ONE of the men that was being executed next to him because he professed his belief in who Jesus said He was. This did not refer to the other thief on the cross on the other side of him or any other persons.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And I didn’t say Jesus didn’t preach hell, I said His message was love, big difference.

Yes, you did say that Jesus didn't preach hell and I have your quote copied in my reply at the top of page 3 of this thread. No escaping or explaining that one away.

edit on 24-7-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

And I didn’t say Jesus didn’t preach hell, I said His message was love, big difference.

Yes, you did say that Jesus didn't preach hell and I have your quote copied in my reply at the top of page 3 of this thread. No escaping or explaining that one away.

Jesus preached a lot of things, He never preached hell, commented on it but no sermons on Hell but whatever
You are welcome to your opinion
I can live with my comments comfortably

Choose what you wish to choose, you have free will, it’s not impeding my life at all

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Jesus preached a lot of things, He never preached hell, commented on it but no sermons on Hell but whatever

Whatever...is right! You're still grasping at straws. This is precisely why everyone should learn to read their Bibles and do their own private Bible studies instead of taking your word for it, which is flawed.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Do I need to remind you, Jesus last word?

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise". Luke 23:34

Jesus was speaking to ONE of the men that was being executed next to him because he professed his belief in who Jesus said He was. This did not refer to the other thief on the cross on the other side of him or any other persons.

So what? My point still stand. If a lawless thief condemnable to death can still with Jesus in Paradise, what make you think it can't happen to us?

Do you dare to stone an adulterer widow first?

What did Jesus do instead? He forgave. His Father forgave.

So stop being so gloomy with the hell things. No one here is the sons of God anymore. We are all meant to make mistake. Otherwise what is the point of having freewill and being human?
edit on 24-7-2019 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No one ever said that the worst of sins weren't forgivable. The point of salvation is believing that Jesus was who He said He was and knowing that only He is capable of forgiving sins and bringing salvation resulting in eternal life in heaven. It's that simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

No one ever said that the worst of sins weren't forgivable. The point of salvation is believing that Jesus was who He said He was and knowing that only He is capable of forgiving sins and bringing salvation resulting in eternal life in heaven. It's that simple.

To a Christian yes.

To a Judaist nope.

To a Pagan also nope.

And to Muslim also nope.

And not to forget Abraham never mention Jesus salvation to his followers thousand years before Jesus was born.

And there is no such thing as Jesus salvation to both Adam and Eve.

You would think God is dumb enough not to acknowledge it?

Leave the judgement to the Almighty God for He knows better than you.

Your choice your faith is for your own good. So does for everyone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Did I tell people my opinion was right
Did I tell people to stop studying

There is a lot in your head

Irrespective, Jesus taught His followers to preach love never taught them to preach hellfire and damnation
Exestentialy Jesus taught christians to love, your choice

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Irrespective, Jesus taught His followers to preach love never taught them to preach hellfire and damnation
Exestentialy Jesus taught christians to love, your choice

If Jesus only taught love, He wouldn't have died on the cross would he? His disciples were killed for teaching the Gospel of the Kingdom, which included the fact that Jesus was the way, the truth, and the life. That's what Jesus taught.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

And not to forget Abraham never mention Jesus salvation to his followers thousand years before Jesus was born.

And there is no such thing as Jesus salvation to both Adam and Eve.

You would think God is dumb enough not to acknowledge it?

Leave the judgement to the Almighty God for He knows better than you.

Jesus IS the Almighty God. That's how Abraham, Adam, and Eve knew Him, but you choose to deny that, which is a subject for another thread that we've already hashed this out in.

Here's what Jesus had to say about Abraham...

John 8:54-58

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Yeah on the cross Jesus still taught forgiveness, funny that, “forgive them for they know not what they are doing”
Fundamentalist are a curse
To each their own, choose wisely...

His disciples, they died loving others, no violence, NO VIOLENCE!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

His disciples, they died loving others, no violence, NO VIOLENCE!

Let me refresh your memory on why Jesus told his disciples they would be killed...

Matthew 24

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I get it now, you want me to say Jesus didn’t preach love, cool 😎
I disagree
Get over it

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I've never asked you to say that. All I've ever said is that you should acknowledge the whole truth and not just partial and half truths, but you refuse to do that. You're the one who's refusing to "choose wisely" in your statements.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

No Deet
Jesus was perfect not me
You strike me as a person looking for human infallibility
Won’t get it here

Jesus didn’t preach hell, He preached love

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Jesus didn’t preach hell, He preached love

I've already proven you wrong by showing that He preached both.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
I would suggest that god is the most spiteful, hateful and revengeful out of everyone. An absolute hypocrite. And I would tell him so

I must say that was funny. I laughed so hard.

My apologies I don't want you thinking I am ridiculing you or poking fun at you. It is want you wrote that made me laugh.

I would LOVE to see you stand before the creator and chew him out. I really would because I would like to see what Jesus would do.

Have you never heard: "Fear the Lord thy God"

I know you have not felt it otherwise you would never say things like this and provoke his begotten son. The father is forgiving, his begotten son....not so much.

Your hate is directed at the wrong individual. Your hate should be directed at the "deceiver" Lucifer not the creator.

God loves you more than you know.

May God bless you and your family with health, peace and prosperity.

edit on 25-7-2019 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Jesus IS the Almighty God.

According to your interpretation.

That's how Abraham, Adam, and Eve knew Him,

Nope. The Lord God's name is fully revealed by Moses. And it is not Yeshua bar Yosef aka Jesus.

but you choose to deny that, which is a subject for another thread that we've already hashed this out in.

And I already explain why I don't buy trinity or Godhead.

Here's what Jesus had to say about Abraham...

John 8:54-58

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Jesus said, MY FATHER. He did not say I. What kind of twisted word do you not understand the two different person involved here. Even if you interpret based on trinity doctrine. Jesus is still not the Father. He is the son. And The Father cannot be the same as the son. Trinity recognise this difference. Do you?

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

And how is this sentence suppose to make sense if Jesus is God according to your interpretation? The Pharisee know Jesus. Thus They should know God too because they looking at God. But that is not what Jesus said here.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

And we have already talked about this. Jesus did not proclaim himself as God as you interpreted. He said He is now in the present ( " I am" ) who is more important than Abraham was.

www.christadelphians.com...

www.theonenessofgod.org...

edit on 25-7-2019 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Jesus preached love not hell, Jesus never used a big stick

Guess again...

Matthew 3
Matthew 5
Matthew 8
Matthew 10
Matthew 13
Matthew 18
Matthew 22
Matthew 25
Mark 9
Luke 10
Luke 16

Matthew 3 states that Jesus will burn up "the chaff with unquenchable fire" but wait - you make the mistake of thinking chaff is a class of people. See First Corinthians 3:15 = it states that it is our WORKS that are burned up. These works are our personal chaff, tares wood, hay and stubble. The person possessing these things, and we all do, will suffer loss, a lot or a little, be we will be saved.

Matthew 5 says "hell" in many versions, BUT the Greek word is "Gehenna," a place in the real world that you can visit today.

Luke 16 contains the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, but that parable is not about hell - it is about the future fate of the nation of Judah.

For the rest, I see nothing of any particular interest at this time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join