It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sentences 'CIA spies' to death after 'breaking ring'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well I greatly look forward to your thread. I always find you informative and your perspective refreshing.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think the hawks in Trumps administration - particularly John Bolton - must be rubbing their hands with glee at the moment. This escalation seems to be extremely engineered to me, and not by Iran.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Father and son....together at last.

Same hairdresser
Reckon they gonna make a great team in sorting out Planet Earth

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Sanctions were working against Iran and with the nuclear deal in place there was a channel for negotiations etc.
But rightly or wrongly - an irrelevant argument for the purposes of this thread - that deal is no longer in place and Iran is suffering.

Some factions are positively revelling in the current situation and see it as an opportunity to further their own specific aims and agendas be they extremist Shia Islam, pro-democracy and various other outcomes.
Others are panicking and see nothing but the demise of the current Iranian regime and just wish for the status quo to remain.

The Iranian people have immense pride in their culture and heritage and take huge offense if they think either has been insulted and disrespected.
They have to try and save face and we should remember that in all negotiations without appearing weak and uncertain and its imperative we maintain a united front.

When that oaf Johnson gets the keys to Downing Street god only knows what we can expect....the man is a complete and utter buffoon!

edit on 22/7/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Iran keeps testing their luck, sooner or later they will get what they ask for and more.

In two days time Boris Johnson will become our new Prime Minister then he can sort the mess out with a phone call to Trump. Two days to chill before the action starts

Boris Johnson warns Trump he wouldn't support a war with Iran.

Though, that was days before the UK's tanker got seized by Iran. Curious that they are poking every hornets nest they can find.

In the end, no one will have sympathy for Iran, they are going out of their way to piss everyone off. I still fail to see why this means my country needs to be goaded into a conflict, but I would understand it happening.

And of course everyone else is innocent when it comes to poking hornets nests!

Iran bad... we westerners good...

Bollocks.

Lags

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

All depends on how much wine is consumed by Bozo when he's planning things with Donald................... Maybe a trip to the Epstien island can smooth things out (if they not been there already
together) to sort out the ME

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Boris Johnson warns Trump he wouldn't support a war with Iran

Don't believe a word of it he'll be the best laugh of a Prime Minister we've ever had................... Daily foot in the dog poo type PM

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
When that oaf Johnson gets the keys to Downing Street god only knows what we can expect....the man is a complete and utter buffoon!

Totally agree. It's gonna be a daily comedy show. I hope we make it through the next few years

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Logic and moral right or wrong have not always gone hand in hand with US and UK foreign policy.

For me the obvious starting point would have been chopping off the head of the snake....Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Iran keeps testing their luck, sooner or later they will get what they ask for and more.

In two days time Boris Johnson will become our new Prime Minister then he can sort the mess out with a phone call to Trump. Two days to chill before the action starts

Though, that was days before the UK's tanker got seized by Iran. Curious that they are poking every hornets nest they can find.

In the end, no one will have sympathy for Iran, they are going out of their way to piss everyone off. I still fail to see why this means my country needs to be goaded into a conflict, but I would understand it happening.

Bollocks.

Lags

I don't attest to western execptionalism. I'm predominantly anti war, but I'm a realist and know if a country in the cross hairs provide fodder, things will ignite.

That doesn't mean I like or support it, just understand it.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Bollocks.

Lags

I don't attest to western execptionalism. I'm predominantly anti war, but I'm a realist and know if a country in the cross hairs provide fodder, things will ignite.

That doesn't mean I like or support it, just understand it.

And apparently Iran and the Iranians are the next cannon fodder on the list...

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Double post.

That time of the day again.
edit on 22-7-2019 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Many Cyber attacks attacks on USA companies, cities and other institutions via Ransomware in 2019 by Iran.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
People still believe propaganda from a religious based govt?

Chatter is that these 17 are Iranian citizens, who have never been out of Iran. Most likely just CIs.
edit on 22-7-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

What if these alleged spies were some of Trumps "Q" people working in the ME?
What Would DJT Do?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
a reply to: uncommitted

What if these alleged spies were some of Trumps "Q" people working in the ME?
What Would DJT Do?

Why did you make this about trump? Stay on topic.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

The way they treat their own people is sufficient

Would you like to tell us all about how they treat their own people?

Saddam was Correct, No Oil-rich country is safe from the US. He prophesied forced regime change if they didn't lie down to America's demands. Unfortunately, it was too late for Saddam and Ghaddafi, Al Assad, with the help from Russia, is holding out and Maduro is next to fall.

La-la-la

Nobody can hear your sensible comment, as it is drowned-out by the roar of the drums of war.

La-la-la...

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Iranuts? Really man. Those cia spies aint american citizens. They are iranians who went traitor on their country.

And is one aware of the proxy war the us started between iran and iraq? You know how many peeps died? Its why they hate us.

And NO...I am not a lefty before you start.
I don't know if you are lefty or righty!

And nor do I know who these so called spies are, but I do believe that the Iranian Leaders are not good for Iranians or us all!

Well dont worry honey, trump has already said they are lying.
Of course I think trump is lying and that we sent those guys in with promises of VISAs to the US to spy for us.
And their death is on the shoulders of the USA. And trump.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It’s always interesting to me that people point out Iran chanting “death to USA” like it happened in a vacuum. Like all we do is mind our own business and Iran just spontaneously decides to hate us. There is no validity here. Why do they chant such things? With legitimate reason.

As to Iran’s leadership. Far as I know there are Jews in Iran’s parliament. And Iran has the largest Jewish population outside Israel. Strange, with Israel offering Iranian Jews free money to repatriate, that those Jews would continue to choose to live in an oppressive society full of religious persecution for non Muslims, neh?

I think Iran has learned the lesson, which Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan failed to realize, that if you are an oil country, and don’t follow the western centralized bankers plan, there is no appeasing the us.

As to Libya. Qaddafi took it from the poorest nation in the world to the richest nation with the highest standard of living, healthcare and education FOR ALL ITS PEOPLE in Africa, similar to Brazil economically. I expect Qaddafi improved far more lives than trump or Obama ever did. Libya was a beacon of hope for all Africa that they would someday soon be out from under the heel of western banking and corporate peonage. That hope is gone.

And I wouldn’t expect Russia to stand by while we invade Iran.... if you do, think again. Iran and Russia both know they are in a fight for their very existence against western power.... and they are not the aggressors.

If we initiate hostility against Iran look to the straights of Hormuz being instantly closed down, and the worlds economy going into collapse as all the worlds oil supply is cut off, along with attacks against Saudi Arabia.

And it better happen soon as once turkey leaves nato which is appearing to be imminent, the rest of nato will collapse and the us will find it’s ability to project force in the region severely hampered.
edit on 22-7-2019 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And let’s be clear about something. If you live in the us, and feel personally threatened by some third world or near third world military with no ability to project force outside their immediate sphere, whether it’s iraq, Iran, Venezuela or Nicaragua, then maybe you need to examine your diet of mainstream media or narrative, and switch to something healthier.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join