It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sentences 'CIA spies' to death after 'breaking ring'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Are we safe with IRAN around!

We aren't safe with any Islamic state's around.

Historically it seems. No Islamic states are safe with America around, not the other way.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And let’s be clear here. What Islamic states have attacked us?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'd put money on the fact Iran Syria etc have all these supposed horrible monsters of leaders for a specific reason and towards an agenda

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
"We aren't safe with any Islamic state's around."

Historically it seems. No Islamic states are safe with America around, not the other way.

Islam's stated formal goal is world domination, with everyone either converting to Islam or having their heads sawed off.

No country is safe from that until Islam is wiped off the face of the earth.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

"We aren't safe with any Islamic state's around."

Islam's stated formal goal is world domination, with everyone either converting to Islam or having their heads sawed off.

No country is safe from that until Islam is wiped off the face of the earth.

Really? And who says this? Regardless, the Jewish bible has similar nonsense in it as does the Christian bible. We really could do away with most monotheisms and be much better off. However this isgnores the facts, which are that the vast majority of people are secular vs fundamentalists. But let’s be honest here, desperation and hopelessness are the primary things that drive fundamentalism. If you’d stop doing things to make Muslims desperate and hopeless, you’d have no reason to fear their fundamentalism. When I was young, prior to the wars in the Middle East, no one was afraid of Muslims. We were afraid of russians. And aids.
We created this situation. We attempted to overthrow every secularist Muslim nation. And we strongly supported the most fundamentalist and despotic ones. It doesn’t take rocket science to understand, but it takes some hardcore fundamentalist denialism to miss it. We created the problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"No country is safe from that until Islam is wiped off the face of the earth."

Really? And who says this?

I do. I have eyes to see and ears to hear, you see.

Regardless, the Jewish bible has similar nonsense in it as does the Christian bible.

Yeah... no.

The radical ideology that is Islam is to take over the world, and is not only baked in - their entire history proves they are serious about it.

You can apologize for them if you want. I won't.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

, the Jewish bible has similar nonsense in it as does the Christian bible.

No call for jihad in either of those... Where are you going with this? As someone married into a Jewish family, and having attended temple many times, this is confusing. Can you please refer to the scripture which calls for the same things the Koran does, in regards to non-believers, or infidels? I have read a good bit of all 3 book, and have not seen this in either of those two books. Though, to be fair, the interpretation of the Koran has a lot to do with the radicals justification of lying, deceiving, and killing of non-believers.
edit on 23-7-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
So your own country's media outs them as confirming they're spies in the article?? IF THEY'RE SPIES YOU DON'T SAY THEY ARE! what the HELL?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Really? Deuteronomy 17,13. Numbers 31. Come on, google is your friend. Most religions, monotheistic ones anyhow, see themselves as taking over the world. Hell, the evangelical Christians, a nice large chunk of the USA, think they need to start a nuclear war in Israel for Jesus to come back! They’re a doomsday cult with a hard on for Armageddon who would happily wipe out all of humanity. I’d say that’s worse than Muslims and the branch Davidians combined.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Really? Deuteronomy 17,13. Numbers 31. Come on, google is your friend. Most religions, monotheistic ones anyhow, see themselves as taking over the world. Hell, the evangelical Christians, a nice large chunk of the USA, think they need to start a nuclear war in Israel for Jesus to come back! They’re a doomsday cult with a hard on for Armageddon who would happily wipe out all of humanity. I’d say that’s worse than Muslims and the branch Davidians combined.

Again, open to intepretation.

Saying that man too will die (deut 17), is not the same as the call to kill infidels. And numbers calls for retribution, or revenge for grievances against the tribes of Israel. Again completely different.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No, I think both Deuteronomy and numbers specifically talked about issues where other gods were worshipped, and I believe stoning to death was involved. And again, failing to address the Armageddon cult of American evangelicals which to me is far more dangerous and real a threat than a Muslim world domination. And it dodged the historical fallacy of your portrayal of Muslim danger as well. Prior to our middle eastern wars and interventions, there were multiple secular nations working towards progress both industrially, morally, and culturally. Iran, for instance, was the most westernized nation in the Middle East, with a more egalitarian culture, you can see Persian women in pictures back then wearing bathing suits, etc. And they made the mistake of using oil profits to help their people, as any morally advanced and mature culture and society would do. So naturally we had to overthrow their ruler, upend their democracy and install one of the most brutal dictatorial regimes in the world. Strange how they have less than glowing opinions of us now, but that aside, we certainly haven’t encouraged democracy, human rights, or social evolution in that region. Indeed our closest ally over there is also the most fundamentalist, dictatorial nation in the region. Similarly to how our closest ally in South America is Columbia, the place with the worst human rights record, and the worst dictatorial regime and most corrupt in the Western Hemisphere.

At any rate, as you say, it’s open to interpretation and I’d say a fair review of us history of involvement in the Middle East could lead any Muslim or other rational person to conclude that no Muslim country will be safe in a world with American capitalism. I’ll put forth and defend the notion that we have, intentionally, stunted the growth, freedom, and evolution of these many nations in South America, Africa, and the Middle East, all in the name of profit, cheap labor, and power.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No, I think both Deuteronomy and numbers specifically talked about issues where other gods were worshipped, and I believe stoning to death was involved. And again, failing to address the Armageddon cult of American evangelicals which to me is far more dangerous and real a threat than a Muslim world domination. And it dodged the historical fallacy of your portrayal of Muslim danger as well. Prior to our middle eastern wars and interventions, there were multiple secular nations working towards progress both industrially, morally, and culturally. Iran, for instance, was the most westernized nation in the Middle East, with a more egalitarian culture, you can see Persian women in pictures back then wearing bathing suits, etc. And they made the mistake of using oil profits to help their people, as any morally advanced and mature culture and society would do. So naturally we had to overthrow their ruler, upend their democracy and install one of the most brutal dictatorial regimes in the world. Strange how they have less than glowing opinions of us now, but that aside, we certainly haven’t encouraged democracy, human rights, or social evolution in that region. Indeed our closest ally over there is also the most fundamentalist, dictatorial nation in the region. Similarly to how our closest ally in South America is Columbia, the place with the worst human rights record, and the worst dictatorial regime and most corrupt in the Western Hemisphere.

At any rate, as you say, it’s open to interpretation and I’d say a fair review of us history of involvement in the Middle East could lead any Muslim or other rational person to conclude that no Muslim country will be safe in a world with American capitalism. I’ll put forth and defend the notion that we have, intentionally, stunted the growth, freedom, and evolution of these many nations in South America, Africa, and the Middle East, all in the name of profit, cheap labor, and power.

Well said, and I agree about US involvement overseas. I am a non-interventionist. Pull our troops home. Work on defense, and only keep a few bases with allies, for defensive purposes, and to keep travel ways safe.

I just dont see the hate now from the Christians and Jewish people I know. I know the religion had bad times, bur I do not see it happening today. I am still searching when it comes to religion, and havent thrown my hat anywhere (except a ongoing journey to be more buddha like), but don't think it is as evil as you make it out to be. Outliers will be outliers, but if religion helps people treat each other better I am all for it.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Agreed. I strongly believe that if we failed to provide Muslims with a great enemy, and helped them develop and advance, they would grow spiritually and develop more egalitarian views as well. It’s a great enemy that allows fundamentalism to flourish, which is why populist demagogues like trump create them. Hopefully the Muslims wouldn’t advance in the way that we have. Our morally bankrupt views of profit being more important than human lives has, I think, cost the world more in lives and misery than any Muslim crusade. It’s brought about 2 world wars, is working hard on a third, and has subjugated 3/4 of the worlds population to poverty and misery over numerous generations.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

We created the problem.

No, 'we' didn't.

The problem has been there from the moment Mohammad had his 'visions'.
There has always been enmity between Islam and non-Islamic nations, predominantly Christian one's.
Any casual reading of history tells us this.

They’re a doomsday cult with a hard on for Armageddon who would happily wipe out all of humanity.

There are plenty of Islamic equivalents.
The Hojjiateh in Iran is one that immediately springs to mind....and they are far greater in numbers and influential than any Christian fundamentalist crack pot sect.

It truly disgusts me that people fall for the anti-Iran propaganda whilst 'we' turn a blind eye to the extremes of the largest sponsor and exporter of Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism in the world; Saudi Arabia.
I'm certainly no Christian bible basher - Agnostic for what it's worth - nor am I an Islamic apologist.
Just pointing out that to apportion all the blame, as you appear to be, on 'Christian' nations and/or the US is way wide of the mark.

You may point out pieces of scripture in the Old Testament that can be interpreted as you have done so.
But it's in no way as prevalent as it is in Islamic teachings.
Jihad and the establishment of a worldwide Caliphate really is a basic tenet of the vast majority of Islamic denominations.

US and UK policies in the Middle East certainly hasn't helped things at times and it seems we haven't learned any lessons from even very recent history - the hawks seem intent on dragging us into yet another totally unnecessary and morally inexcusable war with Iran - but to apportion all the blame on 'us' is way, way wide of the mark.
Islam must, and should, bear at least an equal portion of the blame.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Obviously you haven't realized yet that Iran is pushing us to war. Which imo it means they already have nukes.

BTW, no civilized country captures oil tankers of other nations. And most nations do not execute people simply for being branded as spies...

Iran is pushing the western world towards war, but you are fine and dandy with it for some strange reason...

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All will be OK when access to their is gotten, nothing to see here move along.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Obviously you haven't realized yet that Iran is pushing us to war.

Obviously you haven't realized yet that special interest groups are pushing you to war , Iran is standing up for itself in the face of financial attack.

BTW, no civilized country captures oil tankers of other nations.

We did and so now the Iranians have , they said they would , tit4tat.

Iran is pushing the western world towards war, but you are fine and dandy with it for some strange reason...

America, or rather members of its current administration are pushing the Western world toward war and No I'm not fine and dandy with that.

We've been here before , remember ?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I don't understand what you mean by "are we safe with IRAN around?"

IRAN will never invade your country. Even if there was a slaughter/invasion/war with IRAN you will still be safe.

Have they done something to make you feel unsafe?

Provide funds to terrorist who would like to set off a dirty bomb on us soil?
If you are gay in Iran, you are definitely not safe.

Their chants of death to America are finally being answered.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: pexx421

We created the problem.

No, 'we' didn't.

The problem has been there from the moment Mohammad had his 'visions'.
There has always been enmity between Islam and non-Islamic nations, predominantly Christian one's.
Any casual reading of history tells us this.

They’re a doomsday cult with a hard on for Armageddon who would happily wipe out all of humanity.

There are plenty of Islamic equivalents.
The Hojjiateh in Iran is one that immediately springs to mind....and they are far greater in numbers and influential than any Christian fundamentalist crack pot sect.

It truly disgusts me that people fall for the anti-Iran propaganda whilst 'we' turn a blind eye to the extremes of the largest sponsor and exporter of Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism in the world; Saudi Arabia.
I'm certainly no Christian bible basher - Agnostic for what it's worth - nor am I an Islamic apologist.
Just pointing out that to apportion all the blame, as you appear to be, on 'Christian' nations and/or the US is way wide of the mark.

You may point out pieces of scripture in the Old Testament that can be interpreted as you have done so.
But it's in no way as prevalent as it is in Islamic teachings.
Jihad and the establishment of a worldwide Caliphate really is a basic tenet of the vast majority of Islamic denominations.

US and UK policies in the Middle East certainly hasn't helped things at times and it seems we haven't learned any lessons from even very recent history - the hawks seem intent on dragging us into yet another totally unnecessary and morally inexcusable war with Iran - but to apportion all the blame on 'us' is way, way wide of the mark.
Islam must, and should, bear at least an equal portion of the blame.

See and all this that you believe is based upon the myth that religions cause wars. Every single war is about money and power. Religion is used as an excuse, but all those wars are really motivated by those in power wanting more power. The Islam or the Christianity is not the problem. It’s the greedy, arrogant princes and oligarchs.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

All the accusations you make towards Iran can be at least equally applied to Saudi Arabia.

And Saudi Arabian's have carried out several acts of terrorism against the US and one very notable attack inside the US.
All have suspected links to senior Saudi officials.

Yet no desire for war with Saudi Arabia.....why?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join