It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind Of Weapon Is This

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Was scrolling through one of my favorite Reddit Subs watchpeoplesurvive and ran across this vid showing how close the shrapnel came to this guy. What kind of weapon is this? Was the truck loaded with explosives?

This FPS guy is a little crazy eh?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Tannerite.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yup- what he said. Truck is loaded with bang-stuff.
The rifle is a pretty standard boomstick, looks like a 7.62 but could be 5.56. I'm not very familiar with either but they're everywhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
Tannerite.

Ah, I see. I was unaware of this. When I used to live in the country, I heard gunshots for years and I am surprised I never heard any of this stuff exploding. Seems like it would be fun to target practice with, outside of city limits of course.
Thanks for the reply

ETA: I can't believe this guy doesn't wear safety glasses!
edit on 3amf31370131 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Did a little more digging and I think it is a DRD Paratus-18 (Suit Case Gun)?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: waftist

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
Tannerite.

Ah, I see. I was unaware of this. You can get this stuff at WalMart too. When I used to live in the country, I heard gunshots for years and I am surprised I never heard any of this stuff exploding. Seems like it would be fun to target practice with, outside of city limits of course.
Thanks for the reply

ETA: I can't believe this guy doesn't wear safety glasses!

Sorry I didn't elaborate further, ATS is running like crap right now. But yea it looks fun but it is dangerous if your dumb with it. There is a video on youtube where a guy shot a lawnmower packed with it, he lost his leg. Also this guy fpsrussia is pretty controversial. His producer was murdered execution style. Other weird stuff too.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Edit: in the time it took my post to load, TheGreatWork answered all👍😊

Tannerite...

They're good videos, but you might remember this.

The videos are hosted by Kyle Lamar Myers, an American born in Lavonia, Georgia, USA, playing the role of Dmitri Potapoff, a heavily accented Russian from Moscow. Each video on the channel generally has Myers explaining the characteristics of the weapons he will use in that video 

Keep in mind YT went through and still is going through a purge of gun videos..

Death of Keith RatliffEdit

On January 6, 2013, Keith Ratliff, a member of the FPSRussia's production team, was found shot dead in his own gun store.[16][17]Ratliff was responsible for obtaining the firearms used in the videos.[18] Following Ratliff's death, the production of FPSRussia's videos went on hiatus until February 19, 2013.[19] In March 2013, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) said it was still investigating.[20] However, as there have been no official updates since the initial reports following Ratliff's death,[21] the case has become the subject of numerous conspiracy theories.[22]

ATF raidsEdit

On March 29, 2013, Myers' Georgia residence was searched by upwards of 40 members of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives alongside officers from the GBI. The investigators also searched Myers's father's nearby farm, a frequent filming location for FPSRussia. ATF spokesman Richard Coes said the justification for the search was "that [Myers] was using explosives and getting paid for it via YouTube."[23][24]

In August 2017, Myers' residence was again raided after Myers was alleged to have received 25 grams of butane hash oil through the mail. Myers was arrested for felony possession of a restricted substance with intent to distribute and 50 of his weapons were confiscated under a federal law that prohibits illegal drug users from possessing firearms. He later plead guilty to marijuana possession.[25] On June 19, 2019, Myer's was sentenced to two years probation and would be required to spend two months living at a halfway house.[26]

edit on 3-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Is that the Pickup Trucks door "coming right aat him"?www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

...He later plead guilty to marijuana possession.[25] ...

I wonder, is that a Felony in GA?

I also wonder if he got his firearms back. (If a Felony, I know the answer)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Looks like a piece of plastic from the dash, probably the heater core/fan cover under the dash. If it would have been metal you'd probably not have seen it (too fast).

edit on 7/4/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Looks like a gun.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's illegal to blow up anything with tannerite in most states.

Most states class blowing up trucks with tannerite is a bombing.

You can shoot tannerite out in the open but if you use it as a bomb to blow up something its a federal and likely state felony.

Do not blow up things with tannerite or you may spend time in jail and don't post it on the internet so that states do not ban tannerite.
edit on 4-7-2019 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

^^^^^^THIS is actually a good point!^^^^^

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
He was only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

top topics

join