It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Lawsuit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Ways and Means Committee has filed a lawsuit against the Treasury Department, the IRS, Mnuchin and Rettig. You can read it here.

The funny thing is, while reading through it, to always find comical ways that the legislators use Trump's own words and public statements to gain the upper hand. I don't think he realizes that what he says in public can be used against him, and always seems surprised when people bring up something he said earlier.

So now, because of his public complaints that he is being treated unfairly by the IRS, the court may actually rule in favor of the Congress, in order for them to keep up their duties and make sure the process is fair.

Also because of how strong of a Christian he is *cough*, the IRS is targeting him.

When lies backfire.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Except that is not Congress' goal. Kind of hard to argue they are trying to help Trump when he is saying he doesn't want their help. Any liberal who is for this should keep in mind whatever is done to someone else today will be done to them tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Do you actually think the IRS is incompetent? Or do you just enjoy the distractions?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

''Because of his strong Christian faith''

My question here is when will members of the Christian faith stop being silent about this fraud and abandon him. Maybe never as to me at least their willingness to accept him as an instrument of God's will seems quite a stretch of the imagination.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Except that is not Congress' goal. Kind of hard to argue they are trying to help Trump when he is saying he doesn't want their help. Any liberal who is for this should keep in mind whatever is done to someone else today will be done to them tomorrow.

Given that no Democratic president has refused to be transparent and release returns, that should not be an issue. The only two that come to mind are Republican - Nixon and Trump.

I will vow publicly here - if any Democratic candidate refuses to be open, they will not have my vote.

Can you claim the same?

edit on 2-7-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It will fail and the case after that will fail.

The reason? Because its publicly known that the democrats WILL leak those tax documents.

Too much of that threat exist and they know it.

They shall furnish those documents in the interest of private review, but if evidence exist that suggest the movement is political in nature, than they can deny those request. The beauty in the language and nothing is ever absolute.

Fail, no star, no flag.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Given that no Democratic president has refused to be transparent and release returns, that should not be an issue. The only two that come to mind are Republican - Nixon and Trump.

I will vow publicly here - if any Democratic candidate refuses to be open, they will not have my vote.

Can you claim the same?

It isn't a requirement, therefore your post is moot.

The democrats simply want them because they want to try and satisfy political grudges, the likes we haven't seen in ages.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The only two that come to mind are Republican - Nixon and Trump.

How is that possible when Nixon started the precedent?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There goes another $5,000,000 of taxpayer waste 😆

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Trump playing Democrats like a fiddle 😎

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Transparent about what? Why should he? Where in the Constitution is that a requirement?

Congress is trying to weaponize his tax returns, he is doing exactly what he should. I blame Democrats and Congress.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

People on the right really don't care how much or how little money someone else has. I pity the people who choose to be upset because someone has it better than them.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I love when Attorneys try and use feelings in their motions, instead of relying on case law, facts, etc.

It makes for a great read; it's enough to get their client all riled up, but in reality, it's just a bunch of useless words that make other people (other attorneys, the judge, etc.) giggle.

True story.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Can you claim the same?

The democrats simply want them because they want to try and satisfy political grudges, the likes we haven't seen in ages.

Political grudges...like the Republican birther movement?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You mean a movement based on an actual Constitutional requirement?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

''Because of his strong Christian faith''

My question here is when will members of the Christian faith stop being silent about this fraud and abandon him. Maybe never as to me at least their willingness to accept him as an instrument of God's will seems quite a stretch of the imagination.

We are not electing a minister to care for our spiritual needs.

We are electing someone to run our country. If you are going to hold polititians to the same standards of religious leaders, you will never vote for anyone.

Besides, the choice for president is a binary choice. Are you suggesting that "Christians" not vote? What sense does that make, given the dem platform, which is moving farther left every minute.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nah like the IRS being weaponized against the conservatives or journalists and future presidents being spied on.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Arnie123

Can you claim the same?

Political grudges...like the Republican birther movement?

That was co-opted from Hillary's campaign....

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Trump Tax lawsuit. Lol... The lengths these people will go to to piss and moan about Trump because he's basically a shoe in for the 2020 election... Keep up the bad work guys. You're only helping us.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So the Democrats that control the House have accomplished a couple of Trump investigations I see. Still nothing for the US citizens though. Hell, the Senate had to write the border bill to address the humanitarian crisis at the border.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join