It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nice job South Koreans!

Was this my lullaby? I'm still awake at 4:26 AM.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not one single person in the Shed?

is everyone ok? Does anyone need a hug? Where is my family?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

LookingForABetterLife Thank You Very Much about My Short Tale! I Appreciate it!! Oh Hey I wish I could Help You somehow about yer Medical issues. I do however have one piece of advice. Smoke Weed, or eat it, if It's legal in Your state recreationally, or even Medically. There have been Many Many Complete turn around's for critically Ill people!

I would use weed if I could but like everything involving having a life it is beyond my means.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Me here. It's been a hard day for me.

Off the point a bit is the call I got from the pharmacy about one of my heart meds. They said that they mislabeled it and I should be taking it twice a day, not once.

If our AI Overlords were in charge of this then this mistake wouldn't happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
45 minutes. 45 freaking minutes of two tween girls yelling and arguing over who's turn to clean the rabbit hutch it was.

I shut the internet off for the "shut up and get it DONE" threat.

The hutch was cleaned by them teaming up and in record time with minimal talking. They even vacuumed the living room for good measure, lmao.

originally posted by: SyxPak

Nyiah
I see that You are having probs with a Car. I'm not sure how mechanically Inclined You are but, be sure Your Rotors cannot be turned down. If there is enough Material, They can turn those on a lathe, to clean them up. That is a Heck of a LOT Cheaper, then full replacements!

I know one is legitimately warped, I think the other is badly worn down. I believe the consensus was they're very likely original to the car (pushing 12 years old) and that many years of bad MI roads and winter road salt wear adds up.
I'll run it by hubby, he was as all up under the lift as the mechanic was (he's a great guy like that, likes his clients to be involved) and knows his way around cars damn well anyway, he'd know if it was a reworking/refurbishment or literal replacement they're going for.

Where are You in Michigan, if I may ask? Can answer if You want, using the Private messenger. Or Not. I don't want yo to fee l like you have to answer Me at all though... I lived in Pontiac, right outside of Detroit for a summer, then up in Bay City for 2 years, a little over 35 years ago. I am about 9 hours West of Bay City now, In Illinois, right next to the Mississippi River. Part of the Quad Cities, in Coal Valley...

Grand Rapids suburbs, JinMI is actually temporarily in the same suburb as me for a while. We've probably walked right past each other in stores and never knew it, lol.

I'm "map familiar" with the Detroit area, my dad's originally from there (my mom's from the GR area) If you know where Grosse Pointe is, my dad grew up there and in Detroit proper (hell if I know which neighborhood, though) He and my younger brother live in Sterling Heights now.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Not one single person in the Shed?

is everyone ok? Does anyone need a hug? Where is my family?

Sweet Pea. I am here, every single day, starring and flagging. But it has just been too "strenuous" as you know. Too many deterrents.
Hugs all around abound.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

If our AI Overlords were in charge, they'd wipe us off the face of the planet terminator style.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Shutting off the internet was a good idea. Lol

Maybe they could make a little chart to mark off who cleaned the hutch last.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Wow, look at you girl! Love the avatar!

At first as I was scrolling through, I thought we had a new person and then saw...IT'S WIS! Miss you so much my friend!
The pixies and I could have used your help in the kitchen today. We made French meat pies. Maybe you can come back in and help decorate for Halloween. We can have a Halloween decorating party. I'll bring the bottle of boos.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

If our AI Overlords were in charge, they'd wipe us off the face of the planet terminator style.

Is there a better solution than this?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Is there a better solution than this?

Possibly, if benign!

No more hunger, no more disease, better transportation, enhanced stability, fairer economics just for starters...

Not long afterwards, re-arranging atoms and all sorts of nonsense... meet God basically.

Just suspending my own viewpoint for a minute whilst attempting Devil's Advocate and thinking of an AI singularity

edit on 6-10-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
LOL!

AI can be an amazing thing, BUT...things always seem to fall into the wrong hands and then...chaos!

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

edit on 6-10-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Umm...it's a plant, you can grow it. It is not hard. They even sell feminised seeds these days. Using feminised seeds guarantees you a female plant because it is only the flowers of the (preferably unpollinated) female plant that gives a harvest. You can grow it in the ground or in small pots on a balcony with no ease. You can also "make" your own plants by taking cuttings from a mother plant, reducing cost even further at the expense of time and preparation.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good Day/Eve my loves!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
*waves to lurkers* .. hope you’re all having a good day !

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Night and Pesky fell in line with the traveling Elves of Alandia, a blue mist forming all around them.
The colorful, iridescent wings of the pixie became heavy with fatigue. She fluttered to Night's delicate shoulder for a reprieve. Slowly, Elves turned their heads, sensing that one of their own had joined them. Heads nodded and hands were crossed over their hearts in acknowledgement and deep respect.

"Night, where are we going?" asked Pesky.
"To a sacred place for an annual gathering. Do you hear the brook as it passes over the moss covered rocks? They speak."
"And you understand their language? I don't hear them speaking." said the little pixie. "just the water flowing."
Night grinned. "Exactly."
"Wait...what? That is their language?"
"Well, part of it anyway." replied Night.

They were closer now and could see the crystal water, surrounded by ancient trees. Beside the brook was a small wooden house with flowers and vines growing upon it. A window was lit with a small lantern. "The brook is telling us to stay, to meet with the one who dwells here."
"But we'll miss the sacred gathering. I thought we were going on a journey. I thought we would sing and dance and talk with your people and have a great feast and..."
"Hush little one."

All became silent. The brook became still, no sight or sound of the nocturnal creatures, just an eerie silence invading their space. Night turned slowly as a forest elemental appeared from a nearby tree.

edit on 7-10-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Good to see you, Wis. Hope you are well.

And Night Star.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Beautiful story, Night! Good to see magic still shining in the Shed!

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join