It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thank you Sir Lone of the Shedlands! Magic lives and breathes here...always.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
She's better than John Denver !!!!! 😃

Hikaru Nishida !!

edit on Oct-08-2019 by xuenchen because: 🎯

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hiya Xuenchen! How are you? Nice video, thanks for sharing!

You can talk more in here you know. Don't be shy. Have a pixie drink and make yourself at home.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hi shed people. Well the winds picked up here last couple of days and the temperature is increasing.

Hot winds, locking the house down again. Smoke comes from fires burning around a 270 degree circumference around our little village. Thankfully most of it is in state and national forest. The burnt out areas are huge now.

I write this because the wind has increased and causing damage in our local area and late this afternoon an unusual thing happened. As you know my wife is away and my elder son has come to stay for a week. We've been having fun with the dogs and the 4 wheel drive rally truck. It's funny watching the dogs in the back bench seat bracing and leaning into bends. They lose that thought process when they spot a roo and it's all dogs for themselves at the nearest window. But that's the fun.

Well, I was sitting in the kitchen and my son went for a drive. Came back in about 5 minutes later and said, "Dad! the power lines are down. " Casually I said. "Where mate." He replied, "The house lines, across the driveway." Mental thought. Huh? Oooo Oooo. House power is still on. "Show me." So we took a walk and sure enough, that blasted wind, had ripped the house lines down and they were laying on the driveway. The dogs wouldn't go near the lines which told me something. A simple spark in the wind would have set off a fire that, we couldn't control. So I rang the emergency services and appraised them of the situation.

Sure enough our part of the grid was shut down and being evening by now we were blacked out. Lucky for the battery emergency lighting. Bush Fire brigade turned up. Flashing lights. Exciting. Asked about the lines and I said, "You just drove over them. "Wha??, why wasn't someone there to warn us?" I said, "Can't see, pitch black (smoke, night time an all) and I told the emergency services where they were and don't come up the driveway."

Had to lock the dogs in the house otherwise they would've licked the fire brigade ladies to death.

The brigade ladies remained for a bit until the linesmen arrived. The brigade got called away. Apparently, tree across power lines and another fire has started not far away from the sparks. Guess I was lucky that didn't happen here.

Power now restored, hence I write this story.

Bit of excitement for the evening but now that dreaded trepidation is setting in. Learning to despise hot winds and fires.

My kindest regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

With all the fires out there, I'm beginning to wonder if you're living in hell. Glad that you're safe mate.
I wish you lived in a safer area.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
If only I could but there is no way I can.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Good Day Blue! Could you be a dear and help me with this batch of donuts? Our lurkers have been pounding on the windows for a while now. I don't know what the pixies are up to, but they are slacking with their donut making.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Help with the donuts? But I'm busy with the guinea pig flavored ice cream I order from Ecuador.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Raises an eyebrow and looks at Blue. Ummm...that's ok. The pixies are back.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It's an international treat...

There be guinea pigs in my ice cream

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Barf. Did you see what other concoctions she came up with? That is just...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

More flavors than Baskin-Robbins, yum.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
* Pokes head in.

Sees what is on the menu.

Runs away.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

No,no, no, that's what's on Blue's menu! Come back! Runs after Dave.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

More flavors than Baskin-Robbins, yum.

Crikey! With all the Koalas travelling eastward from the fires here I could be onto something. Thanks LookLife person.

Going to the cheap supermarket to buy me some cones.

Bally

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Noooo, not the koalas!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
"Remember those days
Your emotions went wild
You were so young
Well, nothing much has changed
We got older and learned how to get along
Remember those nights
Remember those days
I don't know where I've been
Just move along"

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Today i have too many questions running around inside my brains. And i have been trying to suppress my cognitive mindset with beer but it is not working at all. I am jumping into conclusions. This is not productive at all

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Great music as always Fin!

Sorry you're feeling down today. It would be useful if our brains had an off button sometimes. Then we would have a reprieve from things that don't serve us well. If you need to talk, I'm just a private message away, or you could share in here if you'd like.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm finally home. The dogs are happy. So am I.

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join