It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Something special...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I should spend some effort and a little bit of money to make this place feel like home.

Now this is more like just an apartment, which i pay rent for. Where i sleep, eat, go to sauna or shower, basic stuff like that. I need plants. I have had some before, and they cheer up the atmosphere instantly. And cleanse air. And green color has been proven to have a calming effect.

An animal pet is ruled out. Self-induced restriction. I can live with the fact that i just don't water the plant for some odd reason for a while, they die, and i throw them away. But animal pet... no way, i have plenty to do with just keeping myself in some kind of shape. Good thing my friends have them. Cats mostly.

About a year ago, when the elderly lady next door rang my doorbell and said "I have dropped my phone and now it is in pieces, can you come to help" well, she had lots of plants. Higher in the room, floor level, and little ones and a few bigger ones. There i felt serenity due to my surroundings. Here..? not so much. Very rarely.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I have many live plants in my apartment and just love having and nurturing them. You might do well with various kinds of cactuses which are hardy and don't need to be watered much. I have 3 or 4 myself and some hanging green leafy plants amongst others.

Surround yourself with things that make you smile. With plants, you can often take cuttings and root them to make more plants. So you get a lot of free plants. Just go online and search for hearty houseplants and see how to care for them properly.

Love your meme!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I have many live plants in my apartment and just love having and nurturing them. You might do well with various kinds of cactuses which are hardy and don't need to be watered much. I have 3 or 4 myself and some hanging green leafy plants amongst others.

Cool, you inspired me to learn. i appreciate that and thank you for that.

"Cactus plural: Cactuses is an alternative spelling of the same plural noun. According to Bryan Garner (2016), both are accepted variants. Cactuses is more common in speech and ordinary usage, while cacti is favored in print sources and scientific uses."

I was confident that it was cactae, and in any case, i would have been way off.

Yeah, but i don't like them. Cactuses. Spiky and ready to hurt me.

I have also taken cuttings of some plants, and put them to soil and keep them moist. Without checking from google. Sometimes they sprouted and thus offered me more plants, sometimes they gave up (wasn't supposed to reproduce like that anyway?). But when they did, the awe i felt within me, towards a new and healthy life form, is now here with us now, and i made it happen! Yes i know it is "only" a plant but those moments were very pleasant little moments.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Plants are living things. I talk to mine sometimes. There are cool videos on how they react to various scenarios. It is very satisfying to nurture plants. They make me smile all the time. Love them!

It is after 4 am here and I took a nap in the evening, so...trying to get sleepy again. Lol

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Check this out.

This is cool…

edit on 2-10-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Check this out.

Okay. I will. But before that, i want you to answer if you are ready to rock with me, just like a couple of days ago?

BOOM!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Good afternoon! (please insert correct time of day for yourself)

I feel lazy.

Wikipedia says: "The Rasmus is a Finnish rock band that formed in 1994 in Helsinki while the band members were in upper comprehensive school."

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Night Star

Please check your PM's

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'll always rock with you Fin!

Loved both vids that you posted!

Hope you are having a beautiful night or whatever it is for you.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

OH. Going now Hun.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My home vacation has begun! 2 weeks! Dropped the "Truey" off at the airport. ( going to be with daughter having first baby) 10 hour return drive home. Got home before midnight last night. Had a cup of tea, played around on the computer until true love rang and let me know she arrived safely. Upon arrival home the dogs were a bit confused. Happy to see me but kept going back to the doors of the car looking for 'mum'. Funny as.

Well, I took to the bottom room for bed. Further confusing the poor dogs. Pacing up and down the stairs, checking on me then upstairs to see who was supposed to be sleeping in the main bed. Up this morning late. 3 coffees, several smokes and a click clack on the computer keys.

Time to go to TOWN! Ahhh, town, bit of shopping, visit the pub, pick up grog. Visit the butcher, pick up dog bones. Get some "snakos" , crisps, frozen pizza, frozen chips, dim sims, pies, sausage rolls, pickled onions and celery sticks for greens.

Party today for me and the dogstars. 100 acres driving around in a rally 4 wheel drive revving the guts out of it with a six pack, crisps, 4 dogs across the back seat and dog bones.

Later the music will come on full volume. The dogs and I will play 'hide and seek', 'fetch', nicely scare the cats (yay, our fav game dad!) and a treasure hunt for bones. Later, after all the frivolity and drinking, I'll cook a baked dinner. Pizza.

Part time at my 'animal farm'. Then ponder, what to do the next 13 days. Gotta love the bush life.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001
You’re hilarious in painting a picture of your plans for the day. Thank you for sharing.

Now go have fun with those dogs !

edit on 2-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Quick, everyone get to Bally's for party time! That and...we have to save the cats.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

edit on 3-10-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Good Morning Shed Friends!

I have to go to a funeral early in the morning as my elderly Aunt passed away. It is 3:33 AM and haven't slept yet.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day. For all our missing Sheddites and lurkers, come out, come out wherever you are.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sorry to hear mate. If it's any consolation I had a couple of favorite aunts.. Enjoyed my time with them learning cooking, being tidy and gaining a perspective of family life outside mine. They always smiled at me. ('Aww shucks' I'd feel) I was shy but did my best to please them.

Great role models. Learned to cook from Aunty Jose. Often use her recipes. Aunty Margi taught me how to mend simple things like socks (darning), hand sewing hems and repairing pillow cases. This was great for my days in the navy. Aunty Jen taught me the value of friendship and laughter. I still have fun with that lesson. Auntie Sadie lent her experience of self sufficiency which I'm using presently. Another Aunty, Margaret, instilled upon me the manners and politeness of being a good man towards womenfolk. I guess I could go on. I had many Aunties and Uncles that were role models. Perhaps, I take from their education and personal willingness to be kind aunties to me that I would not shame their expectations. Such were the old days. I remember Aunty Jose being shocked I got a tattoo while on deployment over seas. (Hawaii of all places) 'STEPHEN!" Mum's indignation was worse. lol now. That was was last Tat.

I took up smoking tobacco while on the 'ship' for nefarious reasons. (Another story) Aunty Jen showed me how to hold a cig correctly. My goodness, I still do it to this day and if ever in the street I walk on the gutter side of my 'true love'. Thanks to Aunties. (Men always walked on the gutter side so the ladies did not get splashed in wet weather by cars or buses).

Upon their individual passing away I was deeply saddened and said a little prayer. Sure, I've had my personal troubles and nasty times but I reflect that...what would Aunty's feel if I made an indiscretion? (I'm sure they would forgive me and hold me in that great, warming Aunty cuddle.)

Wow, what am I saying. Your respect towards your aunty reveals good times. Remember those. We are all passing on. I tried my best to be a good Uncle.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thank you Sweetie!
Your Aunties sound like wonderful ladies Bally. I lost most of my Aunts and all of my Uncles. I have one Aunt left. My favorite Auntie died many years ago. She could talk to anyone about anything and was so engaging and interesting. The Aunt that just passed, I haven't seen in years.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join