It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
a reply to: bally001

That was fun!

Just to change the subject, a moment ago i realized that a new decade will begin in about three months from now. What? i just celebrated the change of millennium a blink of an eye ago. What have i done all these years? Where have i been? Who am i?

Yep, not far away, perhaps we'll see political slogans getting around like,

"Twenty Twenty -The Vision".

I envisage myself starting with a new vocation. With the drought and the fires around I'm finding it tough to look after the farm. Can't have my true love doing all the payed work.

I'll be a grandfather for the 4th time in the next few days so I'll have to get back into the work force before I get too old. Couple of years if I get the job I'm focused on.

My thoughts,

Bally

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

There is a book called : " Let's speak Strine "

It is how to speak Australian ( Strine )

Eg; "afferbeck lauder" = alphabetical order.
" bake necks" = bacon and eggs.

It is a fun read if you can find it !

I'll look that up. Might be a laugh for Fin too! I enjoy the Aussie vernacular. Had a strict catholic upbringing when it came to grammer and comprehension.(good thing for me). But I cut short my teen years and joined the navy at 15. Well, mate, met all types and then the vernacular took over. Especially at sea.

Came home for leave, Mum was aghast but good-hearted about the change. Not surprising though, she worked with Barry Humphries for some years. My nan (mum's side) at the time, who was married to a WW1 lighthorseman, just giggled, she knew the lingo.

Nice memories,

Kind regards and thanks for the tip,

Bally

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I'll be a grandfather for the 4th time in the next few days so I'll have to get back into the work force before I get too old. Couple of years if I get the job I'm focused on.

Hey, that is great! Congratulations!

Wow you must feel proud. And you should. Sometimes i imagine what would it be like if i had a kid. I couldn't face that responsibility, considering the fact that i can't even take care of myself always. But i (usually) like kids. Their purity and their strict honesty, still free from all the social programming and norms.

"Twenty Twenty -The Vision"

Maybe. Or

"Twenty twenty - we politicians still lie, and we lie plenty! Surrender to the powers that be, here, watch TV"

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: bally001

Hey, that is great! Congratulations!

Wow you must feel proud. And you should. Sometimes i imagine what would it be like if i had a kid. I couldn't face that responsibility, considering the fact that i can't even take care of myself always. But i (usually) like kids. Their purity and their strict honesty, still free from all the social programming and norms.

"Twenty Twenty -The Vision"

Maybe. Or

"Twenty twenty - we politicians still lie, and we lie plenty! Surrender to the powers that be, here, watch TV"

Thanks for the good wishes. I have 7 children. And, they're all flamin different in their personal behavior but we love them with all our heart. I love joking around with them as well as teaching them life skills. 5 live very far away in different States and a Territory, I miss them but keep in touch.

"Twenty Twenty - The Vision." = Get a job and pay for a holiday to go visit them all.

Hmm.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Can't wait for our Shed baby to arrive!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I was away watching this movie.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Can't wait for our Shed baby to arrive!

Yes, talking to my daughter she says she feels tired most of the time. Funny because she reckons this may be because she is bored after leaving her job position recently.

The climate in the Territory wouldn't help with the hot muggy weather starting soon ("Build up" to monsoon type rains).

She's a trouper though and has been happy throughout her life.

True Love flies out Wednesday to be with her.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Exciting when a new life comes into the world!

Hang in there Grampa and don't leave any dirty dishes or dirty socks laying around. True Love wouldn't appreciate that. Haha!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Exciting when a new life comes into the world!

Hang in there Grampa and don't leave any dirty dishes or dirty socks laying around. True Love wouldn't appreciate that. Haha!

Build ramps to the house entrances. Get me one of those motorized jalopy 4 wheel scooters and swing a walking stick around going he he he he. Dribble a lot and drink beers through a straw and,,,,and,,,what am I saying!!!

ARRGHHH!

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Whatever your drinking, I want some. Lol

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Whatever your drinking, I want some. Lol

Well, here you go,

Large glass, 1 big scoop of vanilla ice cream, a generous 'splook' of Cougar Bourbon then slowly (slowly) topped up with coke.

As it starts frothing, suck the froth up, then keep topping it with coke ( Coco Cola) until it settles. You will need a Table spoon to finish.

A 'Bally' Cocktail, good to wash down a handful of "Snackos" pizza flavored crisps. Buuurrrp! (Use the English Queen's accent language here.) "Ohh, (insert giggle and snort) please do excuse me."

Kind regards,

"bally of the overflow"

edit on 29-9-2019 by bally001 because: Coca Cola not Coke!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Finn, I haven't gotten a new photo of Bert yet, I've been trying to get a blanket finished that I started last year (the one from this thread I made. Assuming I did the link to the post right!
I have just about as much to go now as I had already done in that photo. I'm way, way behind my original estimates for having it finished by (a year late!) I should be able to have it finished in short order and then get it washed up and ready for fall and winter nights like we'd originally planned.
I might also have to widen and lengthen the blanket a little to better fit the bed, I should have enough yarn left over for a nice edge, if needed.

It's a bit chilly here today, in the low 50's. Tomorrow's supposed to be in the mid 80's, so Michigan Temperature Whiplash Season is upon us yet again XD
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't raining.
AGAIN.
But it's raining.
AGAIN.

I'm honestly a little tired of the rain, a nice, brisk sunny day would be the bee's knees right now.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well that sure sounds interesting. Ok, I'll try one.
And then a black Russian.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Our weather is like that too, cool and comfy or even chilly to hot. We have had some absolutely beautiful, perfect days that I always treasure.

Nice blanket Nyiah! A lot of work, patience and love goes into handmade items. I haven't crocheted in years. I do try to at least make a few handcrafted things for gifts at Christmas and people love them.

Got my clothing laundry done yesterday, doing towels and whatnot today. I might do a batch of sweaters and jackets to get ready for the cooler weather ahead.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Happy Autumn if you are having Autumn where you are.
edit on 29-9-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Night, me too. I love crisp fall days where the sky is completely clear and a deep, rich blue, and the air is dry and cool with a breeze. Bonus points if neighbors have fired up their fireplaces

a reply to: Night Star

Oh I love that table decor!! I just stumbled on the most interesting recipe for apple cake I just might make tomorrow, too. Make room on that pretty table for French Apple Cake!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

YUM! There's room on the table, don't you worry about that.

Leaves are starting to turn here. I love when you see trees for miles in orange, yellow and red. Which reminds me...I haven't exchanged my summer silk flowers to the Autumn ones yet.

Found a pre-cooked pork pie at the store Friday so I'm eating that now. It's pretty good.

I would love to make some food items as gifts, but everyone is so picky. One year I made little jars of cranberry sauce with mandarin oranges, walnuts and ground cloves. Some loved it and others didn't. There is a recipe somewhere that has butter with honey and cinnamon, not sure what else if anything.

Hot chocolate weather coming up. Drag out the soft comfy blankets and quilts, sweaters and boots and scarfs and...That's enough, I'm making myself hot just thinking about it. Lol

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Snowing here today... 😕

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join