It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Claiming asylum and being granted asylum are two different things. Until then, you are here illegally.

OH? So, guilty until proven guilty if you're an asylum seeker? No, that's not the way the law or the Constitution works in the USA. That's why Trump wants Congress to change the laws.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: Frocharocha

So the NY Times is finally admitting there is a crisis at the border and we need a wall?

Not the same crisis.
Their saying the true crisis is how people are being TREATED not how many there are.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So, isn't the humane solution not to allow them into this country if they are destined to be treated worse the the fearful country they are fleeing?

Isn't the right thing not to treat people this way in the first place?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

So, isn't the humane solution not to allow them into this country if they are destined to be treated worse the the fearful country they are fleeing?

Isn't the right thing not to treat people this way in the first place?

If they didn't come here illegally, then they would not be in this position, would they?

See how that works. Don't want to be in a bad situation, don't go into that situation. Personal responsibility, I know, is a difficult concept for many here.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Fallingdown

This is Trump Administration policy and interpretation of the law. It has nothing to do with liberals.

This is Trump using children as pawns in his sick game of intimidation and torture as a deterrent of migration.

Where is the actual court case file ?

😳

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Any mention in that article that one of the main reasons for this is because Democrats in Congress refuse to support additional funding for CBP to operate these facilities?

Can you show that it's truly dems that are blocking the funds?
Because it would mater to me if they were.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami
a reply to: Frocharocha

It's a disgusting abuse of power that the Trump administration has decided to do this to people, especially children. AND these prisons, for the most part, are for profit. Shine the light on these crimes against humanity.

Not only that, but John Kelly, who first implemented the child separation policy, sits on the board, for a paycheck, of the for profit prison that runs the child detention center.

John Kelly, the former chief of staff for President Donald Trump and the former head of the U.S. Southern Command in Doral, was spotted Thursday at the Homestead temporary shelter for immigrant children.
Protesters saw him entering the property on a golf cart.
The retired Marine Corps general’s unexpected visit to the the facility — which announced this week that it intends to expand and house as many as 3,200 kids at the “temporary” center — was confirmed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. As the only temporary shelter in the country, the Homestead center skirts regulations limiting how long federal authorities can hold immigrant children.

www.miamiherald.com...=cpy
globalnews.ca...

edit on 23-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Better send them back asap.

Problems solved

That's a good question.

I know that some of them can't go back. They ether have nothing to go back to or they were fleeing some danger.

But for the ones that just want to come here for a better life couldn't we get their information and addresses. Send them back home to wait their turn to see an immigration court. Then add more judges to those courts to speed things up?

When I think of things like this it makes me think that both parties are using these peoples lives as political leverage.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Its as coverup for this weeks DNC's Catastrophe in Columbia for the Democratic National Committee. A diversion.

Off topic but what? What happened in columbia??

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

we feel improving the conditions in these facilities would be the optimal solution.

I'm a centrist but I agree with the hive mind on this.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There'll come a day when you people will say "we didn't know"....

Politics is secondary to humanity.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Mexico needs to secure an emergency supply route directly to the camps 😎

If your saying mexico should help by giving them supplies. Great idea.

Mexico did promise to help with all this.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Better send them back asap.

Problems solved

When I think of things like this it makes me think that both parties are using these peoples lives as political leverage.

NOW you are getting it....seeing the bigger picture. Without them here, they do not have them as pawns in their sick political game of power. I don;t ascribe to either of the main parties, since I know they both are as corrupt as the day is long. However, I also do not delude myself that they work in our or anyone's favor but their own.

I don't want these people to suffer either. I also do not want them to fuel the political game either. The only solution is to stop them from entering that stink-show, by preventing them from entering this country in the first place.

In other words, do not enter a bad situation and then cry that it's a bad situation. By that point it is too late, and you have become part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If these children were sent back to their Nations of origins, they would have the opportunity to return without the diseases 😎

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Then why have your compatriots in Congress repeatedly voted down $$$

I asked some one this , might have been you but, proof?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Mexico needs to secure an emergency supply route directly to the camps 😎

If your saying mexico should help by giving them supplies. Great idea.

Mexico did promise to help with all this.

Mexico needs to initiate a medical screening and treatment program for all immigrants migrating through Mexico 😎

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I find it ironic that filth, feces, poor conditions and stench follow demorat policies wherever they go and wherever they are. Reminds me of that little black cloud that follows Pigpen all the time. The only thing they do about it is point their finger and try and blame the people that want it fixed.

link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

No , the left control the house. The right controls the senate.

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
We need to release these people back to the lives they were living here in the US. Their valuable contributions to our GDP, and assistance to our workforce our overlooked.

It's awful that we are treating hard working people seeking a better life like garbage.

I can't believe we're holding children and babies in these facilities!

Let them go! Allow them to contribute to our amazing country!

Let freedom ring and prosperity be in their future!

This Nation was built on people just walking in here and setting up shop. It's how we became the world's symbol for liberty. Open the borders!

If you mean what you say .....

Sponsor a family into your home.

Do a thread with pictures after they get there .

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The case before the court stems from the Flores settlement — a consent decree signed by the government in 1997 that guarantees basic rights for children detained at the border. The Trump administration has repeatedly sought to undermine the two-decade-old agreement, in particular as it pursued its policy of family separation. Currently the administration is appealing a 2017 district court ruling that found the feds had violated Flores by not providing children access to basic toiletries and adequate sleeping conditions at temporary detention facilities operated by the Border Patrol.

www.rollingstone.com...

As attorney Sarah Fabian of the Justice Department’s Office of Immigration Litigation haltingly attempted to make the Trump administration’s case in a San Francisco courtroom, she was hit with disbelieving questions from the three judges on the bench, Wallace Tashima, William Fletcher and Marsha Berzon.

Judge Berzon zeroed in on the sleep question, citing findings that the Border Patrol made children spend days in facilities with 24/7 artificial light, no beds, cold cement floors, and only an aluminum blanket for insulation. “You’re really going to stand up and tell us that being able to sleep isn’t a question of ‘safe and sanitary’ conditions?” Berzon asked. “You’re not really going to say that, right?”

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join