It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
We need to release these people back to the lives they were living here in the US. Their valuable contributions to our GDP, and assistance to our workforce our overlooked.

It's awful that we are treating hard working people seeking a better life like garbage.

I can't believe we're holding children and babies in these facilities!

Let them go! Allow them to contribute to our amazing country!

Let freedom ring and prosperity be in their future!

This Nation was built on people just walking in here and setting up shop. It's how we became the world's symbol for liberty. Open the borders!

Is this satire?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

We need to release these people back to the lives they were living here in the US. Their valuable contributions to our GDP, and assistance to our workforce our overlooked.

It's awful that we are treating hard working people seeking a better life like garbage.

This Nation was built on people just walking in here and setting up shop. It's how we became the world's symbol for liberty. Open the borders!

Do you really think uncontrolled massive immigration is good for a country and it's economy?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The fact that you feel what I wrote could possibly be satire shows how disconnected from your humanity, and our true, original American ideals you have become.

Everything I wrote is true.

We are a Nation built on people walking/sailing here seeking a better life. People came here for opportunities that didn't exist in their home countries, a new start, and religious freedom.

Denying others that opportunity is the most un American thing I can think of.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yes, that's the answer. How many should we ship to your neighborhood? To your home for you to house, feed, clean, and care for until they die?

How many do you personally want to help, or do you just expect everyone else to fork over their $$$ to that purpose?

edit on 6/23/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Fallingdown
The Liberals are using the welfare of children to their advantage again .

The way to end this mess is with a wall or permanent barrier .

Instead the Liberals would rather see children suffer .

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

We understand that this may be politically inconvenient for you lot but we would ask that you rise above the politics of this and call out the mistreatment of children regardless.

Yours kindly...

The collective hive mind that is "the liberals"

So, isn't the humane solution not to allow them into this country if they are destined to be treated worse the the fearful country they are fleeing?

Thanks for agreeing we need to stop them all at the border.

Kudos!

No we feel improving the conditions in these facilities would be the optimal solution.

So why are these facilities there in the first place and with such a concentration of minors? Could it be that these kids are being used as a ticket into this country? If this deplorable situation is the result of our corrupt immigration practices wouldn't it be better to just eliminate the situation that requires these facilities?

These poor children are being used and instead of correcting the problem itself, you want to make the facilities better?

I am missing something here because that sounds like it will just enable the further exploitation of these children.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes, that's the answer. How many should we ship to your neighborhood. To your home for you to house, feed, clean, and care for until they die?

How many do you personally want to help, or do you just expect everyone else to fork over their $$$ to that purpose?

Every illegal immigrant I know or have met has a job, and they work insanely hard.

When they get sick, they pay for medicine and doctors visits they buy food from stores, they put work in, In our communities, they even do volunteer work. They also gave extremely strong and supportive families

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

The fact that you feel what I wrote could possibly be satire shows how disconnected from your humanity, and our true, original American ideals you have become.

Everything I wrote is true.

We are a Nation built on people walking/sailing here seeking a better life. People came here for opportunities that didn't exist in their home countries, a new start, and religious freedom.

Denying others that opportunity is the most un American thing I can think of.

No one is denying them that opportunity. When you have to make things up to support your position, it's time to reconsider your position. No one is saying to stop all immigration. You're confusing 2 issues. Immigration and illegal immigration aren't the same thing. (I know you're not really confused. You understand the difference, you just have to conflate the two because that makes it easier for you. It also makes you look stupid, by the way.)

Also, give me everything you own. If you refuse, you're disconnected from your humanity.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes, that's the answer. How many should we ship to your neighborhood. To your home for you to house, feed, clean, and care for until they die?

Every illegal immigrant I know or have met has a job, and they work insanely hard.

When they get sick, they pay for medicine and doctors visits they buy food from stores, they put work in, In our communities, they even do volunteer work. They also gave extremely strong and supportive families

Good for you virtue signal king. What about all the others? When working so hard, whose social security number are they using for tax purposes? Or are they breaking IRS tax laws too? Have you asked them what their social security number is in order to legally work here?

You do realize ALL of these people are illegal immigrants, yes, they are illegal regardless of whether they are hard workers. Also, since they did not legally enter this country according to our established laws, laws that you and I must follow, how did they obtain legal work? Are you paying them? Are you breaking immigration and tax laws yourself?

That would explain a lot of why you are so resistant to all of this....interesting.

edit on 6/23/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Proof that every single illegal immigrant worker is stealing a job from a Citizen !! 😎

I say we steal back the jobs !!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

On the other hand...like the man said, "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

So the left says come one come all, and they come. The left says sanctuary cities!, and they come. Then they come and overwhelm the border's logistical capabilities to support and then the left screams oh those evil Republicans.

I'm sure that you can find some middle ground between building walls and letting children die in concentration camps after being ripped from their parents. If not...well, then there's your problem.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What kind of ID do they use to accomplish these feats of grandeur ?😎

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

How many children have died at the border camps and what was the cause of death ?

😧

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

On the other hand...like the man said, "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

So the left says come one come all, and they come. The left says sanctuary cities!, and they come. Then they come and overwhelm the border's logistical capabilities to support and then the left screams oh those evil Republicans.

I'm sure that you can find some middle ground between building walls and letting children die in concentration camps after being ripped from their parents. If not...well, then there's your problem.

Isn't that how we got into this situation in the first place. Loosening our laws. Not enforcing our immigration policies. Using humans as political talking points.

Maybe if we had a secure border and the world knew how difficult and unrewarding it was to break our laws, they wouldn't come in the first place.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
The Liberals are using the welfare of children to their advantage again .

The way to end this mess is with a wall or permanent barrier .

Instead the Liberals would rather see children suffer .

We (the liberals....all of us) would like to state that we collectively agree that we believe that the mistreatment of children should be above partisan politics and that even the right should agree that children suffering is wrong regardless of politics.

We understand that this may be politically inconvenient for you lot but we would ask that you rise above the politics of this and call out the mistreatment of children regardless.

Yours kindly...

The collective hive mind that is "the liberals"

So, isn't the humane solution not to allow them into this country if they are destined to be treated worse the the fearful country they are fleeing?

Thanks for agreeing we need to stop them all at the border.

Kudos!

No we feel improving the conditions in these facilities would be the optimal solution.

Is that the permanent solution? Because that is what is needed. Perhaps if there wasn't the carrot periodically being carried about that kids that get snuck across the border eventually get amnesty, we would have so many mothers bringing their kids here by the tens of thousands each month. There is a crisis at the border and the leaders of the Democratic party have openly denied with one hand, then pointed to the masses at the border with the other crying foul, while choosing to ignore the primary problem: the how and the why these people are there in the first place.

edit on 23-6-2019 by timequake because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2019 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

I don't give a crap about the state of the detention facilities.

These people are making the choice to come here illegally - they know the liklihood of being detained is high.

It's easy to avoid it - don't come.

I am positive there are many prisons that are not exactly fun places to reside either.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Isn't that how we got into this situation in the first place. Loosening our laws. Not enforcing our immigration policies. Using humans as political talking points.
Maybe if we had a secure border and the world knew how difficult and unrewarding it was to break our laws, they wouldn't come in the first place.

My father was an illegal immigrant on two counts. We seem to have done well in the New World.
edit on 23-6-2019 by JohnnyCanuck because: Jawohl!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

My father was an illegal immigrant on two counts. We seem to have done well in the New World.

SO, you are the son of a criminal? Have you considered paying back all the taxpayer $$$ spent for his and your existence?

Of course not...you don't really care. As long as you and your family can break laws at your leisure and spend others hard earned $$$ in the process.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

SO, you are the son of a criminal? Have you considered paying back all the taxpayer $$$ spent for his and your existence?
Of course not...you don't really care. As long as you and your family can break laws at your leisure and spend others hard earned $$$ in the process.

What makes you think he cost anybody any money? I think your logical path here is a mite rectally sourced. But thanks for playing, eh?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What makes you think he cost anybody any money? I think your logical path here is a mite rectally sourced. But thanks for playing, eh?

Did he and/or you receive or benefit from any federal assistance programs? And if you didn't, then I ask how did he put food on the table (or even have a table) by working without a valid social security card or ID?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

What's even worse is that The Trump Admistration's DOJ, headed by Bill Bar sent a lawyer to argue before a groups of judges that migrant children detained in their care don't need soap. toothbrushes and toothpaste beds or blankets for the DOJ to be in compliance with the Flores Settlement.

Disgusting!

edit on 23-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join