It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Its fine they are claiming all over the internet, and media that its forcing victims of rape and incest to abide by the bill as well.

Its not they put a whole nother section in there that exempts them as well.

People are stupid these days and wont read or educate themselves on anything, too busy being spoon fed sheep.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think you will find us Brits are not so easily "frazzled", particularly when the whole spoon thing was a joke anyway.

I mean, come on, your country is heading backwards virtually every day, old chap.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

They arent regulating anyone's body you twit, they are telling you you cant kill another being with a heart beat. If it was the mothers body she would be the one who died when the abortion was performed.

Using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body, isn't using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body.

Gotcha. Glad we cleared that up.

+33 more 
posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

They arent regulating anyone's body you twit, they are telling you you cant kill another being with a heart beat. If it was the mothers body she would be the one who died when the abortion was performed.

Using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body, isn't using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body.

Its not her body, again, last i checked when she gets the abortion its the baby thats killed and not her

You just want to keep ignoring that dont you.

Keep your fingers in your ears

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

They actually proposed an ammendment that would do just that. Make the legislatures who voted yes for this responsible for the legal fees. I don't think I have to tell anyone how that vote went. I caught some of the Senate debate. Mixed in along side the discussions of them refusing to add an amendment to permit rape and incest victims and the effect that will have on 9 and 13 year old children (which they do make sound like Its a common occurance to have young girls become pregnant through rape and incest) there was some comic relief.
The problem is that are in a no win situation now. If they fail to overturn wade they wasted a heck of alot of money for nothing. Money that could have been used to fund chips or help parents with child care costs or any number of things that might cause people to feel that a child is going to destroy life as they know it. But if they succeed their state will end up having worldwide media coverage every time a parent fights their law in an effort to protect their young girls life and wellbeing along with those central American countries and African countries that their fear president has referred to as craphole countries. They are gonna have to come to terms that in their desire and quest to protect the unborn they have neglected to protect the young children and turned America into just another craphole country!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: underwerks

Its not her body, again, last i checked when she gets the abortion its the baby thats killed and not her

You just want to keep ignoring that dont you.

Keep your fingers in your ears

You actually believe a womans body isn't her body once she becomes pregnant?

So a woman who becomes pregnant because of rape doesn't own her body anymore? Are you serious?

Why any woman would vote for a Republican from here on out is beyond me. Imagine if a bunch of angry old women were using the government to control how men reproduce.

How well do you think that would go over?

edit on 15-5-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
I think you will find us Brits are not so easily "frazzled", particularly when the whole spoon thing was a joke anyway.

I mean, come on, your country is heading backwards virtually every day, old chap.

Brits are not so easily "frazzled" ... Brit comes on internet to complain how a law that will never be upheld, in a country they are not a citizen of, and in a state they will never visit will set back women's rights by a century ... nope not frazzled at all

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What is the penalty in Alabama for incest or rape of a preteen child in Alabama? By what heard in their debate think they said two years.
The little girl is left being forced to carry a baby to term which although might not pose a severe risk to get heath (God only knows what is meant by that, doctors will probably be left wondering and not wanting to risk running against a law that poses a near life sentence). she's gonna end up being psychologically tramatized, bodily impaired, and her childhood ripped from her.
And any brave doctor who might empathize with her plight, who might chose not to allow the injustice that the rape brought down on her be compounded so extensively by having to endure a pregnancy risks a 90 year sentence.
Screw the women for a moment!! Does a young child not have the right to her own body, mind, and spirit. Doesn't she have the right to allow them to develop as strong and healthy as possible??
That they even presented this law up for a vote is a disgrace. That they refused to add the ammendment shows just how little concern they really have for children. And of they would do this to a child and feel its okay well they certainly don't give a dang about the women!
edit on 15-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Couple quick questions for anyone that supports this bill:

1.) If life begins at conception, does that mean any child conceived on US soil is a US citizen?

2.) If life begins at conception, does that mean child support payments should begin as soon as a woman knows she's pregnant?

3.) What about CHIPS? Shouldn't that kick in as soon as a woman becomes pregnant?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

This really isnt hard, a womans body is her body regardless, but its NOT HER BODY SHES KILLING

I know you want to keep ignoring that because if you dont it totally destroys that whole narrative, but youre either THAT stupid, or youre just being obtuse because you cant defend the fact its NOT her body.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

This really isnt hard, a womans body is her body regardless, but its NOT HER BODY SHES KILLING

I know you want to keep ignoring that because if you dont it totally destroys that whole narrative, but youre either THAT stupid, or youre just being obtuse because you cant defend the fact its NOT her body.

The only narrative here is you saying that a woman doesn't own her body once she becomes pregnant. That's the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. And I'm a poster on ATS. By agreeing with this you're agreeing that a child should be forced to carry and give birth to a rape baby. There isn't any gray area in that, that's what this law says.

I find it disgusting that you would let politics twist you around to the point you support something like that.

+17 more 
posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Good.

I'm glad it went through and I hope it passes.

It's about time the rights of the unborn were recognized.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The only narrative here is you saying that a woman doesn't own her body once she becomes pregnant.

No im saying she doesnt own the body inside of her.

I cant imagine being so dense you cant understand that, must make life really hard

I find it disgusting that you would let politics twist you around to the point you support something like that.

I find it absolutely disgusting that youre so far left that you think a baby isnt its own person, and that another person has the right to kill it.

Thats on your karma not mine

edit on 15-5-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The only narrative here is you saying that a woman doesn't own her body once she becomes pregnant.

No im saying she doesnt own the body inside of her.

I cant imagine being so dense you cant understand that, must make life really hard

I find it absolutely disgusting that youre so far left that you think a baby isnt its own person, and that another person has the right to kill it.

Thats on your karma not mine

Let's do a little thought experiment:

If you're hooked up to me and I'm providing life support to you, do I have the right to unhook myself and walk away?

Do you believe the government has the right to force me to stay under threat of violence?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Brits are not so easily "frazzled" ... Brit comes on internet to complain how a law that will never be upheld, in a country they are not a citizen of, and in a state they will never visit will set back women's rights by a century ... nope not frazzled at all

Actually, old chap, this Brit came on to the internet to wind Yanks like you up. Seems to have worked nicely, thank you very much.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Too bad they didn't propose and ammendment so that in the ninth month of pregnancy when she is the most uncomfortable of when she is in labor if She is to have a vaginal birth, when she is in the most pain and discomfort, whatever her little preteen imagination can come up with. That will be how the monster that destroyed her will be put to death once convicted.
Killed by dragon fire no problem hire the crew from GOT to come up with a life sized dragon equipped with flame torches to light him up.
Let the film crew tape it and give it to get parents for safe keeping till she is old enough to enjoy it.
Whatever her little head can imagine.

edit on 15-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Say what you want to, there is no ignorance left you to claim.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You wound me up?
thanks

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Don't mention it, old chap.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Link please.
Was this whole other section passed last night or is it being held back to be added after the great court battle??
If it wasn't passed along with the Bill it doesn't change my opinion of the republican pos that passed this pos law!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join