It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNPLANNED-Abby Johnson Interview

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So has anyone come up with ways of reducing abortions or are folk still screaming murderers! You are not going to stop it so why not come together to help reduce the need? Through education? Through free contraception?.
Or do you guys just want women to be slaves to their bodies and under the thumb of men?.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MrAlphabetman

By failing to acknowledge one or all three of the motives of discourse I outlined above you have revealed your true motivation which is to profit off the back of fetal meat.

No. Even an aborted fetus, whose life was ended, is still full of life, and that life is extended to heal others, and extend their lives. Science is magical!

My request, ( as I kindly ask it) is... Would you thoughtfully consider the possibility that there is more to this platform of life (presently embodied as a human living entity) than merely being food?

The physical is not the spiritual. This physical reality survives on death. Here, on planet earth, life survives by devouring life. That's just the way it is. Is there a spiritual purpose and a reasonable justification for a soul to leave the bosom of God to temporarily exist in the physical realm? I hope so.

edit on 2-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

just words . show me where the bible condones abortion . How about don't get pregnant unless you want to . How chemical sterilization of men until they want children .

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Numbers 5:20
"But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells and your womb miscarries.” “ ‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”

Genesis 38:24
"Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. "

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up".

Numbers 31:15
"And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him."

Hosea 9:16
"Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb."

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Equating man to God now?

I still don't see anything about abortion. Anyway, the Old Testament is historical, learning from past evenest. We now live under the New Testament.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Equating man to God now?

I thought the Bible was supposed to be "God's word". Besides, you didn't ask me to show what God says about abortion, you asked me to show you where the Bible condones it.

At any rate, Numbers 5 is clear. God is commanding priests to administer abortion causing "water" to women who commit adultery, so Hebrew men don't become cucks.

Since abortion ends the life of a fetus, killing a pregnant woman is the same as an abortion. God doesn't say wait until the innocent child is born, then kill the mother.

edit on 2-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

First off, that wasn't me that asked, I was just replying to your reply.

Second, the bible is God's word, but we live under the New Testament.

Third, Numbers 5 says no such thing. It says "may the Lord cause you", and "may this water". It is a prayer to God, asking. The priest washed the written curse in the "bitter water", and then gave it to the woman to drink. Symbolic, not that the water had any power, but asking God to give it the power.

Did it cause an abortion? The Bible does not say. But I have to ask, if there is some special water out there that causes an abortion, why was there a need for a pharmaceutical company to come up with RU-486?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Did it cause an abortion?

It was intended to cause a "miscarriage".

So, basically you're denying my source. Got it.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Do you know what it was? Why the need for an abortion pill if something like this exists?

It in no way says that.

The NIV is the only translation that interprets it this way.

NKJV: “when the Lord makes your thigh rot and your belly swell…and make your belly swell and your thigh rot.”

KJV: “when the Lord doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell…to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot.”

ESV: “when the Lord makes your thigh fall away and your body swell…and make your womb swell and your thigh fall away.”

ASV: “doth make thy thigh fall away, and thy body to swell…and make thy body to swell, and thy thigh fall away.”
edit on 2-4-2019 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Maybe Silphium tea. www.mr-mehra.com...

But it could have been something even more severe, since it was intended to punish the woman, like Cyanide, which is found in seeds of Morning Glories and Woodrose, to name a few option.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Okay, but again, one translation. Others do not translate it this way. The verse in question does not condone abortion, the NIV does not do a good job in that verse.

I have to go now, my kids are home. Like I said before, enjoy your hours of life that you may have wasted learning something, there are millions that would have loved to have lived just a fraction of that, that were never given a chance to live.
edit on 2-4-2019 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The philosophical side of abortion and what leads to it, an interesting answer different than most.
A very complex answer.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have always had very strong views on abortion. Always been against it.

As a man, I've been told this is non of my business more times than I can count.

But for the record, I am sterile. I have known this since I was 11 years old. To me, a new life is a miracle I'll never see from the eyes of one who is it's parent. It is unimaginable to me that someone would not want a child.

Having said that, I 100% believe in freedom, so this is conflicting in my mind. I believe it will be between the woman and her conscience, and God.

Where do we draw the line though? If killing one life is OK, is killing ANY life OK? When do we call it a life? I hear a lot of talk about the fetal heartbeat.

Regardless, I don't think it should be a viability issue. At some point yes, we need to set a moral standard on this. Just because the baby can't exist outside the womb on it's own, in no way means it cannot feel. Watch a video of an abortion like in this movie, you'll see that fetuses do feel, and are aware something is trying to harm them.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So we're empowering the irresponsible by giving them the power to eliminate a life due to their bad life decisions,because you know, having unprotected sex is more important than the rights of an unborn child plus God forbid we tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body.

Is everyone here utterly insane? How does this my body my rights argument even hold an ounce of water?

You all realize that our government controls every aspect of what you do with your bodies, be you a man or woman.

The doctor won't let women have their tubes tied until a certain age, you're not allowed to take certain drugs but are allowed to take other completely destructive ones. You must take vaccines or face the wrath of pro vaxxers and the police in some cases.

Think about the things that you are "allowed" to do, abortion, alcohol, opioid, tobacco, gmo crops.

Get your heads screwed on people, you've been boondoggles into buying into a problem that never existed.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh yeah, it's soooo authoritarian to want to save innocent human beings... But the big, bad leftists are the real tough ones, they openly call for the murder of not only the unborn for any reason, but even the murder of newborns for any reason, and if you try to save those innocent humans you are an evil authoritarian...

edit on 3-4-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Oh yeah, it's soooo authoritarian to want to save innocent human beings... But the big, bad leftists are the real tough ones, they openly call for the murder of not only the unborn for any reason, but even the murder of newborns for any reason, and if you try to save those innocent humans you are an evil authoritarian...

No it's simply authoritarian to force people to do things they don't want to do, the only person or persons that should be involved with abortions are the pregnant woman and the doctor, everyone else should butt out and mind their own business.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

went through this thread no one has mentioned this ..that abbys story is a LIE
slate.com...
ing-abortion-that-never-happened.html?fbclid=IwAR0A-R36YzFgYDE97vGlBYM1qfTyd9wJnfPKZdcbT6fqV0uRtjWje5gi854

Abby didn't expect someone to check the records and I am sure she remembers they day of this event that effected her so profoundly......she told that it was a black woman 13 weeks pregnant that had an abortion assisted with an ultra sound...the TRUTH there was only 1 black woman there that day, she was 9 weeks pregnant,,, there were NO ultrasound assisted abortions done that day.......she said she did not fear the protesters yet she installed security in her house....

she KNEW she was about to be fired, and you can bet the anti abortion zealots promised her any and everything to get her to their side being that she was the directer of PP.

here are some financial figures for those who claim that PP just does abortions and they make all their money that way

42% treating sti's std's, 34% contraception, 11% other services , 9% cancer screening , 3% ABORTION 1% other
edit on 3-4-2019 by research100 because: spelling

edit on 3-4-2019 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: musicismagic
A woman who wants/needs to abort an unborn child is her business and no one else needs to get involved in such matters.

I think the big question is when?

For those who think all abortions are murder, what difference does it make whether it's 6 weeks or 20 weeks?

And MOST people don't agree and think that within the first trimester it is acceptable. But that isn't good enough for you and you have to push it to after birth abortions.

That's disgusting.

I am pro choice. Within decent limits FFS

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

But that isn't good enough for you and you have to push it to after birth abortions.

Nobody is pushing for "after birth" abortions or the murder of newborns.

There is a real and serious discussion to be had about how we deal with babies that are diseased and/or have severe, debilitating birth defects that survive a failed abortion. But that discussion is impossible to have with hyperbolic liars.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Interesting, and yes I have no doubt the anti abortion crowd had their fingers all over this story.

We both know that pp do far more than just abortions and are a very needed institution, however as is often the case religious folk are ready to believe pretty much any fairy tale that aligns with their belief system.

My next question to EU will be how they feel about illegal immigrants that cross the border while pregnant and should they too be forced to have the child...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join