It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNPLANNED-Abby Johnson Interview

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Okay then. Let's clear things up. In you opinion, is abortion murder?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Then your personal view is right in line with Roe V Wade.

Perfectly fine with me, seems though we have a movement that suggests later term abortions is now OK. I see all this more of a degrading of society norms as to what society feels is the value of life. I don't like the idea of women using abortions as a form of birth control, nor pushed as the best approach when that push might be associated more with profit than the concern of the mother.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Perfectly fine with me, seems though we have a movement that suggests later term abortions is now OK.

They always have been, in cases where the fetus hasn't and/or won't achieve viability and/or where the health of the mother is at risk.

edit on 1-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

They always have been, in cases where the fetus hasn't and/or won't achieve viability and/or where the health of the mother is at risk.

not what I'm talking about...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

I already said

That is my personal view, if a woman can't figure it out by then without medical complications then they reached a point of a decision to let the child be born.

So your statement

Is not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about late term abortions that do not have medical complications as a reason....

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm talking about late term abortions that do not have medical complications as a reason....

What do you mean by "late term" abortions. Roe V Wade allows for "on demand" abortion up to viability. Viability is usually around 23-24 weeks for a healthy fetus.

Are you suggesting that the law, and doctors are granting post viability abortions on demand, with no consideration of the woman's or the fetus's health?

ETA: Abortion rates are at an all time low, as of a 2017 report. Do you have evidence that "late term" abortions are on the rise?

edit on 1-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So, abortion is murder, according to you. Murder is murder. So, what difference does it make if murder happens at 6 weeks or at 20 weeks. Is it less of a murder at 6 weeks than at 20 weeks?

The only sane, rational question has to be...

When does life begin?

Personally, I think it is at conception, but Georgia just passed an abortion law called 'the heartbeat bill', that basically outlaws abortions once a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which is, I believe, around 6 weeks. This is not an irrational point-in-time to pick for defining life, so, while it isn't the same as what I personally believe, I could 'live' with it (while some of the less than 6 week old babies sadly wouldn't).

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: 0n514ught

take it from a doctor who used to perform it

I hate baby killers

Anyone who can watch that and think it is OK, well, there is something seriously, very wrong with them.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Which is always the fall back argument, but the reality is, those kinds of situations are rare at the very least, and have always been considered acceptable.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

When does life begin?

I don't think that's the question. There is no magical moment when like "begins". The egg is alive, the sperm is alive....

However, if you think that conception is that special magical moment, then you do you believe that all abortions are murder. One further, do you think contraception that causes the lining of womb to thin and prevent the embryo from implanting is also murder?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Okay then. Let's clear things up. In you opinion, is abortion murder?

Yes, let's clear things up -- why is murder considered a crime?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
A woman who wants/needs to abort an unborn child is her business and no one else needs to get involved in such matters.

But how late are they given that choice?

Third semester too late?

Poor fathers have no say...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

agreed, though how many sane people will agree with us other than those who will justify it for the sake of "its the woman's right" and forget the poor thing because it doesn't speak to defend its self.

the word "it" really make me suffer, even though I didn't do anything wrong.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What do you mean by "late term" abortions. Roe V Wade allows for "on demand" abortion up to viability. Viability is usually around 23-24 weeks for a healthy fetus.

First, do you actually read other posts? This is the second time you ask me what do I mean when I have already wrote what I mean...lol geez why bother...

I feel third trimester is about the point we are talking about a growing person.

Are you suggesting that the law, and doctors are granting post viability abortions on demand, with no consideration of the woman's or the fetus's health?

I'm suggesting that is the direction we are going... Checkout NY

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

you are shouting to an empty space

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: 0n514ught

take it from a doctor who used to perform it

I hate baby killers

Hate is a strong word, just curious but what else do you hate?

I also hate junk food, did you watch the video?
and if so do you have anything to say about it? anything other than what I personally hate?

Oh I'm sorry no I was just preoccupied with what you were doing

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Properly informed of what? Do you think women don't know what a pregnancy is, or what it is that they're wanting to abort? Do you think women are that stupid and unaware?

Did you understand the Abby Johnson story?
She actually worked in an abortion clinic for eight years and was a director of the clinic and she had never seen a ultra-sound abortion she herself had two abortions one medical surgery and one chemical pill type and still did not know after all that......think.....use some common sense dude.
It is very obvious that many women are unaware, this movie and her story seeks to change that.

I think the people that make the laws need to go into where the abortions are being done and get fully educated before they vote to pass these laws. One congressman when he was in pre-med was in a hospital where a discarded aborted baby was crying in a bucket of medical waste, and on the other side of the hospital they were spending 100's of thousands of dollars trying to save Premature babies. He became pro-life on that day.

I was just looking at a picture of one born at only 23 weeks and the couple and hospital did everything it could to save that life.

What is the difference, wanted verses unwanted, what a way to enforce a moral could on life.

I bet there are some pro-choice people that would be really angry and outraged if people killed unwanted pets....yet unwanted unborn babies their personal choice. Animal life is more valuable than human life on their scale of morality....sad.
edit on 1-4-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

My husband called this one up on YouTube a while ago, and they talk to a woman who is going to have a late term abortion. She has two other kids already. Some of the things she talks about are just heart-breaking, and it didn't make me sympathize with her at all, at least, not in the way that would make me want to support her through the process.

It's especially hard when I'm married to someone who was adopted and I have two nephews who are adopted. Every time I think about this topic, I think about them.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
One of the most controversial topics in modern history.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
That doesn't mean it is right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join