It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most likely my last flight over snow this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The sun was just right today, and temperatures were warm (45F). Seeing as its supposed to be 50F this week for several days, I took the opportunity to record what will most likely be my last flight over snow this year.

The funny thing is, the drone I fly in this video is almost 2 years old now. I try to avoid flying my more expensive, quicker drones over snow. Snow and electronics don't mix. But the more I fly this one, the more it grows on me.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What types of drones?

I've been waiting to get the new Mavic pro, seriously can't wait.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorX11

I build, tune, and fly race drones for a hobby. This drone in the video tops out around 75mph. I have one that can hit 110mph. It's fun! Range is around a mile or so.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128
I'm very interested in possibly getting drone for business venture. Is there much money to be made in drone photography? I noticed you were flying upside down and flips n such, are the cameras fixed or rotate w/servo? I'm not very familiar with the flight capabilities of drones and have very limited experience with RC planes and hell's.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

That was awesome, thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

It depends on what type of photography your planning on doing.

My full time job is to fly a drone, collect hundreds of images then turn those images into 3d models. The process is called Photogrammetry.
As well, I’ve worked with multiple countries in testing and developing their drones.
Been awarded by the Canadian Institute of Mining for changing the face of underground safety with an underground drone I helped develop.
You have to be a licensed commercial UAV pilot here in Canada, if you plan on flying for profit. The video below is shot by a team from Toronto.
They flew up to my mine site to do an interview with me and shoot this little commercial.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I’ve enjoy your videos OP.
I’ve got a racing drone to... well had.
I have parts right now lol.

I haven’t got to fly PVP since before Xmas.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
@mtnshredder

The photography drones have very high resolution cameras on multi-point gimbles to provide silky smooth footage. Regardless of conditions. Some like the DJI Phantoms, and Mavic Pros actually have controllable gimbles that you can move around and look with, while in a stationary hover.

Race drones, the ones I build and fly. I basically slap on a GoPro Session and depending on my drones tune, and flying conditions. Decides how smooth or good the video comes out. Here is a picture of the drone I flew in the above video.

The smaller bottom camera is linked with my FPV (First person view) goggles (like VR). When I fly, I see real time as if I were on the drone. The top GoPro is there to record high footage video that I can then combine with music and edit thereafter to make videos like the above.

Its a super fun hobby.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Still a little snow left on the ground. Managed a quick flight today. For those interested! >>

If you enjoy my videos and want to be notified for future posts, please subscribe on YouTube. I try to upload a new flight/video once every 2 weeks.

Cheerz!

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Thanks guys! I'd completely forgot I had replied to this thread, so sorry I'm late getting back to y'all. Thank's for the info, its something I've been thinking about getting into. I recently had a heart attack and pneumonia along with complications and going back to my old trade doesn't look good at the moment. I've aways had an interest in RC so was thinking it may be something I could do. Going to do some research, any suggestive reading, sites or best equipment to start with?

Macenroe82
Congrats on your achievement that's a good cause!

top topics

join