It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism: Hide Violence by Trans Women -- Arrest TERFs for Telling the Truth About Us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Online harrassment is very very easily rectified and doesn't require police intervention. Probably everyone that ever went online has been harrassed at some point or verbally abused. What do you do? You open new accounts, you change user name and stop being a cry baby over words. Its not as if Mrs Scottow had threatened to kill the person or called for others to do so...it was words in a long standing debate/argument that Ms Transgender knew she couldn't win so used her experience as a Solicitor to involve police and obtain an injunction. Good to see our taxes being used for good causes...stuff knife crime or gang violence let's persecute people for hurting other peoples' feelings!!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I just wanted to applaud your posts on this thread. Very well reasoned and eloquent...I'm enjoying and appreciating your salient input. Though I must say, each time a new post from you pops up and I catch your avatar from the corner of my eye, I keep thinking it's Gene Simmons in full Kiss face...ha!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

When all this first started gaining traction years ago, I really didn't think a whole lot about gender dysphoria issues. As the years went on, and I asked questions with genuine curiosity, it became abundantly clear that there are still issues that seem completely overlooked. Those issues do not seem to be addressed by currently accepted treatments, like surgeries, in any meaningful capacity.

Overall, I think that's a tragedy. But, it also means that there is a completely different threshold for behavior that would be considered unacceptable for any social group that isn't a protected class.

When it comes down to it, I think a lot of incidents like this point to all those underlying issues being connected to the dysphoria. Its certainly not 100%, but its consistent enough to give me major, major pause.

As for twitter.. I think it would go a long way if they would just clearly elucidate their T&C's. Even if that meant "exposing" their heavy bias openly. Anyone who doesn't benefit from the inequality can see it for what it is already, and those that do benefit wont care.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Clown world would be a lot funnier if not for the very real harm inflicted.
I wish you luck with your campaign.

Thank you -- but wish us all luck... we need it. Despite the many dismissals to the contrary, the trans "rights" being demanded are trampling everyone and everyone's rights in very harmful ways.

I though you might win a small victory in South Dakota where they had a bill to ban trans from high school sports. Look like that lost unfortunately.

Yes, it did. That was very, very disappointing.

And, ironically, on the same day that an international wrestling federation refused to allow men identifying as women to compete with women due to the very significant advantages of the male anatomy.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Not long ago there was an Op-Ed by a transexual activist telling men that they MUST accept trannies as real women or else we're all bigots. That trans "women" are NOT REQUIRED to reveal that they are trans, thus removing any consent by the intended victims of these individuals.

I'm sick of trans activism.

It's an exercise in protecting mental illness and trying to impose it on regular people.

And if you don't agree you're a bigot and a thought criminal.

Here's the disgusting article:
www.theodysseyonline.com...

Guess I'm a bigot!

There is a difference, one can naturally have a baby and one cannot, all the voodoo words in the world isn't going to change that.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Thanks very much...I enjoy your sense of humour

hahaha I'm his long lost sister....we don't speak lol

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well, having read through this thread and all the very ugly comments I now know why the Trans community do need protecting from the monsters. If I was forced to decide who is the biggest threat to freedom it is you lot.

Yes, bring on legislation to protect us from the thugs. You lot are the biggest threat to my freedom and I fight you every day. You are digging a grave, not for them, but for yourselves.

Honestly, look at what a mob you are. You are no better than the mobs Hitler conjured up with all his lies that led he and his followers to destruction. That is where you are heading. Your mob mentality will not be allowed to ruin the free societies we have. You will just make outcasts and criminals of yourselves behaving like this.

You made me feel sick reading through this. Too right those people need the law to protect them from you.

edit on 10-2-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

As this pertains to violent behaviour, it certainly can be a cause for concern if transgender women who have transitioned or are in the process of transitioning, or are misuing or not able to obtain horomones, are having problems with mood, depression, anger etc. and not being monitored properly or the medical community just haven't figured out how to treat the adverse reactions of hormonal therapy, which also includes transgender men becoming more aggressive...

Side effects of cross-hormone therapy is a concern, and definitely needs more study, especially because these are mind/mood altering substances being taken long-term, and are often combined with other mind/mood altering drugs taken for additional diagnosed mental/emotional disorders. And it is very common for transgender persons to have other disorders, from autism to PTSD, as well as a history of child abuse, including sexual abuse.

But the biggest concern is autogynephilia -- those heterosexual men who identify as women who claim "gender euphoria," for whom it is sexually arousing to act and be seen as a "woman," and for whom narcissism -- and narcissistic rage and violence -- are common paraphilias.

...then, add in transgender discrimination and violence to further challenge transgender people, then it would appear that we all have a big problem on our hands.

At this point, no one displays more violence than the Trans Activists themselves. And we all deal with violent people in society and the vast majority do so without resorting to that kind of violence ourselves. Including many transgender persons. It is a very specific group within the whole that is the problem. They need to be taken out of the equation. Not "acceptance without exception."

As for sexual predation, if you read the linked study, it seems that trans women may be misusing or not using hormones at all, as well, how much does a person's present and past relating to their experience with discrimination and sexual violence play into this?

That would be very significant in diagnosing and proscribing treatment for the patient -- definitely!

For our purposes, unless and until we know it has been studied and appropriately addressed, we only need to know that it is a problem and a threat to others, and maintain appropriate safeguards.

My overall point is that once the hormone therapy has begun and if we are to assume that quite a few transgender people might be unable to continue to afford or obtain hormones, or obtain them through other means then perhaps misuse them, how or where are these people to obtain help with some of these very serious issues?

Well, my first response is that this is a very good reason for not relying on a lifetime of artificial substances to bandage over very real issues, rather than addressing the root problems and actually curing/healing/resolving the problem.

My second thought is that this is also a very good reason for not prescribing cross-hormone therapy without proper short-term and long-term studies.

So I guess my overall point is that the issues you raised just affirm that this gender affirming treatment is not the best or optimal treatment and we shouldn't do it to begin with.

And their fight for gender identity will always be fueled as long as discrimination and hate exist against them...

And that hate -- borne of legitimate fear -- will rightfully exist against them as long as Trans Activists act unreasonably and make unreasonable demands... and especially when they refuse to exclude the known bullies -- including violent offenders and sexual predators -- from their numbers.

...and why does it put some people's nose out of joint to use the pronoun that a transgender person asks you to use...

Many reasons. For one, because it's a sexual turn-on for the AGPs referred to above, and no one should be forced to roleplay in anyone's sexual fantasies. I sure as hell won't.

Second, it's one thing to request preferred pronouns; it's another thing to use color of law and the barrel of a gun to force others to use preferred pronouns. That's just bullying... a power play, as another poster said.

Third, no one died and left them in charge of re-defining the English language based on their own obscure ideology -- especially when it means civil and/or criminal penalties for not accepting their new pronouns.

Fourth, it creates unnecessary and improper confusion of the language.

isn't it a human right - isn't that just simple respect?

Is it a sign of respect to honor someone's preferred pronouns? It sure is, and should be appreciated for the kind gesture it is. Is it a right? Nope. People are addressed in many ways, some more respectful than others, some kinder than others, some more hateful than others. Not everyone calls me "Ma'am," and I don't expect them to. No one should expect -- much less demand -- to police others' language this way. Especially when they're trying to change definitions at their whim.

We have here some very complex social, psychological and medical issues here.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Definitely.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Bullies are always sniveling cowards in the end... They're feeling mighty empowered right now. They don't realize yet that they have gone too far and turned too many would-be allies against them.

Like you said, folks don't like to be bullied by arrogant folks talking crazy talk. Especially just because we dare to say that the Emperor has no clothes.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malak777

Well, having read through this thread and all the very ugly comments I now know why the Trans community do need protecting from the monsters. If I was forced to decide who is the biggest threat to freedom it is you lot.

Yes, bring on legislation to protect us from the thugs. You lot are the biggest threat to my freedom and I fight you every day. You are digging a grave, not for them, but for yourselves.

Honestly, look at what a mob you are. You are no better than the mobs Hitler conjured up with all his lies that led he and his followers to destruction. That is where you are heading. Your mob mentality will not be allowed to ruin the free societies we have. You will just make outcasts and criminals of yourselves behaving like this.

You made me feel sick reading through this. Too right those people need the law to protect them from you.

And the comparison to Nazis is complete! Who had 3/4 down page two in the pool? Who had it? Was it you, Boadicea, you rascal! You always win the pool...cheater.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malak777

I don't believe anybody cares if you are born a man and want to pretend you're a woman or vice versa.
Have fun with that.
Don't on the other hand demand that I pretend you're something you're not.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It started with the tupperware...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So... we have to constantly hear about transgenders, but only in a positive context. They can never be mentioned in a negative context.

Well gosh... Maybe the people who said this is a mental disorder were not so hateful and prejudiced after all....

These are the leaders of the movement, and they have shown a total inability to accept any type of criticism towards Any trans person, even when it is not related to their transgender status. They can just be a transgender person who also happens to be a criminal, and their criminal behavior is not directly related to their transgender status, but that's not good enough for them. They want zero crimes mentioned where a transgender was the perpetrator.

But if the VICTIM of a crime was transgender, THEN you damn well BETTER mention their transgender status no less than a dozen times in your report OR ELSE.

Yeah, there's nothing suggesting any mental issues here. It's totally normal to behave in this way.

Obviously they know if the status is allowed to be mentioned in news reports, people will notice that, for a group that is less than a half a percent of society, they sure do appear in the news a lot committing some extreme violence...

After years of society giving in to their delusions, they finally eventually snap... unless they have a firm enough grip on reality to begin with so that in some sense they know this is just pretend. Then they can maintain a presence in the real world and as long as that connection to reality is there, they should be ok for the most part. So that explains why a lot of them can live a normal life to some extent.

But not everyone has the ability to separate fantasy from reality when they are jumping back and forth on a daily basis. It takes a certain kind of person. Just like not everyone can make a good spy, or actor, or undercover cop, or other jobs that require you to play pretend. But some people can live double, even triple lives with very little to no problem. They can make that separation.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

When all this first started gaining traction years ago, I really didn't think a whole lot about gender dysphoria issues. As the years went on, and I asked questions with genuine curiosity, it became abundantly clear that there are still issues that seem completely overlooked. Those issues do not seem to be addressed by currently accepted treatments, like surgeries, in any meaningful capacity.

I was like you initially, and quite ready to accept people as they wanted to be... until I did more research, and realized just how sinister and dangerous the underlying agenda really is.

The current gender affirming approach to treatment -- and regulation/legislation -- is not working for many reasons, but most of all because it's not addressing very necessary inherent to the transgender condition. It is not practical or reasonable or effective.

We MUST do better -- for everyone's sake -- but I'm afraid that those who profit ($$$) most are extorting both the pain and suffering of some, as well as the narcissism and power tripping of others, for their own gain.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

I have no will or desire to hurt anyone, including transgender persons. I wish I could say the same about all transgender persons. If I could, we wouldn't have to have this conversation.

I am demanding that we recognize and address the big violent elephant in the room and deal with it appropriately.

I will NEVER accept Self-ID because of these people.

It is chilling that you will defend brutal and violent predators in the name of defending the trans ideology. NOT transgender people. Because plenty of transsexuals who dare to disagree with the Trans Activists have likewise been attacked.

Very sad.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

So... we have to constantly hear about transgenders, but only in a positive context. They can never be mentioned in a negative context.

Nor in any way that they just don't like...

But if the VICTIM of a crime was transgender, THEN you damn well BETTER mention their transgender status no less than a dozen times in your report OR ELSE.

This is emotional blackmail, pure and simple. And another power play. Try to do a Google search for crimes committed by trans women and you will get pages and pages of crimes committed against trans women. They keep good people focused on the latter, and do their damnedest to hide the latter.

After years of society giving in to their delusions, they finally eventually snap... unless they have a firm enough grip on reality to begin with so that in some sense they know this is just pretend. Then they can maintain a presence in the real world and as long as that connection to reality is there, they should be ok for the most part. So that explains why a lot of them can live a normal life to some extent.

But not everyone has the ability to separate fantasy from reality when they are jumping back and forth on a daily basis. It takes a certain kind of person. Just like not everyone can make a good spy, or actor, or undercover cop, or other jobs that require you to play pretend. But some people can live double, even triple lives with very little to no problem. They can make that separation.

I have thought quite a bit about this, and I think you're exactly right. The truth will smack everyone upside the head one day, and will cause psychotic breaks for many. Too many. People -- children! -- are being told that their misconceptions and misperceptions are real, that it's just mean cis people that won't accept them... they are depending on others for validation of their denial and they will never get it. They are being set up for a very painful fall. It's cruel.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Trans folk should be free from discrimination and be treated equally.

I think it's an individual's choice if they want to use pronouns or w/e else. Forcing society is a bit hypocritical to their freedom of sexuality movement.

And trans not revealing themselves? Well I don't believe they have to by law, but it sure is rude if a guy takes a trans women home only to find she has junk in the trunk...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Funny how the smallest group of people always make the loudest noise. Transgenders are like .00001 % of the population, yet we can't help but talk about them

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: 3n19m470

Funny how the smallest group of people always make the loudest noise. Transgenders are like .00001 % of the population, yet we can't help but talk about them

It is becoming a "weaponized control movement" to control freedom of speech, opinions, and society norms.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I think when we couple the seemingly inherent associated issues with some of these other behavioral trends.. we are performing a massive disservice to everyone.

The things that are pointed out as bigotry, and even literal nazism, do little more than point out two things: 1) Actual "nazis" are so rare that there isn't even context and 2) We can tell how easy life is for an individual in proportion to how deeply they search for perceived injustice.

Its a shame that "tolerance," like so many other concepts, has been co-opted and corrupted. Now it seems to mean that someone must not only be tolerant, but actively approve and participate, lest they be labeled a bigot and a nazi. The consequences of such a childish, naive approach not only results in inevitable backfires, but undermines the meaning and severity of the original concepts.

I suppose this would all be bad enough if it was solely relegated to individuals, but we have corporations upholding the narrative too. Corporations, that I am convinced, are roughly working as proxies to political entities in order to avoid.. lets call them "constitutional difficulties."

If I'm honest, it seems like every part of it is by design, with its foundations in co-opting language. In my opinion, what most folks refer to as "progressive" or "liberal" are anything but, and I can't help but wonder why that is part of the narrative... Perhaps an entirely different discussion though, but I feel it might be prudent to actually start exploring the social group (so called "liberals," etc.) within the framework of them being a new, novel societal group.

It seems to me that this is simply one of the more obvious facets in a much larger operation. One that tramples foes and allies alike, depending on the situation.

Its all so tragic to me. Especially since technology has finally started to render some very left leaning constructs feasible for the first time in our history. So, folks like me who openly call themselves liberal are disregarded the moment the word is uttered, conservatives will resist change to an even greater degree, and the most publicized voices of the "left" are focused on things that were dwindling issues. Thereby reigniting them, since if someone doesn't actively approve and participate, it is taken as proof of horrible injustice.

I mean, if everyone was tolerant of each other even if we didn't approve and participate ourselves, we are all good there. There isn't really a fight to be had, until we start forcing participation and approval as if tolerance, respect, and equality are only achievable based on if someone thinks and acts exactly the same. When we all think and act alike, it renders the very concepts meaningless, but it does a very good job of maintaining and supporting generations-old, corrupt power structures in an age of instant information access.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join