It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism: Hide Violence by Trans Women -- Arrest TERFs for Telling the Truth About Us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It just keeps getting worse.

As Trans Activists demand that we all MUST believe and declare that trans women are "real women"... and demand that we respect their pronouns and not "misgender" them... and insist that their given MALE names never be mentioned... They are also demanding that newspapers reporting on crimes committed by trans women -- including the most violent crimes! -- never mention the perp's transgender status!!! But by golly gee they'll sic the cops on anyone using the wrong words and pronouns.

Sounds pretty crazy, eh? But that's exactly what is now happening in Canada, England and Australia and increasingly in the USA:

Mother, 38, is arrested in front of her children and locked in a cell for seven HOURS after calling a transgender woman a man on Twitter

Don't you dare use their given name either:

A mother was arrested in front of her children and locked up for seven hours after referring to a transgender woman as a man online.

Three officers detained Kate Scottow at her home before quizzing her at a police station about an argument with an activist on Twitter over so-called 'deadnaming'.

The 38-year-old, from Hitchin, Hertfordshire, had her photograph, DNA and fingerprints taken and remains under investigation.

On the other hand, this guy was lucky I guess... he just got a visit from the police and a verbal warning:

Graham Linehan given police warning after complaint by transgender activist

Graham Linehan, the co-writer of the sitcom Father Ted, has been given a verbal harassment warning by police after a complaint by a transgender activist.

Linehan was told by West Yorkshire police not to contact the activist Stephanie Hayden, after a row on Twitter.

Hayden reported him for transphobia after he referred to her as “he” and for “deadnaming” her by referring to her by names used before she transitioned.

In both cases, it is the same Trans Activist, Stephanie Hayden, who complained to police about being "deadnamed" and "misgendered." I can understand why HE would not want HIS past known:

The transgender lawyer who has accused Father Ted scribe Graham Linehan of transphobia and is suing him for harassment was once convicted of affray for threatening a man with a golf club, as well as for a number of other offences.

EXCLUSIVE Transgender lawyer suing Graham Linehan was convicted of threatening a man with a golf club

[Note: Affray: In many legal jurisdictions related to English common law, affray is a public order offence consisting of the fighting of one or more persons in a public place to the terror (in French: à l'effroi) of ordinary people.]

And Hayden didn't stop at calling the police on Mr. Linehan... he went after Mrs. Linehan:

Mr Linehan, 50, claimed Ms Hayden posted details of his wife’s company, and published them online, in retaliation for sharing details of her background.

“Hayden was trying to shut me up by attacking my wife,” he said. “The only thing the extremists will accept in this conversation is complete capitulation but I won’t stop talking about this.

Father Ted writer Graham Linehan says the trans activist Stephanie Hayden is dangerous troll by Lucy Bannerman in the Times 29.09.18

All of this is especially disturbing to me because as Trans Activists continue their concerted effort to silence people online -- Twitter bans misgendering and deadnaming in pro-trans move -- they are also working to silence the whole truth... even when it includes violent crimes (and often violent sexual crimes) committed by mentally/emotionally disturbed men who identify as women. Media already reports such crimes as being committed by women -- NOT trans women -- such as this recent example:

A woman was arrested last week, after she allegedly kicked a 79-year-old woman in the face while riding a Red Line train.

...witnesses said Turner swung from an overhead handrail, and kicked the woman in the face without provocation.

Woman Charged With Kicking Elderly Woman In The Face On Red Line Train
In this case, a witness followed the attacker and he was arrested. What if he hadn't been arrested? Would the media have then included the FACT that this is a man -- or at least a trans woman -- so that people would actually know who to look for? And look out for??? Would the police report that FACT? Or would it be too transphobic?

Interestingly enough, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) has published guidelines for reporting on crimes committed by transgenders, and offers many possible scenarios and descriptions that exclude any mention of transgender identify, but all such scenarios deal with instances where the perpetrator is caught and arrested, NOT when the perpetrator is still at large:

Consistent Respect: Reporting On Transgender Crime Suspects

However, in practice, the Daily Mail was just banned from mentioning transgender status of a criminal suspect:

“EXCLUSIVE: Transgender sister, 31, of football star is charged with manslaughter over the death of her boyfriend, 51, after ‘domestic violence’ incident at a house in Sydney’s south”

However, given the woman’s transgender status was not relevant to the alleged criminality, identifying her as such in the headline and again in the article could lead some readers to conclude that this characteristic was either the cause of, or a factor in, the alleged crime and could contribute to substantial prejudice against transgender people. The Council considers that in prominently identifying the woman as transgender the publication failed to take reasonable steps to avoid contributing to substantial prejudice and that there was no sufficient public interest justifying doing so. Accordingly the Council concludes that the publication breached General Principle 6.

To be specific, General Principle 6 would be:

6. Avoid causing or contributing materially to substantial offence, distress or prejudice, or a substantial risk to health or safety, unless doing so is sufficiently in the public interest.

Press Council

I can -- and have -- made the case that there is a very violent subset of men who identify as women (autogynephiles), and therefore transgender status is quite relevant to the crime and "sufficiently in the public interest"... but they didn't ask me.

(continued in next post...)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
(continued...)

Neither did a group called the "Rainbow Rights Watch," which is trying to ban all mention of the transgender status of criminal suspects, which was prompted by another very disturbing case; unfortunately, the only media report I can find is behind a paywall, but the title sums it up:
TRAs take Press Regulator to court to attempt to force a ruling censoring all reporting on crime by transwomen, following axe attack case

This is the original report of this axe attack: Transgender axe attacker split man's face in HALF in rampage after bad Tinder date

CCTV reveals Evie Amati stormed the garage armed with a fire axe and took a swing at bystander Ben Rimmer.

She has been jailed for four-and-a-half years – with her lawyer blaming the sex change operation.

Her legal team claimed the operation had left her in immense pain and fuelled her desire to kill strangers.

There was an ATS thread about it at the time: Transgender attacks man with axe after bad Tinder date

It is notable to me that the above defendant used his transgender status and side effects from treatment as his defense, again affirming that transgender status (and gender affirming treatment) does indeed have relevance and is in the public interest.

Or are we not supposed to be disturbed that his treatment "fuelled her [sic] desire to kill strangers"??? Are we supposed to believe that he is the one and only one so affected???

There are sooooooooooo many examples of crimes by trans women being reported as regular women. And far more examples of truly horrific violent crimes committed by men identifying as women. We cannot pretend otherwise. The following source has collected literally dozens of examples: The Tip of the IceBerg (please add to this list).

Some food for thought: There is evidence that approximately 88% of all convicted sex offenders are "cross-dressers"... in other words, "transgender" by basic definitions and under any form of "self-ID". So while certainly not all men identifying as transgender are violent predators, most violent predators are men who dress/identify as women (to one extent or another, whether publicly or privately, part-time or full-time).

When is 90% not Substantially ALL?

And just a little more food for thought: Boys Dressed as Girls Who Became Serial Killers

It should go without saying that I am not accusing all men who identify as women of being violent sexual predators. I am saying that it is a known and established statistical fact that most violent sexual predators are cross-dressers/transgender. And it is significant.

We cannot stop anyone committing horrendous crimes, but we can demand that they are identified properly and accurately and truthfully.

We can also make damn sure that it's known and considered in the fight for single-sex spaces -- where it can be a matter of life and death for vulnerable girls and women.

And we must also remember this in the fight against the "self-ID" demanded by Trans Activists, which would remove any need for a medical/psychological diagnosis, and allow any and every violent sexual predator to identify as a "woman" and erase their predatory history... now free to prey on women and children in private spaces as a "woman."

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you again Boadicea for your well-sourced and comprehensive OP on this topic. I agree 100 percent with all of your points both in this post and in previous threads.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: thegeneraldisarray

Thank you, General -- I'm so glad it's appreciated!

I truly believe this is one of the most important issues we're dealing with at this time. The implications and ramifications are significant, serious, and dangerous for everyone.

Especially the transgender population themselves.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Great post

I confess I've made a nuisance of myself lately with my local coppers by asking just what "law" is being broken and what "crime" has been committed by the use of words on a screen? This came about as a result of the man on twitter being report by ONE transgender person to Humberside Police for "liking" a limerick/poem which could have been interpreted as mocking transgenders. He received a phone call (even though he wasn't even in Humberside Police area) and luckily recorded the whole conversation when the LBTG Relations Officer admitted that there wasn't actually a crime but they would be keeping an eye on his tweets and facebook posting and he needed to "check his thinking"!! Thought crime in action
Thought Crime

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Not long ago there was an Op-Ed by a transexual activist telling men that they MUST accept trannies as real women or else we're all bigots. That trans "women" are NOT REQUIRED to reveal that they are trans, thus removing any consent by the intended victims of these individuals.

I'm sick of trans activism.

It's an exercise in protecting mental illness and trying to impose it on regular people.

And if you don't agree you're a bigot and a thought criminal.

Here's the disgusting article:
www.theodysseyonline.com...
edit on 10 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I shudder to imagine what the country or world will be like in another 20yrs everyone watching each other, everyone watching what they say and walking on eggshells and now watching what they think!

Seems various political parties have decided that Orwell's 1984 is actually a political playbook and not fiction...but only in the West if you notice

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
From the OP.
This seems to be a real problem in the UK:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Three officers detained Kate Scottow at her home before quizzing her at a police station about an argument with an activist on Twitter over so-called 'deadnaming'.

The 38-year-old, from Hitchin, Hertfordshire, had her photograph, DNA and fingerprints taken and remains under investigation.

More than two months after her arrest on December 1, she has had neither her mobile phone or laptop returned, which she says is hampering her studies for a Masters in forensic psychology.

TWITTER seems to be a common thread here.
edit on 10 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Great post

I confess I've made a nuisance of myself lately with my local coppers by asking just what "law" is being broken and what "crime" has been committed by the use of words on a screen?

That's awesome! I'm so proud of you!!!

This came about as a result of the man on twitter being report by ONE transgender person to Humberside Police for "liking" a limerick/poem which could have been interpreted as mocking transgenders. He received a phone call (even though he wasn't even in Humberside Police area) and luckily recorded the whole conversation when the LBTG Relations Officer admitted that there wasn't actually a crime but they would be keeping an eye on his tweets and facebook posting and he needed to "check his thinking"!! Thought crime in action
Thought Crime

That's ridiculous... and chilling.

I can't believe this is even a thing. But it is. Good for you for addressing it head on. And thanks for being that person.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yup and the very fact that we have such non police officers as LBGTQ liasons is disturbing...then again the Armed Forces now have to have Islamic liasons too....sigh

Trick is don't have twitter but if you do and post an opinion...ensure that there is no way it can be proven a "hate" crime...thinking etc isn't yet a crime but I'm sure it will be

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I live in the US so I won't have cops calling me over my posts unless I directly threaten someone, which I would not and will not do.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If a guy wants to dress and act like a woman so be it.

If that guy wants me to bend over backwards to accommodate his behavior and proclaim he is a woman... No.

You are a guy dressing and trying to act like a woman. You are biologically a man and always will be.

I will not coddle your behavior and allow you to have power over me. (Yes, it is a power trip, say what we want you to say or else).

Fact.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
From the OP.
This seems to be a real problem in the UK:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

More than two months after her arrest on December 1, she has had neither her mobile phone or laptop returned, which she says is hampering her studies for a Masters in forensic psychology.

TWITTER seems to be a common thread here.

On reading it she was harassing the person. You dont ger to continually harass someone online. Doesnt matter in the least she and transgender. What matters is that woman has serious problems.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I will not coddle your behavior and allow you to have power over me. (Yes, it is a power trip, say what we want you to say or else).

You're 100% correct -- it is a power trip. Driven by narcissism and sexual arousal.

I refuse to give anyone that power as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So disagreeing with a tranny is harassment?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

On reading it she was harassing the person. You dont ger to continually harass someone online. Doesnt matter in the least she and transgender. What matters is that woman has serious problems.

I believe you are referring to this:

It was complaints by Miss Hayden that led both to the arrest of, and injunction against, Mrs Scottow.

High Court papers obtained by The Mail on Sunday detail how Mrs Scottow is accused of a 'campaign of targeted harassment' against Miss Hayden, allegedly motivated by her 'status as a transgender woman'.

I'm pretty sure those are the words of Hayden in the complaint filed that got the police to arrest her -- not the words of the police. I thought I had read this in the article, but I don't see any reference now. Maybe I read it in another article, or maybe it was in the comments (which I now see are closed).

The woman in question did have two Twitter accounts apparently, but that's not unusual, and isn't necessarily sinister. And it seems that all this took place within the course of a single Twitter discussion. It doesn't seem as thought there was a pattern of this woman stalking and harassing. I'm not positive about that though. There's just not enough confirmed information to know one way or another.

I really wish the Daily Mail had published the court filings....

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Clown world would be a lot funnier if not for the very real harm inflicted.
I wish you luck with your campaign.

I thought you might win a small victory in South Dakota where they had a bill to ban trans from high school sports. Look like that lost unfortunately.
edit on 10-2-2019 by toms54 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

As this pertains to violent behaviour, it certainly can be a cause for concern if transgender women who have transitioned or are in the process of transitioning, or are misuing or not able to obtain horomones, are having problems with mood, depression, anger etc. and not being monitored properly or the medical community just haven't figured out how to treat the adverse reactions of hormonal therapy, which also includes transgender men becoming more aggressive, then, add in transgender discrimination and violence to further challenge transgender people, then it would appear that we all have a big problem on our hands.

As for sexual predation, if you read the linked study, it seems that trans women may be misusing or not using hormones at all, as well, how much does a person's present and past relating to their experience with discrimination and sexual violence play into this?

My overall point is that once the hormone therapy has begun and if we are to assume that quite a few transgender people might be unable to continue to afford or obtain hormones, or obtain them through other means then perhaps misuse them, how or where are these people to obtain help with some of these very serious issues?

And their fight for gender identity will always be fueled as long as discrimination and hate exist against them and why does it put some people's nose out of joint to use the pronoun that a transgender person asks you to use; isn't it a human right - isn't that just simple respect?

We have here some very complex social, psychological and medical issues here.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Not long ago there was an Op-Ed by a transexual activist telling men that they MUST accept trannies as real women or else we're all bigots. That trans "women" are NOT REQUIRED to reveal that they are trans, thus removing any consent by the intended victims of these individuals.

I'm sick of trans activism.

It's an exercise in protecting mental illness and trying to impose it on regular people.

And if you don't agree you're a bigot and a thought criminal.

Here's the disgusting article:
www.theodysseyonline.com...

The logic behind that blog is that people can't help themselves if they feel the impuls to live as the opposite sex they have to act on it. Entirely ignoring that it's also their previous experience and environment and circumstances who made them that way. It's not just for fun, it's often serious issues that lead to the feeling of a "wrong body".

This poor marine who is now in jail for murder would never have touched that transgender person if he had known he was transgender. He certainly didn't plan to kill someone that night he wanted to have sex. The shock must have been deep. You can blame society all you want not to be honest was what destroyed both lifes. Totally avoidable.

To the OP it's hard to argue with statistics...

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It was mentioned above by a poster that he is "sick of transactivism". I just couldn't agree more.

Do you know what most humans alive really just simply cannot stand...arrogance. No one openly or even privately just truly appreciates a good ol' double dose of arrogance. Confidence...absolutely. Stalwart...when righteous. But arrogant, hellz to the no. I mention this because I think that this whole trans thing is just so freakin' arrogant. It's like we're all supposed to stop what we're doing a give a flying fiddler's f**k about this, and if we don't we're...what, insensitive, bigoted, prejudiced, intolerant (insert the new lexicon of "bad" words here). I've got to sit around and remember 72 freakin' different genders and then be told that there is no gender! I have to appropriately and correctly apply the proper pronoun to an ever increasing androgyny and when I don't get it right can expect, often extreme, retribution. That my livihood or even now freedom might be threated. Screw...you!!!

This is the thing, when I watch these YouTube videos on the lunacy of this, I am not seeing the numbers reflect the "tolerance" that is being crammed down our throats. I'll see like 30K likes with 200 dislikes on these issues (you might say I'm watching vids that are specifically being watched by proponents of that side, and that would probably be correct, but it's telling none-the-less). I think that there's coming a reckoning, where sober and like-minded people who are sick of this idiocy are going to get fed up, they're going to get tired of being bullied, and they're going to say as a collective...enough.

We're not going to allow you to kill babies and tell us that we have to smile about it. We're not going to allow perverts into dressing rooms with our wives and daughters. We're not going to abide by some inane sense of sensibility that you expect us to remember and obey. We're not going to deny our beliefs of faith because they don't agree with your lifestyle. We're not licking your disgusting feet any longer. That's it.

And when that happens, well, what always happens to a bully in the end...?

Peace...
TEP

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join