It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

First Nations here or if you prefer Native American and what I saw was not a kid attacking or calling names but just a kid who stood there.

This incident is being blown way out of proportion.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

CNN fake news and other fake news media is spinning this into something it is not.

Nathan Phillips Native American CRIES WOLF about Maga hat wearing teen

The true story of the Indian Elder and the Kid with Maga Hat

MAGA Teens Confront Old Native Man In DC… Or Did They? Here’s The Real Story

From what I am seeing the Elder man walked into the group of teenagers to provoke them. Instead he got them chanting along with him. They didnt harass him back, they went along with the man beating the drum IN the teenagers face. See another angle.

Notice how the man is beating the drums right in the teens face? So who is provoking who?

Classy. Real Classy. These kids need some serious discipline. Disgusting.

The only thing disgusting that I see is the misinformation being thrown around about this event when the truth is very different than what fake propaganda CNN news pushes out.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You are aware that Independents outnumber both parties and decide elections?

Being an Independent and recognizing that both of the main parties are so broken they can't get anything done is taking a side. Both parties have to pander to us to win.

The Left is not evil, the Right is not evil, but both have evil people among them being embraced with open arms. Most of us are moderates and in the end, we will win the debate.

This whole thing is a non story. No violence, nothing bad happened and the media and the partisan fanatics are doing what they always do. Creating more Independents.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Creating more independents is a good thing, so at least something good comes from this # show.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I would hit anyone that presents such a challenge in my own personal space.

IOW, if you were the kid, you would have punched the elder?
Since he approached the kid, and his buddy yelled racist comments at him.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This whole thing is a non story. No violence, nothing bad happened and the media and the partisan fanatics are doing what they always do. Creating more Independents.

It is more than a "non story," it is in fact a hoax, and a lie. If such a hoax had been perpetrated by the right the thread would have immediately found itself in the hoax bin, or the lol bin. But because it is a hoax and a lie perpetrated by the left it is being allowed to remain here.

Heck, threads have been thrown in the "hoax" bin, or on forums like "lol" for a lot less, even before there was any evidence showing whether the thread was true or not. The only difference is that those threads leaned to the right in politics.

As to "independents outnumber either party," whether or not that's true it doesn't really show that "independents are right." Because, if you are right, then "independents" were the same people who voted Obama in twice, despite all the wrongs he did even during his first term.

BTW, where does that leave the millions of illegals who have been voting, and other dirty/illegal tactics which have been used even in the open by democrats?

Up to 5.7 million illegals could have voted in the 2008 elections. How many more could have voted after "democrats/liberals" made it easier for illegals to vote in several states and cities? Or the other tactics such as driving the same voters from voting booth to voting booth, and in at least some instances such voters were bused to other states to vote.

"It's a very easy thing for Republicans to say they're bussing people in," Foval says in the video. "Well you know what? We've been bussing people in to deal with you #in' a$$holes for fifty years and we're not going to stop now. We're just going to find a different way to do it."

www.realclearpolitics.com...#!

Of course, it was easy for the DNC to "distance itself" from this and claim "they weren't involved" when evidence shows the contrary.

Could it be that many of the "independent votes" are not really achieved through legal ways?

Anyway, do you agree or not that the op is a hoax and a lie?

edit on 21-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Lol, I went to a private school up until the 6th grade and have many friends who continued attending through their high school years. I can vouch for the fact that just because kids go to a private school, they certainly have their share of bullies and rednecks! They all don't have halos above their heads, lol.

I attended many high school parties given by private school students since I was friends with many of them. Some of the same guys would always try to start fights. What I find really hilarious is one of the biggest rednecks and instigators I knew (because he played on the same little league baseball team as I), ended up becoming a Federal Judge!

I also knew of another guy who attended a local "public school" who would go around and siphon gasoline out of parked cars so he could fill up the tank in his car! He also used to shop-lift at the local convenience store! Now he's a county Sheriff! I guess it's true that opposites attract, lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Really? I can't find a thread on this? Classy. Real Classy. These kids need some serious discipline. Disgusting.

Bwahahaahahahahahhahahaha

I love how much you guys fall for fake news! The best part is that it was only one day after falling for the other fake news about trump directing cohen to lie to congress (yet having his own son tell the truth...? LMAO, delusional). If you don't wake up to the corrupt, lying, media, after those two days, you are probably never going to wake up.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There seems to be more than one opinion on this. This is a board where we debate and discuss and all sides get their say.

What you seem to be saying is you want any opinion that does not agree with your opinion silenced or labeled.

My opinion on what the video's show? Two groups that are not representative of the Left as a whole tried to goad some kids that were protesting into violence and failed. I've watched all the video's. The native guy is lying.

It's not a hoax, it's a difference of opinion and we are debating it here. You wan't one sided that's called a blog, of which there are so many as to be almost uncountable.

As to Independents, we, they look at both sides and are not connected to a party by an umbilical cord, nor do we feel obliged to buy into the party line since we have recognized that both parties are corrupt and both parties are willing to sell out to radicals for a few extra votes.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think his point is that the contention made by the OP is a hoax. I mean, the headline is:

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

Did that happen?

Please excuse me for butting into your conversation.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I looked at the videos and the background and here is my take on this:

Sticks and stones. That is what started this and the people who should ultimately be held accountable are the chaperones.

Here is what I saw on the complete video that shows it from a different angle and based on what all was seen:

Typical day at the Lincoln memorial. Students are there for a field trip, however it is a popular place for soapbox speaking. 5 men, of African descent were there, and speaking. The nature of their speech was racist, and insulting. As they spoke, the class there from the highschool started to assemble. Now the students could have and should have ignored the rantings of the people there, speaking. But they did not, and even suggest and said that the chaperones agreed and gave permission to give their school chant and spirit. There was an exchange and then it escalated. Had it been a small group, things may have been different. however, as this was a class, and there were more than 20 students there, far more to where they were starting to get rowdy and a mob mentality set in. The Native American elder stepped in to diffuse the situation and it started to get out of hand.

The video showing the mid point, took this way out of context, and ultimately that was to provoke and cause blame. However, as was stated these were students on a field trip, and their chaperones permitted this. So the fault lies with the chaperones, who could have simply told the students to remain silent and not say anything, and to just walk away from the 5 people.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: j4ckd4r1pp3r
a reply to: Xtrozero

First Nations here or if you prefer Native American and what I saw was not a kid attacking or calling names but just a kid who stood there.

This incident is being blown way out of proportion.

Yeah, after I watched the full video I was rather impressed at how he just stood there with a bunch of strangers invading their private space and beating a drum inches from their ear. A lot of other 16 year old teens might not have been as disciplined.
edit on 21-1-2019 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

The original incident is a non-story.

The media malpractice of 'journalists', celebrities, hollywood-types and pundits to go overboard with their reactions and presumptions is very much a story that needs to be repeated.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

So basically, the crazy people can have a platform but if anyone else does, that's a problem? Social media in a nutshell, I guess, has worked it's way into the public.

Remember: "All that is required for evil to thrive is for good people to stand by and do nothing."

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There's no way to reason with this Southern Guardian guy, so just hit the "ignore" button and let him ride his fouled up horse off into the sunset.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

So a class of school students standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial should not have the right to give their school spirit chants and cheers but the adults surrounding them can say all sorts of foul things and the students have to stand there and be verbally abused. Have I got that about right?

I guess my Dad was right when he remarked, "No good deed goes unpunished." These kids were acting exactly like boisterous teens with one remarkable difference in my view: They weren't using vulgarity or obscenities to express their opinions. Unlike their abusers.

That young man who is taking all the flack was a model of grace under pressure that any parent would be proud to own.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Bingo

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Lmao!! Look at Mr. Keyboard Warrior over here. Yeah, sure you would. Just like youd bust the kid in the "snib" lmao!!!

Nobody is entitled to the respect of another person...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
I looked at the videos and the background and here is my take on this:

Sticks and stones. That is what started this and the people who should ultimately be held accountable are the chaperones.

Here is what I saw on the complete video that shows it from a different angle and based on what all was seen:

Typical day at the Lincoln memorial. Students are there for a field trip, however it is a popular place for soapbox speaking. 5 men, of African descent were there, and speaking. The nature of their speech was racist, and insulting. As they spoke, the class there from the highschool started to assemble. Now the students could have and should have ignored the rantings of the people there, speaking. But they did not, and even suggest and said that the chaperones agreed and gave permission to give their school chant and spirit. There was an exchange and then it escalated. Had it been a small group, things may have been different. however, as this was a class, and there were more than 20 students there, far more to where they were starting to get rowdy and a mob mentality set in. The Native American elder stepped in to diffuse the situation and it started to get out of hand.

The video showing the mid point, took this way out of context, and ultimately that was to provoke and cause blame. However, as was stated these were students on a field trip, and their chaperones permitted this. So the fault lies with the chaperones, who could have simply told the students to remain silent and not say anything, and to just walk away from the 5 people.

so you admit that ADULTS used disgusting racist hate speech on children, but somehow the children are at fault?
jog on
if these kids were anything but lilly white the whole nation would be in turmoil over this
let some white adults yell that kind of crap to black kids and see what happens

this just exposed how horrible the double standard is here in the usa

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join