It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Really? I can't find a thread on this?

Classy. Real Classy. These kids need some serious discipline. Disgusting.

They were Catholic high school students who came to Washington on a field trip to rally at the March for Life.

He was a Native American veteran of the Vietnam War who was there to raise awareness at the Indigenous Peoples March.

They intersected on Friday in an unsettling encounter outside the Lincoln Memorial — a throng of cheering and jeering high school boys, predominantly white and wearing “Make America Great Again” gear, surrounding a Native American elder.

The episode was being investigated and the students could face punishment, up to and including expulsion, their school said in a statement on Saturday afternoon.

Source

I wonder where these kids thought it appropriate to harass an elderly man like this out of the blue?? A Vietnam Vet it turns out. And at a march totally unrelated and politically motivated. For what reason I wonder did these kids feel to target this man and other native Americans in their march?? Surely they didn't make any assumptions about the march participants?

For those of you unaware, the Indegenous People's March was intended to draw attention to global injustices against indigenous peoples. It had little to nothing to do with the political posturing going on in DC at the moment, or the political divide, which these kids obviously assumed was the case. The kind of disrespect to your elders, truly disgusting. Kudos to the Vet for standing his ground, staying calm in the face of harassment. I understand these kids are clueless, my concern would be where they're being influenced? Reports are in that the school is investigating, has made a statement to the effect.

Vietnam veteran Nathan Phillips:

Phillips did make comment to the Wall the and MAGA movement given what these kids were shouting and wearing. Made commentary to the wall and his views but regardless, that march he participated in wasn't about that and that alone. I mean even at that, Jesus this guy could be your granddad, have some respect.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The gay stare off?

Thats it?

I figured at least they'd be doing stupid fortnite dances...

Was that supposed to be his machoman randy savage stare?

I give it 3/10.

Snap into a slimjim.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
2nd video no work =/

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Don't pretend like you'd care one bit about this if these kids weren't wearing MAGA hats.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Bet those nuns got them rulers a-ready.

Allahackbaralrite.

nun 4k .gif

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Don't pretend like you'd care one bit about this if these kids weren't wearing MAGA hats.

Obviously you don't care at all given the deflection above. It's any wonder why these kids felt emboldened to surround and taunt an elderly man like this, a native American.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Video works now, so that one kid blocked his path.

He felt danger cuz he said they were angry.

FEAR FEAR FEAR like 5 more times about everything.

Douchey kids but hey at least they didn't go all antifa.

So what to do?

I say we deplatform them, it's the only they will learn.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Oh i'll spare you the moral BS

I really dgaf about either side.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

This kid has his face plastered all over the internet at the moment. Something like this will stick to you for life.

This image is going viral:

Jesus, I'd be beside myself as a parent.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So, does this mean orange man is bad?

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

That native american looks an awful lot like this actor out of the Skrillex / Damien Marley song 'make it bun Dem'

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
So, does this mean orange man is bad?

Stupid question.

Of course that’s what it means.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Damn crisis actors!

PS. it is him.

edit on 20/1/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Alex Jones didn't think that was funny.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Really? I can't find a thread on this?

Classy. Real Classy. These kids need some serious discipline. Disgusting.

They were Catholic high school students who came to Washington on a field trip to rally at the March for Life.

He was a Native American veteran of the Vietnam War who was there to raise awareness at the Indigenous Peoples March.

They intersected on Friday in an unsettling encounter outside the Lincoln Memorial — a throng of cheering and jeering high school boys, predominantly white and wearing “Make America Great Again” gear, surrounding a Native American elder.

The episode was being investigated and the students could face punishment, up to and including expulsion, their school said in a statement on Saturday afternoon.

Source

I wonder where these kids thought it appropriate to harass an elderly man like this out of the blue?? A Vietnam Vet it turns out. And at a march totally unrelated and politically motivated. For what reason I wonder did these kids feel to target this man and other native Americans in their march?? Surely they didn't make any assumptions about the march participants?

For those of you unaware, the Indegenous People's March was intended to draw attention to global injustices against indigenous peoples. It had little to nothing to do with the political posturing going on in DC at the moment, or the political divide, which these kids obviously assumed was the case. The kind of disrespect to your elders, truly disgusting. Kudos to the Vet for standing his ground, staying calm in the face of harassment. I understand these kids are clueless, my concern would be where they're being influenced? Reports are in that the school is investigating, has made a statement to the effect.

Vietnam veteran Nathan Phillips:

Phillips did make comment to the Wall the and MAGA movement given what these kids were shouting and wearing. Made commentary to the wall and his views but regardless, that march he participated in wasn't about that and that alone. I mean even at that, Jesus this guy could be your granddad, have some respect.

Yeah they "surrounded him" even though he walked into the group himself. More fake outrage.
What really happened

Also give me a timestamp where you hear anyone shouting anything close to "build the wall". Where did hear that? Or did you just read it?

edit on 20-1-2019 by Tekner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

This couldn't have anything to do with their upbringing at home or the Catholic school that's educating them could it?

I mean it must be the red hats they're wearing that turned them into smug lil punk's, correct?

Damn hats, damn Trump, it's always his fault. He should assume full responsibility for this or else.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hopefully someone makes a commercial to rectify this.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

What's absent is the other side of the story.

Notice that?

Guessing not.

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

What's absent is the other side of the story.

Notice that?

Guessing not.

Posting again so people actually see it, he clearly targeted that group of kids and walked straight up to them and is now saying they surrounded and mocked him and were yelling "build the wall" when there is 0 audio evidence of that being said.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Oh it's pretty clear to me.

Pretty clear given their school condemned the actions of these kids.

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School have issued the following statement:

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.

We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

There's no fakery here. Just excuses. It's any wonder why we have these brats acting up? With the excuses on this thread?

By the way I invite those making excuses to message the school and proclaim this is all just propaganda. I'm sure they'd appreciate your assistance at this time.
edit on 20-1-2019 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join