It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#TheBestMenCanBe #Gillette

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: Boadicea

Gutfeld on Gillette's new 'toxic masculinity' ad
7:17

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Thank you -- I had to laugh (out loud!) at that one guy talking about wanting to see the razor sliding over a man's face... OMG! That was almost sensual!!!

But the one guy made an excellent point that there's no doubt Gillette showed this commercial to a test audience before airing it for feedback. So Gillette had a pretty good idea of exactly what can of worms they were opening, and obviously think it will work for them in the end.

That seems totally counter-intuitive given the seemingly widespread negative backlash. So what does Gillette know that we don't? Maybe they know that women buy their husbands' razors for them, and they know it tested positive with women? Or maybe they know that much of the backlash is coming from MRAs and incels who aren't their target market anyway? Maybe they're hoping to increase their trans woman market?

I really don't know. I'm just kind of spitballing here...

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

To bad they have to insult men in order to appeal to women. Sorry state we are at today.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We know a commercial about any other sex/ethnicity/ fill in the blank along the same line would have the SAME damn liberal women in this thread screaming racist/misogynist/xenophobe/Islamophobia.

But see a commercial going after anyone else wouldn't be put on air, hell the the person trying to push it would probably be fired for trying to produce it. Its so easy to talk big when you know a commercial will never be made to prove my point.

However , I know how a good majority of progressives would act if one of the commercials I have exampled would be made.

But its only men who have issues right? Only men who need be scolded and told how terrible we are?
edit on 16-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am actually more suprised that Gillette are still as big as they are. Really, who buys disposable razors these days? Especially seriously over priced garbage?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

To bad they have to insult men in order to appeal to women. Sorry state we are at today.

The only men they are insulting are the ones who choose to bully, harass and inflict violence on others and those men do not appeal to women. Skewed view by you, much?
edit on 01CST10America/Chicago004101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
The Gilette AD is both condescending and misleading. Imagine for a second a beauty product Ad being made in a similar vain to this one, but towards women and toxic femininity... would you stand by that Ad the same way you have with this one? I highly suspect you would not. You can't develop tolerance and understanding among the sexes by bashing one gender and making negative generalizations, while almost always avoiding holding the other accountable for their flaws as well.

We know a commercial about any other sex/ethnicity/ fill in the blank along the same line would have the SAME damn liberal women in this thread screaming racist/misogynist/xenophobe/Islamophobia.

But see a commercial going after anyone else wouldn't be put on air, hell the the person trying to push it would probably be fired for trying to produce it. Its so easy to talk big when you know a commercial will never be made to prove my point.

However , I know how a good majority of progressives would act if one of the commercials I have exampled would be made.

But its only men who have issues right? Only men who need be scolded and told how terrible we are?

It's only a certain segment of men (and a segment of women) who need to be called out and re-educated on what doing the right thing is all about.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

The only men they are insulting are the ones who choose to bully, harass and inflict violence on others and that does not appeal to women. Skewed view by you, much?

BS the two boys where wrestling and looked to be playing, the one white man going after the woman on the street maybe was gonna ask for her number. Who knows she may have found the guy attractive, the dude looked to be in semi shape..

And more than likely if she had rejected him he would have left her alone. It wasn't like the guy was an old creepy fat dude who had no chance in hell. Id consider him in her league.

But no no the black man had to step in and tell the white man, no bro no bro you will not go strike up a conversation with that woman. You are never to speak to any woman you see no matter how polite you come off.

Give me a fckin break.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The Gilette AD is both condescending and misleading. Imagine for a second a beauty product Ad being made in a similar vain to this one, but towards women and toxic femininity... would you stand by that Ad the same way you have with this one? I highly suspect you would not. You can't develop tolerance and understanding among the sexes by bashing one gender and making negative generalizations, while almost always avoiding holding the other accountable for their flaws as well.

(and a segment of women)

Let me know when that commercial is made. EDIT when commercials are made calling out every gender and race for its social issues I will STFU!!! Until then dont expect most men to keep taking being DEMONIZED and staying quiet about it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

(and a segment of women)

Let me know when that commercial is made.

Sure, but that specific segment of men really need to focus on this commercial and it's message - learning new ways of doing things can be life changing into the positive.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The only men they are insulting are the ones who choose to bully, harass and inflict violence on others and that does not appeal to women. Skewed view by you, much?

BS the two boys where wrestling and looked to be playing, the one white man going after the woman on the street maybe was gonna ask for her number. Who knows she may have found the guy attractive, the dude looked to be in semi shape..

And more than likely if she had rejected him he would have left her alone. It wasn't like the guy was an old creepy fat dude who had no chance in hell. Id considered him in her league.

But no no the black man had to step in and tell the white man, no bro no bro you will not go strike up a conversation with that women. You are never to speak to any woman you see no matter how polite you come off.

Give me a fckin break.

The message that is in front of you is trying to give you that break. Break away.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You are lost

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You are lost

Only Gillette's message is lost here by the minority.

P.S. As to Gillette's stock -the word is "Buy".
edit on 01CST10America/Chicago014101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The only thing I have learned from you is that you are one of the more unpleasant, rabid individuals I have encountered on ATS.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The only thing I have learned from you is that you are one of the more unpleasant, rabid individuals I have encountered on ATS.

That is only because the truth hurts.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Go stalk someone else.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Go stalk someone else.

You responded to me, not the other way round.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I'm OK with most of what happened in that ad. But the guy on the street really didn't have time to do anything wrong. Maybe he was gonna be an a-hole, maybe not. The other guy put his hands on him, that could be pretty rude. But I guess the subtext is that they know each other, so the black guy knew his buddy was going bother that lady.

It bothers me that they can't have a white guy telling a colored guy what to do. Both times it's the other way around.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Eh, you're pretty wrong on that one. It's high time to combat toxic feminism, too. I just don't see too many men willing to say anything -- which brings up the old adage of who's purse someone's nuts are in -- and thus it's left up to those of us (women) willing to take heat for "sabotaging ourselves" to speak up & speak out.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The Gilette AD is both condescending and misleading.

No, it is not condescending and misleading. It is quite clear. The fact that you do not see that, and that you immediately identified yourself with the bullies, is all on you.

Imagine for a second a beauty product Ad being made in a similar vain to this one, but towards women and toxic femininity... would you stand by that Ad the same way you have with this one? I highly suspect you would not.

Apparently Gillette is planning just such another campaign. So you may find out.

And you might also reconsider your initial suspicions. I shall quote myself from my very first post on the first page:

Of course, I would likewise like to see one directed at girls -- the "mean girls" type. They are just as big of bullies as any boys/men.

Oh snap!!! Seriously, I have absolutely no problem with calling out bad behavior wherever it's found, by whoever doing it.

You can't develop tolerance and understanding among the sexes by bashing one gender and making negative generalizations, while almost always avoiding holding the other accountable for their flaws as well.

Neither can anyone develop tolerance and understanding by refusing to recognize and condemn the very real bad behavior, while almost always deflecting to the flaws of others.

Wow. "Damn liberal women" -- You just love those labels!!! Well, guess what, wrong again. I'm too conservative to be liberal, and I'm too libertarian to be conservative, and I'm too populist to be libertarian... So big fat fail.

More to the point, I have already proven your "suspicions" wrong. I would also point out that this substitution scenario was put to me already, and I was able to apply the same comments and logic I applied to this situation to that one. Easy peasy. Principles are principles and apply across the board.

Its so easy to talk big when you know a commercial will never be made to prove my point.

As already noted, you are talking out your arse.

Nope... that's you. The same "damn liberal women" that you are so triggered by are the ones making a very clear distinction and singing the praises of the good guys.

You are the one who put yourself into the "not" good guy box. I'll trust YOUR judgment.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Boadicea because: "liberal" to "conservative"

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join